trash on sunday morning

derek

:flipoff: i know everybody is tired of the trash left at the hill but sunday was one of the biggest messes i have ever seen. thanks to some of the people out on sunday morning picking up the bottles and cans. i was out there in my teryx and filled up 2 big trash bags and a trash can in less than an hour, and had no more room for the junk. if anybody knows the people that had their trailers at the drag hill by comp, give me their adress so i can return their half burned dresser and their 100 modelo cans to their front yard. sorry for rambling but dumont will be closed for this. i know everybody on this site respects dumont. many people rode by looking at me like i was crazy for picking up trash. again, thanks to those who did their part.

,derek

Derek you rock dude

Thank you for helping out.. Its not the folks on here that would leave the trash I can tell you that.

Its a select few that are the a$$ hats that do that sh*t....

again thanks for helping out, mucho appreciated!!!!!

:thumb::ninja::flipoff:

BTW welcome to DDR, stick around you will see its a bunch that do care about the dunes!~!

Thanks bro for the good cause you did its greatly appreciated :beerpint: ..like white rhino said its not the member that are here,its the other matha fr's that don't give a fack about our dunes....you rock man and welcome :DDRrocks::DDRrocks::DDRrocks::DDRrocks:

I'm on vendor row, and for some reason, quite a few of the riders dropped drink cups, wrappings and misc garbage around my sunglass trailer all weekend long. After picking up at the end of each day, We spent an extra 10 minutes after hooking up Sunday policing the area around our site and picking up even more crap.

I realize there aren't garbage cans out there, but please ask us and we'll take the wrappers and stuff off your hands as we have garbage bags in the trailer.

:beerpint: i know everybody is tired of the trash left at the hill but sunday was one of the biggest messes i have ever seen. thanks to some of the people out on sunday morning picking up the bottles and cans. i was out there in my teryx and filled up 2 big trash bags and a trash can in less than an hour, and had no more room for the junk. if anybody knows the people that had their trailers at the drag hill by comp, give me their adress so i can return their half burned dresser and their 100 modelo cans to their front yard. sorry for rambling but dumont will be closed for this. i know everybody on this site respects dumont. many people rode by looking at me like i was crazy for picking up trash. again, thanks to those who did their part.

,derek

Great Idea. Almost be worth it even if they lived in CA. Pulling up and dumping in there yard. And polity say, " Here you forgot the at Dumont and some people were nice enough to let me know where you live so I could return it.

OH! no no sir no need to thank me, I'm just doing my part to keep Dumont clean and REMIND AZZHOLE LIKE YOU TO PACK IT OUT. :DDRrocks:

:DDRrocks: i know everybody is tired of the trash left at the hill but sunday was one of the biggest messes i have ever seen. thanks to some of the people out on sunday morning picking up the bottles and cans. i was out there in my teryx and filled up 2 big trash bags and a trash can in less than an hour, and had no more room for the junk. if anybody knows the people that had their trailers at the drag hill by comp, give me their adress so i can return their half burned dresser and their 100 modelo cans to their front yard. sorry for rambling but dumont will be closed for this. i know everybody on this site respects dumont. many people rode by looking at me like i was crazy for picking up trash. again, thanks to those who did their part.

,derek

Saw the trash on Saturday at Comp Hill. The worst I remember seeing! What alarms me is the increase of glass bottles that I have seen in the last few trips.

ENFORCEMENT????

Also to throw this in. On day trips I visit the facilities. For the first time in several years there was no T.P. in BR 10 and this was Halloween Weekend mid day Saturday!!!! :( Thank gawd I didn't need any that time!!! :DDRrocks::beerpint:

it's not only at Comp. The camp next to us (along first finger dune)left trash all over when they left sunday morning! It comes down to respect for the dunes and others. This camp was out of control all weekend. So why would anyone think they would have respect for our dunes! Over the years of duning i have been in serveral altercations over asking people to pick up trash(bottles) at comp hill, so much so that we now sit on the small dune at the back of comp and watch from a distance. These people will just move on to another location if dumont is closed! They dont care and will never care and they are raising thier children to do the same! Watched kids at north pole throw trash on the ground and the parents didnt say anything!

ok, off my soap box!

Thanks to all the GREAT camps that welcomed our kids and passed out candy, it was awesome!

it's not only at Comp. The camp next to us (along first finger dune)left trash all over when they left sunday morning! It comes down to respect for the dunes and others. This camp was out of control all weekend. So why would anyone think they would have respect for our dunes! Over the years of duning i have been in serveral altercations over asking people to pick up trash(bottles) at comp hill, so much so that we now sit on the small dune at the back of comp and watch from a distance. These people will just move on to another location if dumont is closed! They dont care and will never care and they are raising thier children to do the same! Watched kids at north pole throw trash on the ground and the parents didnt say anything!

ok, off my soap box!

Thanks to all the GREAT camps that welcomed our kids and passed out candy, it was awesome!

Some people dont have the respect that others have for a place that good people love to hang out.

I got an extra couple of trash bags from some pukes :flatbiller: camping next to us sunday...

