Maui Showers @ Dumont Thanksgiving week/end

badapple1995

So I saw the Maui Showers rig on Vendor's Row this afternoon. There sure isn't much parking if they plan on being busy. And the stairs going in and out of the showers take you right down into the dirt, no mat, fake grass, rug, nada. Based on the attitude of the large dude attendant, you could have given me unlimited time in a hot tub and I won't bother to give them my business this weekend. I've used a similar service at LVMS in Vegas during a NASCAR weekend once, and it was cool.

I went over to ask a couple questions. I see a dry erase board that says "$6.00 for 5 minutes". I explained to him that the Dumont Dune Riders site said something about special pricing, like $20 or $25 for the weekend, and thought it said the price included soap, towel, shampoo, and conditioner. They guy said "I DON'T KNOW WHO THE F**K PUT THAT UP THERE, I knew someone was gonna come asking about it. The price is $6 for 5 minutes, and that doesn't include anything. Some woman named 'Shower Queen' put that up and I don't know who she is." I didn't even bother to ask if towels, etc. were available, cuz the guy was rather a d*ck about all of it. saywha.gif

I'm guessing it's only $6 this weekend based on what the website said, cuz it looks like it was erased and changed to a '6' from something else. Oh, and btw, the hours are from like 6am (don't quote me on that) to around 9pm (that's what the guy said anyhow).

Then a couple comes driving up in their Ranger, like down to the end of the truck's rear end near the last stall, and the guy goes "Were the hell do they think they're going?" They turned around and came back and the man wanted to take a shower. He made some stupid comment about the guy stinking, and that's when I'd had enough. I asked him if he owned the company and he said no. Thank goodness.

So there ya go, in a nutshell. You decide whether or not to use their services.

yup after all that talk of how they were going to make out on haloween and at the last minute no show wtf and no explanation for it :beer_bang: that......I know for a fact that my group wont be using there services :beer_bang: i have my houler and my frinds have theirs

So not only did they give their biz a bad name by not showing up for Halloween but they also gave it a bad name by showing up this time? Maybe Shower Queen will get around to this thread so they can see what kinda service Duner's need. Big dude with the big mouth needs to calm down before somone calms his a$$ down!

:P yesterday, my family and I met the attendant at the showers. He was extremely nice. He even told us that if we needed him to open sooner or stay open later , he would accomodate us. Tonight we just got back from the showers, and he was AGAIN extremely nice and polite. Myself and my two girls took showers. They were CLEAN and very HOT! It was well worth the money. I think that the Dumont people should appreciate ALL the vendors that come out here.... I was happy to take a hot shower in the dunes. We're not at the Ritz Carlton, and you should not expect that level of service. I think that whatever ATTITUDE you present to someone, you'll get it right back. So if you want someone to be nice to you, be nice to them!

I hope EVERYONE has a wonderful and safe T-Day... :beer_bang:

:P yesterday, my family and I met the attendant at the showers. He was extremely nice. He even told us that if we needed him to open sooner or stay open later , he would accomodate us. Tonight we just got back from the showers, and he was AGAIN extremely nice and polite. Myself and my two girls took showers. They were CLEAN and very HOT! It was well worth the money. I think that the Dumont people should appreciate ALL the vendors that come out here.... I was happy to take a hot shower in the dunes. We're not at the Ritz Carlton, and you should not expect that level of service. I think that whatever ATTITUDE you present to someone, you'll get it right back. So if you want someone to be nice to you, be nice to them!

I hope EVERYONE has a wonderful and safe T-Day... :beer_bang:

The same day I emailed mauishower.com, I received this email in return:

I have spoken to my driver. He has been warned. If you have any other problems, please call me direct.

Tim Watts

President/CEO

Maui Mobile Companies

Maui Shower, LLC

Maui Mobile Suites

12223 Wood Lake Drive

Burnsville, MN 55337

952-641-6000 (O)

612-619-0289 ©

www.mauishower.com

I'm not rude unless it's called for and even then, I just mostly shake my head and leave. So, I would imagine he changed his tune because he was TOLD to, or he could have just been having a bad day. Nonetheless, I'm glad your showers worked out well.

I would like to hear any other experiences anyone had as well.

Edited by badapple7732

When we went by and talked with the attendant he was very pleasant and let us look inside one of the stalls. Warned us about the steep steps. If you are running low on water at least they are there to accommodate - just like the BLM was nice enough to put in the sh--t houses in. Hope everyone had a good :beerpint: day. Our prayers are with Grimmace, Randog and their families. :clown:

Two people in our camp made the trip over to the rig first thing Wednesday morning for a shower. Both said the showers were clean/hot and worth the money. The only problem was the attendent. Apparently he was a bit on the older side and became offended that the two brought their own soap, shampoo and towles. He went as far as shaking a tip can that he had on the table as a little hint-hint as they left. Both commented how the guy looked nuthing like the chick in the advertisements. Maybe they should bring in the chicks and sacrafice one of the showers stalls for a little rub and tug massage room? The shower truck alone isn't going to last at Dumont!