Polaris 250 Trailerblazer Mods

DunaticSuzyQ

Well with dune season here, =D> we bought a 2006 Polaris 250 Trailerblazer for our daughter. Took it out last weekend to Dumont and it's a little weak in the dunes (hard pack and flats are fine.)

Definately needs a mod and the only pipe I can find for it is a FMF Fatty. Has anyone done mods to their 250 to open this 2 stroke up? What jet would I need to use if I added the Fatty? Also, the manual says it has an "Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) which we should not attempt to modify" -- is the same as the TORS we weren't supposed to mod on a Banshee? We don't do usually do a lot of mods, want to keep 'em reliable, but we would like to see the bike do a little better.

Any insights would be great -- I would hate to have to turn around and sell this bike in search of the 400 before Thanksgiving at Glamis! Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately that pipe and a higher flow aircleaner are about all that are available for that bike. Those bikes are known for extremely bad top ends from the factory too. Bike is grossly underpowered and heavy.

I wouldn't put a dime in it. Had an 04 in my stable years ago :worthless_without_pics:

• 3 weeks later...

we had a 250 for a few years. a real dog in the sand. sold it and found a scrambler 400 4x4 that needed work cheap. great for my wife. climbs any dune and is pretty fast. she has never gotten stuck. i wouldnt waste any money upgrading the trailblazer.

Sorry to hear that so many folks had bad luck with their Trailblazers. I bought two 01's for the kids and they had many many enjoyable hours on them. They were heavy but with that weight came reliablity and dependability. Those steel running boards were nice when the boys started emulating the Metal Mulisha and couldn't keep their butts on the seats! Made for some safe landings of unsafe launches.

Starting out on big, tall, and heavy Trailblazers made for a smooth transition straight to the DS650's. They are now quite good riders if I don't say so myself.

Back to your power issues... they are heavy and underpowered for the sand but get ahold of Ritter Cycle Racing. They have an all in one package for the 250 Trailblazer that made a night and day difference. If I remember correctly it was around $280 to the front door. Included a tuned pipe, clutch springs, clutch weights, jets, and very simple and easy to follow instructions. What was a slow to the top end crawl turned into a wheelie popping helluva fun ride. Didn't affect the reliability a bit. $$$ well spent in my opinion.

Having said all of that, the HO 400 Scrambler is about the same size and stance as the Trailblazer, with tons more power. Trailblazers do hold their resale value as they are a great beginers or wife/girlfriends bike.

Edited by aceisback