I got ROOSTED!

Mike330R

I posted this on GD.com and sandbros.com (forums) but figured you'd all get a kick out of it ;)

Went to the dunes (Glamis, what other dunes are there ;) ) this past weekend for the 2nd annual Sand Cars Unlimited Regatta. I was taking some photo's of the group of cars and had asked DoubleTrouble (from the glamisdunes.com forums) to do a few wheelies in front of the group so I could get an 'action group' shot. After a wheely or 2 going one way, he decides to go the other way. Picture me crouched down in a picture taking position with the camera aimed at where the action is going to be so I can be ready. I hear him coming behind me, leaving the camera in the same position, I turn my head to see him at full throttle coming right at me. I think do I run like a little girl or do I stay and hope for the best. I decide to stay, put my eye back on the camera view finder, and watch DoubleTroubles a$$ end of his car sliding about 4 feet from the tip of my lens. I click the below pic, DT mashes the GO pedal :dunno: , I start to turn away, click another blurry pic, then go into a fetal position to try and protect my camera like a mother protecting her youngin's from a fierce lion. Just as I turn away I proceeded to receive a 600HP sand enema that damn near knocked me over and lasted a good 15-20 seconds. Was it worth the shot? Hell yeah! And the camera is recovering just fine :)

Here is the shot I got:

3385-roost.jpg

And these were taken by Casey from Sand Addiction magazine who was standing a few feet behind me.

Notice the tips of the flags in these pic's. And I am in the middle of this roost:

gettingroosted1.jpg

gettingroosted2.jpg

gettingroosted3.jpg

Here's the 'Action Group shots':

group-roost1.jpg

group-roost.jpg

Great photo Mike! Glad you didn't have enough brain cells to move out of the way, it would have sucked not to see that picture :P

On a side note, I FINALLY picked up my 50D last week, now to get a new lens :B

the last picture looks like he is going to have a hard landing from that wheelie.

That's what I was thinking also.

So in that picture am I seeing the Left rear tire and the motor to the right of that? Too much sand to really make it out. Nice picture glad it wan't my camera though.