campin by the bluffs

jackxclan

Got a question I been thinkin about campin out by the bluffs behind vendors this year at our X mas trip. Any input pros. n cons of campin out there? I know its a trek to the dunes but my wife dosnt like the big dunes anyway so maybe she could cruze the little stuff down south.

Several factors:

We've camped there for years.

The worst thing was moving Vendors row to it's present spot.

Bad, bad idea.

It murdered camping for many and has pushed folks further out and created much more traffic in that area.

The nice thing prior to the Vendors row move was that you camped outta the dust belt, so the BLM simply moved the dust belt over.

Seems when the Category 1 and 2 winds hit from the NorthWest, campers there may get hit by more rocks and gravel along that area.

All depends on the direction of the winds and intensity.

Also, more rocks on the ground that may tear up your tires.

Thieves are very active there, lock everything up, and complicate your stuff to make it even harder to rip off if they do get through your security measures.

I love hearing from people that they never heard of any thefts there.

Happens all the time.

We always park there unless it's a off weekend. When vendors row moved over there we just moved down farther. If your out far enough you don't get as much of the dust and traffic. Good thing is you get to sit out and watch all the traffic comming and going and a great view of the valley out there as well as the dunes.

If you have animals though keep them in at night. Down below the bluffs there are Coyotes. Sometimes you can here them, the farther out you go the closer you are to their den.

we always park on the other side of venders,we go left at the top of the hill. never had anything messed with but we do lock up everything but the fire wood :headbang1: .we park there so the kids can ride around camp without any issues,and usually quieter at night.

We always park there unless it's a off weekend. When vendors row moved over there we just moved down farther. If your out far enough you don't get as much of the dust and traffic. Good thing is you get to sit out and watch all the traffic comming and going and a great view of the valley out there as well as the dunes.

If you have animals though keep them in at night. Down below the bluffs there are Coyotes. Sometimes you can here them, the farther out you go the closer you are to their den.

Thats kinna what I thought, nice drink and watch the sun go down. We pull in X mas night and stay 2-3-4 days till it gets busy and then head for Spangler fro New Years. I am lock crazy wherever we are anyway.

If you all move to the bluffs you will chase me away from my home turf, been there for years.I had peace there until some yahoo flew up a closed trail and ran into my trailer last year.

Sounds like you needed some caution tape :headbang1: