Dispelling Myths

Doghouse

well iam a quad guy now until the rail is done. so when i go out i bring extra part and yes even a extra motor i have a full work shop and all the oil i need i stay for weeks at a time and i dont mind a nice drive to the big city to get more food and stuff. how is you guy like to be raped and tell every one you liked it

You think he is expensive for quads?? wait till you start buying rail parts out there lol... you havnt seen anything yet... as for Raped?? nah I just look at it as a convenience tax :clap::clap:

I got royally screwed by a vendor out there on a cv last season and also lied to about it..... Doghouse would have been cheaper... That other vendor is almost parked right next to Doghouse and I refuse to buy from him ever again.. but like I said if your fun time isnt worth anything and you like to drive for parts if you dont have and then I guess that would be your thing... but if I was to drive into town for a cv it would have cost me about the same for the part and gas.. but what is my sand time Worth? Money well spend in my case..

Capt

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i was the vendor right next to phil on Halloween, first i didnt sell a head bolt! my oil is same price, i didnt sell any cv's or lie about them, Phil knows his vw stuff, in fact i dont even sell any of the vw parts i have when he is there.. his parts are not much higher then a in town store, BLM does not allow us to come out to vend for free, its actually rather costly, so of course there is a mark up!! i hate the phrase what else are you gonna do, drive into town!! i know phil, he is just trying to make a living, if he didnt care about what he does, he wouldn't give virtually everyone step by step instructions on how to install the parts he sells!!!! and DOESN'T charge a penny for it. Im not gonna argue with anyone, i just hope that if you are unhappy with the cost of services that phil or me (chris) offer, maybe look at the cost it takes to be a vendor!!

well i was the vendor right next to phil on Halloween, first i didnt sell a head bolt! my oil is same price, i didnt sell any cv's or lie about them, Phil knows his vw stuff, in fact i dont even sell any of the vw parts i have when he is there.. his parts are not much higher then a in town store, BLM does not allow us to come out to vend for free, its actually rather costly, so of course there is a mark up!! i hate the phrase what else are you gonna do, drive into town!! i know phil, he is just trying to make a living, if he didnt care about what he does, he wouldn't give virtually everyone step by step instructions on how to install the parts he sells!!!! and DOESN'T charge a penny for it. Im not gonna argue with anyone, i just hope that if you are unhappy with the cost of services that phil or me (chris) offer, maybe look at the cost it takes to be a vendor!!

:laughing:

I've never had a problem with either of you guys...Chris, thanks for the atc 70 spark plug on Halloween weekend and my tranny mount that you made last season is still holdin up, thanks

sorry :beercheers:

.......Now back to Phils regularly scheduled thread

Edited by dune_rat

It wasnt you that I bought a cv from... unless you smoke cigars... then well that was last season... It was the Night of Steves wifes birthday and I was told that Phil was in bed and not to bother him but.. he had a cv and it wasnt cheap... but he had it... and then tried to charge me 15 bucks for the little package of grease that came with the pack lol

Whatever... its only money

CApt

It wasnt you that I bought a cv from... unless you smoke cigars... then well that was last season... It was the Night of Steves wifes birthday and I was told that Phil was in bed and not to bother him but.. he had a cv and it wasnt cheap... but he had it... and then tried to charge me 15 bucks for the little package of grease that came with the pack lol

Whatever... its only money

CApt

hey, I remember that night and the cv! that's funny, all that activity going on and I remember that one thing. guess I'm not so old after all, since I still have my memory. Chris, now that the cigar was mentioned we both know who it was that got him, so you can calm down. We see the little guy again that banged on your door for the starter. :dope::laughing:

And by the way you owe me $3 for that tab you welded on that guys hitch! give it to me or I'll bang you on the head with a hammer! :beercheers:

hey, I remember that night and the cv! that's funny, all that activity going on and I remember that one thing. guess I'm not so old after all, since I still have my memory. Chris, now that the cigar was mentioned we both know who it was that got him, so you can calm down. We see the little guy again that banged on your door for the starter. :laughoff::dope:

And by the way you owe me $3 for that tab you welded on that guys hitch! give it to me or I'll bang you on the head with a hammer! :laughing:

lmfao... phil can you take a payment plan on that tab!!! maybe a buck a month :beercheers:

I agree with Bob, Phil has always treated me right too. Sure prices might be a little more at the dunes but it's a hell of a lot better then driving back into town. Go to Sweet Maries in Glamis and see their prices!!! :beercheers:

Whoever thought this day would come?????

doghouse has always treated me well. for all of you that b#@# about the cost of parts in the dunes, think about this, its a business with overhead its not a free spot in the dirt for the vendors to sale overpriced parts. Venodor fees, fuel, TAXES, shall i go on! if you dont like paying the extra(convenience) cost, get a bigger trailer and take your own parts!!

Yea Turbo Bruce said he is gonna bring everything mabye he wont have any mark up :headbang1:

Hope he bring enough parts for me also.... I will give him exactly what he paid and as fellow dunner he wont mind covering taxes,gas and his time of tracking it down

I likee that Idea

Capt

Yea Turbo Bruce said he is gonna bring everything mabye he wont have any mark up :headbang1:

i have helped out plenty of people out there and have giving parts at no cost just this last trip ron from the old monster rail needed a cable for his banshee i gave it to him. and some one els needed a sprocket i gave it to him do you think all the venders out there are not making alot of $$$ . it is there job to make $$$ they would not be there if the $$was not good but just be fair . so you have to pay a few bucks to get there its not like its not made back 10 full. and yes i bring what i need and some

Hey partner I have been on vender row for A year now and it looks a lot easier than it really is ,that is cool you helped out with parts for others I have done the same countless times but it is nice to have the option to be able to get a part from Chris or Phil if you need it i dont know what you do for a living but you do it for A profit correct that is all anyone at venders does .

Hey partner I have been on vender row for A year now and it looks a lot easier than it really is ,that is cool you helped out with parts for others I have done the same countless times but it is nice to have the option to be able to get a part from Chris or Phil if you need it i dont know what you do for a living but you do it for A profit correct that is all anyone at venders does .

y do you think i dont want a vender to make a profit i do like seeing the venders there and making a profit but be fair dont take advantage of some one just because you can as far as chris i dont see him taking advantage of people just out there working for a fair price. so what do you sell on the row??

what would be a fair markup for you, your average dealer marks up ouver 100% and thats in your local town venders buy a lot of parts but not massive amounts to be able to sell like your local buggy shop if you look at all the cost involved you might feel different :beercheers: I sell bbq with Al hope our markup is not too much were just tryn to bring out the best food we possibly can

Edited by CampIdiot

what would be a fair markup for you, your average dealer marks up ouver 100% and thats in your local town venders buy a lot of parts but not massive amounts to be able to sell like your local buggy shop if you look at all the cost involved you might feel different :beercheers: I sell bbq with Al hope our markup is not too much were just tryn to bring out the best food we possibly can

[/quot the mark up at a dealer ship and most shops is 40% above cost i have been a parts and service manager at a suzuki dealership . hhmmm bbQ you have got some of my $$

hey, I remember that night and the cv! that's funny, all that activity going on and I remember that one thing. guess I'm not so old after all, since I still have my memory. Chris, now that the cigar was mentioned we both know who it was that got him, so you can calm down. We see the little guy again that banged on your door for the starter. :laughoff::laughoff:

And by the way you owe me $3 for that tab you welded on that guys hitch! give it to me or I'll bang you on the head with a hammer! :laughoff:

and if you remember phil wasnt asleep either those guys flat out lied about it !! i think phill was at the party or somthing.

I agree with Bob, Phil has always treated me right too. Sure prices might be a little more at the dunes but it's a hell of a lot better then driving back into town. Go to Sweet Maries in Glamis and see their prices!!!

:kissass: ya ding dong bob is your freind !!! :beercheers:

Edited by barefoot bob

and if you remember phil wasnt asleep either those guys flat out lied about it !! i think phill was at the party or somthing.

:lol: ya ding dong bob is your freind !!! :beercheers:

I was at Tammy's party and they knew it because Mikey and I were standing by the fire talking and then he left to go back to his trlr and then they sold the cv.

Oh well.

I'm sure I made up the lost 10% profit on someone else THAT WAS HAPPY TO PAY ME 'CAUSE I HAD THE PART they needed. :headspin: :ban-split::laughing:

well that must be why you were and now are not.let me guess the dealer is now out of buisness,been working at dealerships last 15 years and most of your markups are well over 40%

well LA honda suzuki is still going strong there in ingelwood and have been there for years. wow 15 year and your still not at top pay and have to make the diff up out at dumont with your bbq well next time i will have to give you a biger tip

not to get in a pissing match with you but i make enough money not not be rollin a quad,and i am helping out a friend with his buisness venture but hey any time you feel like talking come on by i will be there tonight and we can discuss this over a beer and a sandwich - my treat. :beercheers:

Edited by CampIdiot

not to get in a pissing match with you but i make enough money not not be rollin a quad,and i am helping out a friend with his buisness venture but hey any time you feel like talking come on by i will be there tonight and we can discuss this over a beer and a sandwich - my treat. :beercheers:

:ban-split: :B

Capt