On the way out I went by the Ranger/Sheriff station and gave the 2 truck and trailer plates to the Blm... :P

They will be cited via U.S. Mail... And yes I will go to court on it.... Its not that a couple of things were blowen out of their camp it was the whole weekends trash!!!

Edited by Dune Family

:worthless_without_pics: i know everybody is tired of the trash left at the hill but sunday was one of the biggest messes i have ever seen. thanks to some of the people out on sunday morning picking up the bottles and cans. i was out there in my teryx and filled up 2 big trash bags and a trash can in less than an hour, and had no more room for the junk. if anybody knows the people that had their trailers at the drag hill by comp, give me their adress so i can return their half burned dresser and their 100 modelo cans to their front yard. sorry for rambling but dumont will be closed for this. i know everybody on this site respects dumont. many people rode by looking at me like i was crazy for picking up trash. again, thanks to those who did their part.

,derek

i think your talking about banshee hill. i picked some junk up over there too on sunday morning.

:laughing::assblast:

Saw the trash on Saturday at Comp Hill. The worst I remember seeing! What alarms me is the increase of glass bottles that I have seen in the last few trips.

ENFORCEMENT????

i guess there was a dude in my camp only drinks corona and he had a bottle and got a ticket for like 125$. i didnt see him drinking it but appearantly the rangers did. so they were doing their best it seemed to me

:rockwoot: I did the same thing last year but as I went to the Rangers I seen the truck and trailer about half way down the road and the ranger chased him down made him turn around and pick it up as the piece of :poop: drove by me :old: so on his way back by I gave him a friendly :beercheers: and said go to that other place

I got an extra couple of trash bags from some pukes :flatbiller: camping next to us sunday...

On the way out I went by the Ranger/Sheriff station and gave the 2 truck and trailer plates to the Blm... :P

They will be cited via U.S. Mail... And yes I will go to court on it.... Its not that a couple of things were blowen out of their camp it was the whole weekends trash!!!

It takes no time at all to pick up your own trash and the general upkeep of the campsite in general if you just keep a trashbag handy and always ready by the time your time at dumont is up you dont really have to spend a whole lotta time picking it up just wanted to say thanks to everyone that I camped with everyone was doing the same by the time I was leaving the whole camp looked pretty clean in general :D

Broken ez-up frames :old:

Saw the camp loading up, came by later and the ez-up and trash was left...it was a bunch of :blury: from Cali :beercheers:

Thats cool you picked up the broken ez up frame. :rockwoot: Most people just b*tch and complain about it and dont make the effort.

ENFORCEMENT????

Also to throw this in. On day trips I visit the facilities. For the first time in several years there was no T.P. in BR 10 and this was Halloween Weekend mid day Saturday!!!! :( Thank gawd I didn't need any that time!!! :beercheers::old:

Bathroom 6 and 3 also had zero tp.

Thank god for baby wipes.

i think we should have more than one clean up weekend. even if the dumpsters dont come out everyone can just throw it away at home. just like derek said this is another reason they will close down dumont. who cares about the flowers and lizards when the tree huggers see all the trash every where take a few pics show a judge or whoever can shut it down and they say look how well they treat this place and dumont will be gone.

im just saying it will be way easier to have 2 or 3 clean up weekends than to have to try to get dumont back after its closed. just my :beercheers:

Edited by 90+ PLUS

i think we should have more than one clean up weekend. even if the dumpsters dont come out everyone can just throw it away at home. just like derek said this is another reason they will close down dumont. who cares about the flowers and lizards when the tree huggers see all the trash every where take a few pics show a judge or whoever can shut it down and they say look how well they treat this place and dumont will be gone.

im just saying it will be way easier to have 2 or 3 clean up weekends than to have to try to get dumont back after its closed. just my :beercheers:

Edited by Mr.B DS650

Set it up and I will be glad to help clean up trash. Actually with the help that each of us try to do when we are out there the dunes for the most part are not as bad as they used to be. The clean up in March used to get 2x 40 yard dumpsters packed. Last 2 have been 1 and a half. Not saying it's good that theres less trash just that some people are beginning to see the light and help keep it clean during the season. I know at Glamis they have several small clean ups during the year. I think an informal clean up should happen each time we go to the dunes. if anybody wants to pick up a bag of trash at the poker run and take it home with them it would show BLM what good duners do to keep the place open.

It always amazes me about the trash issue. Our group lives far away and we LOVE coming to Dumont because of the cleaner dunes and good people. But we are seeing more and more trash. Why do people leave their trash in piles when they leave? Maybe they are unaware that nobody picks that up for them and there needs to be a large(billboard) sign that also indicates the fine amounts for leaving trash have glass etc. Maybe we should start taking pictures and license plates! :beercheers: We always "patrol" our area after we are all loaded to leave it really isn't that hard! We always take a more than ours. On another note I believe I have your ease up canvas or someones. Ha Ha Since we live in central Ca. I would also be willing to "drop off" some bags to rightful owners on our way if need be. I wished we lived closer to participate in more clean ups. Just wanted to chime in on this its just a pet peave of mine because we LOVE Dumont so much!!