Dispelling Myths

Doghouse

1) I had a triple bypass heart surgery - No not me, strong as an ox

2) I took over my dad's business and made Doghouse what it is - No, I started Doghouse blah blah blah

3) My sons come out & run the trlr when I am sick - No, but I wish

4) I sold Wrinkles - No, I sold Tiger. Wrinkles is my Dumont buddy

5) I'll process credit cards for purchases you want to make elsewhere AND I'll give cash back AND I'm an ATM - NO, No & No. Buy it from me and you can charge the cost for $2 more. That's it.

6) Walking around vendors trlrs/rigs when ALL THE DOORS ARE CLOSED yelling HELLO will get you a positive response. No, leave us vendors alone when we are closed. Many things are going on behind those closed doors that aren't meant to be seen by the general public! Imagine all the things YOU do behind closed doors.

7) Vendors want to see how fast you can drive on vendor row - No, but thanks for the dust, we're constantly cleaning our products and windows and counters.

I had a great Halloween and it was great seeing as many visitors to Dumont as we had this weekend. Kudos to the apparent swing in the economy. Thanks to BLM for grading the road so I could comfortably do 17mph in and out.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b*tch and complain about POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS and see what that does for your business. GOOD IDEA!!!!!!!

:banghead::banghead::clap: thats all i herd from his statement...lol :angry2:

i had my motor break a head bolt...only one...he had it..but wouldn't sell me just one.. he wanted to sell me all 16 for the low price of 139.00 and a head gasket for 70.00...

well...the vendor next door...he hooked me up really good...

1.00 for the head bolt and 3.00 for the head gasket..he got me going again...thanks to for the guy next door.

saved my weekend.

for the other guy :banghead:

same here... Always check Phil 1st for parts and work my way around... He has always been fair...

If I dont like the cost of something out there then I would weigh the cost of driving back to Pahrump or to town... Cheaper to buy out there... It always pays to shop around

Capt

I agree with Bob, Phil has always treated me right too. Sure prices might be a little more at the dunes but it's a hell of a lot better then driving back into town. Go to Sweet Maries in Glamis and see their prices!!! :banghead:

Any of you guys that complain should first consider: the man has thousands of dollars in inventory that he's bringing out to the dunes so that he can sit out in his trailer all day (NOT BEING ABLE TO RIDE PROBABLY AT ALL) so he can make a living. Try driving to Pahrump to get your parts, if they have them. I've always gotten excellent advice and excellent service from him. I bet you probably complain about the price of a beer at the ballpark, too. Just trying to get people to look at the other side of the coin.

He ahs always done me right not to mention he has been there almost every time I go out there!! Its not like its a maybe he will be there you can pretty much gaurantee it ! sometimes piece of mind is pricelees!

Im with Mr.B He is dependable and if he says he will be there his word is gold, he has been very fair with me and always helps me out with questions I may have, I would not want to break up a set of anything for one bolt if I was in his position then how would you sell the rest you wouldnt not for awhile ..so Im saying to the Phil at Doghouse with all the knowledge, and always has what you need keep doing what your doing your doing something right to out there so many years! :yiah:

Edited by GrooveeDawgs

Phil saved two of my weekends before he had the trailer out at Dumont. Drove out to his place in Pahrump and he had the parts I needed (and knowledge of what part I needed) to get me back up and running. When home is 5 hours from Dumont.....having a weekend saved is priceless!

i told you , quit moving around so much and bring some lube, but you wouldn't listen!

OMG!...... LMFAO!

We are new to Dumont (halloween was our 1st trip)

So i Dont know who this doghouse vendor is...

but with comedic sense like THAT....

i'd gladly hand over my husbands $$$ .....LOL

and the guy complaining should :old::beercheers:

-Crystaline

now that was funny . but when you can go to the next door to where your at and get the lube alot cheaper i will take my :old: with a smile

Well if your lucky enough to have those other ppl there when you need them then I guess you are right.... what happens when they are not there on an off weekend? guess a Pahrump drive is in order..... sense you wouldnt buy from Phil?

Or would you suck it up and buy it as to not mess up your weekend?

Capt

Well if your lucky enough to have those other ppl there when you need them then I guess you are right.... what happens when they are not there on an off weekend? guess a Pahrump drive is in order..... sense you wouldnt buy from Phil?

Or would you suck it up and buy it as to not mess up your weekend?

Capt

well iam a quad guy now until the rail is done. so when i go out i bring extra part and yes even a extra motor i have a full work shop and all the oil i need i stay for weeks at a time and i dont mind a nice drive to the big city to get more food and stuff. how is it you guy like to be raped and tell every one you liked it

Edited by turbo_bruce