FIRST TIMER

MISSOURI BOY 74

HEY FIRST TIME ON SITE FIRST TIME GOING TO DUMONT. MY SON AND I ARE COMING OUT TO CA NOV 20-NOV 29 CAN ANYBODY TELL ME THE BEST PLACE TO CAMP , OR ANY INFO I MIGHT NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DUMONT. DO THEY CHECK EVERY QUAD TO SEE IF YOU HAVE A SPARK ARESTER?

I have never been checked, but I know once in a BLUE MOON (like someone being a jerk to a ranger) they have checked, so I would not worry about it. Camping, that is up to you and what I mean by that is the flats (camping area) are wide open and you can camp where you want. If you do not have a motorhome or something with a bathroom, you might want to camp within walking distance of one and there are a bunch.

Here are some good map links of the dunes and bathrooms

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/maps.html

HEY FIRST TIME ON SITE FIRST TIME GOING TO DUMONT. MY SON AND I ARE COMING OUT TO CA NOV 20-NOV 29 CAN ANYBODY TELL ME THE BEST PLACE TO CAMP , OR ANY INFO I MIGHT NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DUMONT. DO THEY CHECK EVERY QUAD TO SEE IF YOU HAVE A SPARK ARESTER?

I have always camped next to Bathroom 6 next to the finger dune, pretty easy to access the dunes from camp in that location plus if you have small kids, they can play around on the side of the finger dunes next to camp. It is California law that your ATV should have a spark arrestor, though ive ridden out there all the time without one, but always carry it just in case so i can put it in. Remember to buy your pass either from one of the vendors on the site, or you can stop at the Valero gas station in Baker and pick one up there. BRING YOUR OWN TOILET PAPER also for the bathrooms, to many times ive seen some dumb :beercheers: urinate all over the rolls. Also, most importantly, BE SAFE and what ever trash you bring out , pack it out and throw it away at home. See ya in the dunes :drunks: :peeps: :headspin:

Welcome to the site, you found the right one. :headspin:

You will see once you get up the hill after going through the paystation that you can camp anywhere you want. Just know that the closer you get to the dunes, the softer it gets and you can get stuck, even if you just stop to say goodbye to everyone in camp, proceed to leave, then get stuck 20' away with everyone watching. :dope::laughoff:

Have fun in the sand and stop if you see any DDR stickers and introduce yourself. :beercheers:

Welcome to the site, you found the right one. :headspin:

You will see once you get up the hill after going through the paystation that you can camp anywhere you want. Just know that the closer you get to the dunes, the softer it gets and you can get stuck, even if you just stop to say goodbye to everyone in camp, proceed to leave, then get stuck 20' away with everyone watching. :dope::laughoff:

Have fun in the sand and stop if you see any DDR stickers and introduce yourself. :beercheers:

But at least when you get stuck close to camp, MOST times folks will help you out.. 100% of time if its near a DDR camp

welcome to the site

the trick to staying away from the rangers is simple. have a flag and dont do anything blatantly stupid such as fly through the camp area going way too fast or ride with no helmet and they wont harass you. a spark arrestor is technically nessicary but 99% of the time the law wont be not enforced. as far as camping, if your son is younger you might want to park farther away from the sand in the less busy areas for added safety and less people being reckless near your camp. good luck, enjoy like we all do :banghead: