Thanksgiving Trip Report?

dumontdude10

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how you get all fords out...running start and hope the front clip holds on! :thumb:

:?: Maybe you should watch the video again(or read the videos title) before you :DDR: ....it was a FORD pulling out a sh*tty

Edited by Bryan M

That's how you get all fords out...running start and hope the front clip holds on! :thumb:

BTW please note the ford has a rino or some kind of side x side on the bed and has stuck tires and still pull that chevy ha ha running start or not still pulled out haha

Two shattered ankles 4 screws in each. He said there was some girl asking if she could take pictures lol. He is doing good now, just take time to rehab them. I guess he was doing "la maz" breathing while they were taking the boots off. And he was only there about an hour...bad weekend for a few people.... :thumb:

I'm the girl who took pics...but i only asked him, because I thought he might want to see them in the future...LOL...I hope he doesn't think i'm some kinda weirdo!! LOL... Tell him that we hope he has a speedy recovery and that I posted the pics on DDR so he could check them out...Thanks.

BTW please note the ford has a rino or some kind of side x side on the bed and has stuck tires and still pull that chevy ha ha running start or not still pulled out haha

It was a 2 wheel drive chevy....he would have had to been pulled out eventually by someone..

It was a 2 wheel drive chevy....he would have had to been pulled out eventually by someone..

Whats even funnier about mr Brownsands quote is they first tried to pull it out with another chitty and not only could it NOT get the job done but it fried its programmer in the process = FAIL....then a FORD comes along with a utv in the back & stock tires(not even aired down) and gets it out...granted it was on the second try but it still got the job DONE...

Edited by Bryan M

:ban-split: let not start with the ford vs chevy :poop: because i think on that weekend i keeped pulling a fx4 150 & fx4 350 with my :thumb::old: z71.....plus lets see it a 2wd,so i don't give a :poop: that :ban-split: is still nicer than the ford :ban-split:

Whats even funnier about mr Brownsands quote is they first tried to pull it out with another chitty and not only could it NOT get the job done but it fried its programmer in the process = FAIL....then a FORD comes along with a utv in the back & stock tires(not even aired down) and gets it out...granted it was on the second try but it still got the job DONE...

:old::ban-split: the good thing he got a head start if not he would of probably got stuck or left his tranny there.... :ban-split::thumb:

:slap: let not start with the ford vs chevy :poop: because i think on that weekend i keeped pulling a fx4 150 & fx4 350 with my :laughing::thumb: z71.....plus lets see it a 2wd,so i don't give a :poop: that :chev_bowtie: is still nicer than the ford :laughing:

hey jr here you go pal :finger:

Lets get this back on track.

I pulled in Wednesday night and must say the road was AWESOME!! I give it an A.

Thursday was low key just hanging out getting ready for T-day dinner.

Went and help Rob(80Grit) with his cv's and came back for some awesome dinner.

The rest of the weekend was a good time.I guess I shouldnt wear the AM/PM recovery service hat anymore in the dunes....I pulled more people this weekend than I duned I think :laughing: but its always a pleasure to do it.

Thanks to Sand~~Snake for letting me drive his car and CaptNkllm for also letting me take his for a spin.

Got my sister in a long travel along with a couple of friends of mine and they couldnt believe the ride of them.

A very fun weekend that just like always was too short!!!

I'm the girl who took pics...but i only asked him, because I thought he might want to see them in the future...LOL...I hope he doesn't think i'm some kinda weirdo!! LOL... Tell him that we hope he has a speedy recovery and that I posted the pics on DDR so he could check them out...Thanks.

Ya i know it was you! He has them on his myspace now i guess lol. Ya no walking for 8 weeks...kinda hard to run his bus now, his wife pretty mad to say the least....No he doesnt think your a wierdo :laughing:

post-5127-1259639868_thumb.jpg

post-5127-1259639608_thumb.jpg

post-5127-1259639764_thumb.jpg

post-5127-1259638995_thumb.jpg

These are the pics I took of the guy we found that had two broken ankles. I think his name was Caleb. I sure hope he is doing ok.... If anyone knows... Please give us an update..

