Potable water in Baker ?

lakecitydan

How is the water? smell, taste bad, stuff floatin in it?

I was wodering that too :mischevious:

The water at the Valero is labeled not potable, but its regular city tap water. Smelled normal and seemed clear. Can't speak for taste, we take bottled for that.

The water at the Valero is labeled not potable, but its regular city tap water. Smelled normal and seemed clear. Can't speak for taste, we take bottled for that.

yup thats true, its city tap water but i wouldn't :mischevious: ...you can also feel up & empty @ am-pm for $10...

We have used this same Valero Station for water the last few years. I have a pve garden hose that has a filer on the end of it. WE however DO NOT drink from the Rv's fresh water system!! We bring a lot of bottled water for drinking, coffee and cooking.

The sign there says $5.00 for water and $5.00 for sewer dump..

The station manager said the water is from the citys system. Who knows??

Just watch out for the "Chili Dump" LOL!

:mischevious:

How is the water? smell, taste bad, stuff floatin in it?

i put that water in my fresh water tank.....and i drink bottled water in the dunes......i actually tried it one time...but that is from the time i went ninja with Jimmy D and got it from the spigot on the side of the building, not by the dump...had to use channel locks to turn it on/off... AND we didnt pay either

i would drink it again if i had to

It is labeled not potable becuase its to close to the "dump", By law. Legally you are supposed to be 7ft from an sewer lines etc. m not sure how far it is from that (pipe in the ground). Or B its labeled not potable becuase as soon as "potable" water hits the atmosphere it is exposed to microorganisms and the water would then have to filter and re-disenfect it. Im not sure if baker water is disinfected at all....well water does not have to be....my 2 cents

• 2 weeks later...

I also fill up at the Valero in Baker. However, I use a whole house filter hooked up to the spigot. Filters the water before it goes into the hauler. Use it anytime I fill away from home. I also do not drink the water. Just have always used a filter on all my RVs. JM2C.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI the Flying J in Lenwood/Barstow/Outlet stores has both flushing water, and separate fresh water fills, and for free and the two RV fuel/dump lanes. - And at good pressure and flow.

So far haven't found much in Pahrump.

What I have found flows at barely a trickle.

Must be something someplace.

Edited by Free Agent

FYI the Flying J in Lenwood/Barstow/Outlet stores has both flushing water, and separate fresh water fills, and for free and the two RV fuel/dump lanes. - And at good pressure and flow.

So far haven't found much in Pahrump.

What I have found flows at barely a trickle.

Must be something someplace.

i know they have the non potable water there next to the dump in the far right diesel lanes, but where the hell is the potable water?

i know they have the non potable water there next to the dump in the far right diesel lanes, but where the hell is the potable water?

It's about 12' away from the tank flushing water at the end of the island next to the fuel pumps facing the store,, unless someone has since ran them over Rich.

Hard to spot.

Probably 60+ psi of water flow too and a brass nipple to screw the hose too.

Has a sign on it for freshwater potable tank filling only.