Dam Economy

limodriver

Last year it was fuel prices that kept people from spending more time at the dunes. I think the dunes were quieter than usual in my opinion. So I am just curious if you think it will be even slower this year with the economy in the crapper. Seams like it getts harder and harder every year to go and have fun.

Hope everybody has a safe and great dune season this year. :beercheers:

im on an every other year cycle.. so this year is my year to dune.. i hope there arent very many people out there.. less people to run into me while im rippin up some bitchen sand on the 500 :D

Last year it was fuel prices that kept people from spending more time at the dunes. I think the dunes were quieter than usual in my opinion. So I am just curious if you think it will be even slower this year with the economy in the crapper. Seams like it getts harder and harder every year to go and have fun.

Hope everybody has a safe and great dune season this year. :dayum:

It's easier to deal with the Dam Economy as long as you don't forget the Dam Beer, right ISBB? :beercheers:

Dam Economy, How busy do you think the dunes will be

Well is far as I know the Dam Economy is doing pretty good. Everytime I go to AZ it takes 30 min. to cross the damn Dam. Then with all of the widening of the road on the other side. :dayum: it's a mess.

:blonde: :idea::shake:

Just hoping for the best dune season ever.. :B :beercheers:

I hope the season is another good one. With the so called bad economy it will weed out the duners who only go to party and less riding. I will be happy with the same or less turn out as last year. It made for a relaxing atmosphere. For the people who really want to dune will find a way to carpool together and make the trips more affordable. Hell just use a tent and a few cases of beer your all good. :beercheers:

This last season was the most trips out so far and wish to keep it this way. June and July were the only two months I went with out duning ( was injured) Man August 8th was appreciated. September will be pismo for 4 day and then we have October. Kick off weekend. :dayum:

For all the peeps who are limited on cash. Get on the board and chip in and you will find a few extra trips on your calendar. :idea::shake:

As long as I have fuel and beer I am good to go. Last year we got more fast running than we have in a long time. It was a blast and I hope it repeats its self this season.

Unfortunately no major upgrades to the car this year because unlike some people work is really slow for us this year.

As long as I have fuel and beer I am good to go. Last year we got more fast running than we have in a long time. It was a blast and I hope it repeats its self this season.

Unfortunately no major upgrades to the car this year because unlike some people work is really slow for us this year.

You can forget it i'm going out this year so it'll be busy ! Just my luck :beercheers:

And don't say a word JODI :dayum:

same same

You can forget it i'm going out this year so it'll be busy ! Just my luck :lol:

And don't say a word JODI :blah:

Get outta here :blah::idiot: I will believe it when I see my beer coming :thumb:

The family got lots of seat time last year and with my daughter coming at thanksgiving, were are gonna a have blast this year :idiot::beercheers::dunno:

Had a blast at the night drags and cant wait for opening weekend.

CApt

get a tire buffer chingas and put it on an angle grinder and dress in a Michellin man suit and buff the excess rubber off your rear tires, you might be surprised what 3-4 lbs less off a rotating unsprung mass can do, faster revs = faster acceleration, feels like lots more HP plus will handle big whoops easier. Not many performance improvements you can do that doesn't compromise reliability, and lighter unsprung weight is easier on the drivetrain and suspension components. When you start rolling in dough again you'll never get "a round tuit". Just a thought :beercheers:

:idiot:

Last season was nice.. We were able to ride longer with less traffin in the dunes... :atc:

Im glad our toys are paid for so all I have to pay for is fuel, BEER :beercheers::lol::idiot: and food! If I had toy payments today Id be dead in the water!!! :blah:

So far the quads are ready... Dont need to by anything else for them for now.... The kids gear still fits, The bikes seem to still run, The motorhome is getting a once over at my friends shop and if all goes well I think were set!!

Hope we all have a great and safe season!!

:dunno: :atc:

:blah:

I really hope to make it out there this year, i only made it out for new years half a day (we just moved to vegas 2 days prior) and once this june when it was nice out for another half day. Maybe i will get some weekends off and find me a truck to rent and not the fricken uhaul ford f150 that in the end cost 300 bucks. :beercheers:

I am also very thankful that my raptor is paid for in full. but seeing how its paid for i want a cp piston, cam, +2 TB and a port and polish.....maybe one day when i get full time hours :)

Edited by Raptor0206

I hope to be out there more this year than last. My pick up need somes miles put on it. So most likely will buy the annual pass with holidays included and go out as often as possible, the best way to do it ive found is get some buddies to go with you, we can fit 3 quads on trailer and 1 or 2 in pick up bed, They pay for gas and food since i pay for maintenance in truck and pass, we usually just tent it out. Hope to see every one out there more often.