Picked up the pull rig.........

MAXDOUT

Since no one was buying my 5th wheel, and I sold the truck that pulled it. I went ahead and picked up another truck to get my azz out to Dumont. I hope these Cummin's are as good as everyone say's...................we'll see. I love the Megacab, not crazy about the bed size though. Oh well, should be a good truck. Now I gotta get one of those automatic slider hitch, some towing mirror's, and AMP Board steps.

post-448-1256743574_thumb.jpg

post-448-1256743628_thumb.jpg

post-448-1256743672_thumb.jpg

Edited by MAXDOUT

you can find good tow mirrors on ebay.... stock towmirrors or aftermarket tow mirrors that look like stock

i did it to my d-max...freekin local dealer wanted almost 8 bills for the elephant ears tow mirrors. I found them on ebay (aftermarket), with the same features exept the blinker in the mirror, for less than 200 bucks shipped...ive had them about a year and would do it again

what year is that an o7?

here are some for 237 shipped

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksi...-All-Categories

you can find good tow mirrors on ebay.... stock towmirrors or aftermarket tow mirrors that look like stock

i did it to my d-max...freekin local dealer wanted almost 8 bills for the elephant ears tow mirrors. I found them on ebay (aftermarket), with the same features exept the blinker in the mirror, for less than 200 bucks shipped...ive had them about a year and would do it again

what year is that an o7?

here are some for 237 shipped

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksi...-All-Categories

It's a 2006, I put aftermarket mirror's on my F350 and the glass shook horribly. I think I am going to go with the OEM mirrors.

nice truck tyler, thats what i tow with no problems is it the 6.7?

looks like the fairfield site? in the background, i just finished caulking the pool deck there last week.

Not the 6.7. I heard the 5.9 is better, so I went with that one. Now, I need to add the air intake, exhaust and programmer. And yes it's the fairfield site off Sunset. My Fairfield site off of Farm and 95 is near complete (December)....so the Lead Super that was here didn't know what he was doing!!!! Fairfield fired him and moved me to take over this site and clean up the mess. I will be hear for another year or so. :banghead:

Looks like you got your 37's!!!!! woohoo. Nice truck. If they would make that megacab with a real bed it would be the ultimate truck.

I needed 37's so I bought them attached to a truck. I know a guy here in town with a Megacab longbed conversion on 38's. :idea: It is awesome!!!!

what gear ratio is in it??

i run the 5.9 ho i love it. i got the amp steps too. i put 4:10s oem out of the powerwagon running 38s. my truck pulls very well. the 3:70s that came in it with big tires were too far overdriven added 4:10s and it was perfect.

Nice truck. I've got a 2005 I bought new that has been real good to me. You made the right choice going with the 5.9.

My only concern would be the extra strain on the transmission from those huge tires. Towing they will kill your fuel mileage. A friend of mine has a 2006 Ram lifted with huge tires and he gets about 6 mpg while I can get 10-11 out of my stock truck. I also leave his a$$ in the dust on the hills. We are both towing trailers that are about the same weight. If the truck has been re-geared you should be just fine.

Nice truck. I've got a 2005 I bought new that has been real good to me. You made the right choice going with the 5.9.

My only concern would be the extra strain on the transmission from those huge tires. Towing they will kill your fuel mileage. A friend of mine has a 2006 Ram lifted with huge tires and he gets about 6 mpg while I can get 10-11 out of my stock truck. I also leave his a$$ in the dust on the hills. We are both towing trailers that are about the same weight. If the truck has been re-geared you should be just fine.

True. 37's are a bit much for 373's if you tow a big a$$ trailer. I went back down to 33's. It doesn't look as good but it's way easier on my rig.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet truck. Searched high and low for my mirrors and grabbed a set on Craigslist in town. If your headed towards Cali found an okay priced pair if they are heated and power. Got mine for $200 and one tagged the garage door lightly. Good luck.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/1471816706.html