SONOFABITCH!

ash

Okay so I get a call at 4:30pm today from my foreman. He says that someone had crashed into my work trailer and my F250 that was parked in his driveway. My foreman was pretty pissed off and after I calmed him down, I headed that way to see what all the hub bub was about. Well when I show up, this is what I see and to be quite honest, I got pretty pissed off too! It seems that the driver (in his late 70's) fell asleep going down a residential neighborhood road in excess of 50mph. He took out an entire block wall before taking out my foreman's block wall, my work trailer and moving my truck about 15 feet sideways. At what point do you at the DMV office say, I think it's time to take away the driver's license? Not only did he take out all that stuff, he also took out the basketball hoop that was on the sidewalk. I can't even imagine if the kids were outside playing some ball when this happened! Thank God for PS3 and X-box 360 at this point. So without further Adieu:

CIMG2554.jpg

P1020085.jpg

P1020089.jpg

CIMG2537.jpg

P1020084.jpg

CIMG2543.jpg

And just to give you a good idea of how far it moved the truck, it was parked beside the trailer!

Damn Ash. You have all the stories. :laughoff::old:

Sorry to hear that, but glad nobody was hurt.

I see that truck all the time around Hendo.

Hmmm, considering it's SUPPOSED to be a work truck that works at NIGHT :B thanks for the info Pete

Good thing there were no kids out there especially since you are right by the school. I picked up my kids yesterday and saw all the commotion and then when I dropped them off, noticed the cable/phone box knocked over. I didn't even notice your truck. That sucks. Hopefully it all gets fixed quick.

I have to agree with you about the dmv and old people with licenses. A few years ago I was parked (ironically) outside the dmv in Henderson. That was when you could park on Stephanie above the dmv. I had just finished inside and had walked around behind my truck but something in the bed of the truck caught my eye. At that moment I looked back to check traffic on Stephanie so I could get in and had just enough time to jump back on the sidewalk as a 70-something year old man plowed into the back of my truck doing at least 50. He told the cop he thought the truck was moving!!!! How was the truck moving if I was standing behind it???? I couldn't stop shaking for almost 2 hours. I asked the cop if he was going to give the guy a sobriety test and he said he didn't need to because the guy wasn't drunk. So now if I'm out and about, I give older people behind the wheel PLENTY of room.

I know it's not fair to all older people to lump them in with the bad drivers, just like not all young people are bad drivers, but I do believe that when we all get to a certain age we need to be tested on not only our sight, hearing, memory of rules of the road, but maybe also our reflexes.

The police do have a form when they believe a person driving is bad enough that they need to be retested by the dmv they can submit a form. The people, old or young, have to go back to the dmv and take the driving test again. This may not be the best way to get scary people off of the streets, but better than nothing.

:thumbsdown: