Lock up your bikes..

Dune Dad

Be sure to lock your quads, bikes and anything else around camp this season.....

Last year a couple of quads were stolen from camp in the middle of the night.. :beercheers:

Remember the sand is a silent friend to dirt bag :poop: thieves that sneak in to your camp and roll off with your stuff..

Along with taking a tool box, extra parts and things we also have a thick 25' cable with a heavy duty lock that I lock the quads and gas cans up at night with.

:lol: crooks that take other peoples things...

I dont even leave my quad unlocked while Im at vender row. I usually take the key and put a small pad lock on the back sprocket...

:beer_bang:

If they get caught and prosecuted chances are nothing will really happen so you have to be pre-active.

We use cables and Kryptonyte FAGETTA'bout it chains.

Then corral the rides with tow vehicles.

I can almost guarantee you'll get visited in the night in Glamis by thieves.

Dumont it seems to be happening more and more.

And it happens no mater where you camp.

Don't make it easy for them.

They'll take anything and everything.

I also use the Krypto chain to lock everything down. I also bought a 30' 120 decibel lock. Works just like the Kypto chain lock but if someone cuts the wire, the alarm goes off and it is super loud. I also sometimes bring my big male Rot and he sleeps out side. It is sad that a few make it so bad for others that have worked to hard to get what we have.

Edited by ahsumtoy

I also use the Krypto chain to lock everything down. I also bought a 30' 120 decibel lock. Works just like the Kypto chain lock but if someone cuts the wire, the alarm goes off and it is super loud. I also sometimes bring my big male Rot and he sleeps out side. It is sad that a few make it so bad for others that have worked to hard to get what we have.

that sounds good where did you get your cable? and how much did it cost you? We usually take two rotties too, male and female. They are good watch dogs but extra security never hurts.

that sounds good where did you get your cable? and how much did it cost you? We usually take two rotties too, male and female. They are good watch dogs but extra security never hurts.

I'm at work but when I get home, I will check where I got it and how much it cost me. It's really loud and works great. You put a key in and turn it which puts it in the noise mode (there's a test mode that allows you to actually hear it). Wind and such won't set it off but it needs to be cut to get at your toys, and once a bolt cutter or anything else starts to penetrate it, the alarm goes off.

I'm at work but when I get home, I will check where I got it and how much it cost me. It's really loud and works great. You put a key in and turn it which puts it in the noise mode (there's a test mode that allows you to actually hear it). Wind and such won't set it off but it needs to be cut to get at your toys, and once a bolt cutter or anything else starts to penetrate it, the alarm goes off.

cool thanks :beercheers:

Wow!

I would like to know where to get those kind of locks also!! :beercheers:

iI had a slow day at work .......I found it is not 30'.. try this link see if it works.......

aerostich.com the cable lock is 8' for $27.00

if you find them longer let me know i will like to buy some for my quads....

I also gots me one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Indian-moto...=item45ee990a5c

I use it on my rails disc brakes, fits right in the disk holes and won't allow it to roll and also alarms if someone tries to cut the cable and roll it.

BTW, that is a smokin deal on that auction link....I believe I paid like 60.00 or more at carter PS

Edited by dune_rat

Andy

what size fits your buggy?

Paul, mine says XENA XR1 and it says the pin is a 7mm locking pin, and I was wrong on the price...I just found the box it came in and the price was 79.95 :ah: but thats still alot cheaper than a new buggy :headbang1:

Edited by dune_rat