1st Dumont Sub Group Meeting

wsky70

Pete, since this is the first meeting of the new group i doubt there is an agenda for it other than to set the chairman and other other such positions. We will set up our mission statement and a meeting schedule. I am sure their will be an open forum for anyone to ask questions or bring up new items. Probably some discussion of grant money etc.

Mr. Cheese it is always on our minds to do at least 1 if not 2 Sat. meetings and we will continue to push for those again.

I am still driving down if any one wants a ride.

Terry

Yup yup yup....lots of discussion....not a lot of conclusions but still glad we attended nonetheless. I took some notes on some $$ matters and can post them up if anyone is interested.

And YES Jason, Saturday meeting(s) were discussed and almost got one scheduled as soon as December. BUT some key members could not attend a weekend meeting so it's scheduled for the 2nd Tuesday in Dec. A Sat. meeting will be scheduled for mid-season so more "public" can attend. The DAC is going to meet Dec 11th and the sub-group wants to meet again BEfore that date, however, the 5th was not feasible so they decided on the 8th. Oh well.

All in all, it was worth my time and the drive to and from to attend. The next one will be more Dumont specific since the "elections" and details about what can and cannot be discussed were the main agenda this time around.

Lunch with Mike and Terry following the meeting was icing on the cake. :D

Yup yup yup....lots of discussion....not a lot of conclusions but still glad we attended nonetheless. I took some notes on some $$ matters and can post them up if anyone is interested.

And YES Jason, Saturday meeting(s) were discussed and almost got one scheduled as soon as December. BUT some key members could not attend a weekend meeting so it's scheduled for the 2nd Tuesday in Dec. A Sat. meeting will be scheduled for mid-season so more "public" can attend. The DAC is going to meet Dec 11th and the sub-group wants to meet again BEfore that date, however, the 5th was not feasible so they decided on the 8th. Oh well.

All in all, it was worth my time and the drive to and from to attend. The next one will be more Dumont specific since the "elections" and details about what can and cannot be discussed were the main agenda this time around.

Lunch with Mike and Terry following the meeting was icing on the cake. :D

We are interested :thumbsdown: .

We are interested :thumbsdown: .

Okey dokey then....here goes:

2009 Receipts.....$598,156 (Down about $200,000 compared to 2008)

2008 Carry over...$26,639 (Sweet considering it's not -$26,639)

Available funds= $624,795

2009 Expenditures...$601,871

Balance remaining....$22,924

Of this remaining balance, they estimate it will cost $5,000 to hardwire the generator to the lights at the heli-pad (you know, the one paid for with grant money). This is the TOP priority project because it is a health and safety matter and the season is soon to begin. The sub-group would like at least 1 more estimate before going forward....licensed/certified electricians need to step up! ;) They will also need the contractor throughout the season for emergency repairs and maintenance, so they should be located in close proximity (such as Pahrump).

I cannot completely breakdown the expenditures because of 2 reasons. One, Eleanor is no longer at the Barstow field office and she always did a wonderful job of showing us the budget breakdown. Two, Roxi explained that their new system would not let her do a line for line breakdown (still learning) but she did tell us that aproximately $375,000 went to labor costs and feels that is pretty accurate. Other expenditures include travel but she gave no other $$ amounts. Sorry :(

The Barstow field office received a total of 11 grants including a $150,000 grant for ground operations, however, it will be January before they even begin to spend grant $$$!

In the meantime, those who want to buy a season pass need to get out and buy it this month so you can save $10. Hey, 10 bucks is 10 bucks! :D

Okey dokey then....here goes:

2009 Receipts.....$598,156 (Down about $200,000 compared to 2008)

2008 Carry over...$26,639 (Sweet considering it's not -$26,639)

Available funds= $624,795

2009 Expenditures...$601,871

Balance remaining....$22,924

Of this remaining balance, they estimate it will cost $5,000 to hardwire the generator to the lights at the heli-pad (you know, the one paid for with grant money). This is the TOP priority project because it is a health and safety matter and the season is soon to begin. The sub-group would like at least 1 more estimate before going forward....licensed/certified electricians need to step up! ;) They will also need the contractor throughout the season for emergency repairs and maintenance, so they should be located in close proximity (such as Pahrump).

I cannot completely breakdown the expenditures because of 2 reasons. One, Eleanor is no longer at the Barstow field office and she always did a wonderful job of showing us the budget breakdown. Two, Roxi explained that their new system would not let her do a line for line breakdown (still learning) but she did tell us that aproximately $375,000 went to labor costs and feels that is pretty accurate. Other expenditures include travel but she gave no other $$ amounts. Sorry :(

The Barstow field office received a total of 11 grants including a $150,000 grant for ground operations, however, it will be January before they even begin to spend grant $$$!

In the meantime, those who want to buy a season pass need to get out and buy it this month so you can save $10. Hey, 10 bucks is 10 bucks! :D

:MBdance: Just for the record, her name is Lynnette. ;)

Great report, Kelly. You get an A in my book. :D:thumbsdown:

Off-roading commission to meet Friday in Lake Arrowhead

By Stacia Glenn

Created: 09/24/2009 04:08:12 PM PDT

The Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Commission will hold an interactive workshop Friday in Lake Arrowhead to solicit ideas and discuss off-roading in California.

The 9 a.m. meeting will be held at the Lake Arrowhead Resort, 27984 Highway 189. The public may address commission members with their concerns or feedback.

Agendas can be downloaded at www.ohv.parks.ca.gov. Questions may be directions to the OHMVR Division at (916) 324-3352.