Caleb is doing fine. he ended up with both ankles broken, and the tib and fib on both legs also.

Wow....he ended up getting transported to St. Mary's Medical Center. He had surgery on Sunday, screws only no plates needed. He is at home now, Says he wished he was still at the dunes, (I think he must of hit his head too :mc: )

He wants me to pass on a deep felt "thank you" and "God Bless" the Dune Riders for being there in his time of need. You guys are the bomb!

Looks like he'll be down for about six months, but we're pretty sure he'll be itching for the dunes before then.

Ya i know it was you! He has them on his myspace now i guess lol. Ya no walking for 8 weeks...kinda hard to run his bus now, his wife pretty mad to say the least....No he doesnt think your a wierdo :laughing:

That's funny, he was more worried about his wife being mad then his 2 broken ankles. And yes she is a weirdo.

Just kidding Karen :P

Caleb is doing fine. he ended up with both ankles broken, and the tib and fib on both legs also.

Wow....he ended up getting transported to St. Mary's Medical Center. He had surgery on Sunday, screws only no plates needed. He is at home now, Says he wished he was still at the dunes, (I think he must of hit his head too :mc: )

He wants me to pass on a deep felt "thank you" and "God Bless" the Dune Riders for being there in his time of need. You guys are the bomb!

Looks like he'll be down for about six months, but we're pretty sure he'll be itching for the dunes before then.

I was riding with painterjoe when we saw Caleb sitting there.

Poor guy, He didn't even crash, but managed to bust both ankles. Ouch!

He was in great spirits through his mishaps foe schizzz.

I remember him saying he IS getting a sandcar instead of the bike.

Hope you heal up strong and soon Caleb.

Well My mishaps was not that big of a deal.

We definately all got and are still getting laughs out of it. :finger:

The only thing I need to fix now is the roof.

This weekend was our first time in the dunes with our new hauler.

We are diggin' on that sucker. :laughing:

As you all know my brother Grimace had a very rough trip.

Grimdarted his car into the big hole on comp hill and broke his back.

He is making very good progress in the hospital since his surgery. :slap:

You can keep up on his status in the general chat thread for him.

Thank you all for helping us get back on our feet. :thumb: :chev_bowtie: :laughing:

R-

my girl only took a couple of pics for the weekend......

teaching my stepson how to ride a bike for the first time :mc:

post-5263-1259818140_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1259818232_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1259818317_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1259818406_thumb.jpg

This pic is @ the top of the bowl before my raptor took a :poop: ..in the yellow jorge son Ivan,in gray Jesus,in green Jorgeloco,in blue Gorge,Me on the skul flag & bellow me my bro Estefan...ooo & 2 friend more out of the bowl Hugo & jorgelocos friend (Peter :laughing).....

post-5263-1259818499_thumb.jpg

This is @ the bottom of the bowl wen i notice my quad was done :thumb: :chev_bowtie:

post-5263-1259819073_thumb.jpg

If any ones knows the driver of this buggy i want him to know i ham very greatful for helping me pull my raptor out of the bowl,he was gone wen i got out of the bowl & didn't get to say thanks again & offer him a beer :laughing: ...man a big thanks to the person on this buggy :laughing:

post-5263-1259819422_thumb.jpg

looks kinda like nevada jim's buggy....not sure...i have slept since i last saw it.... the pic is fuzzy and kinda far away too.

If any ones knows the driver of this buggy i want him to know i ham very greatful for helping me pull my raptor out of the bowl,he was gone wen i got out of the bowl & didn't get to say thanks again & offer him a beer :laughing: ...man a big thanks to the person on this buggy :thumb:

i was in the jeep...took a few pictures too...thought someone said they wanted pics, so i took a few loading into the sanrail. if you want pics send me a pm or sumthin(HATE putting pics on here,never seem to be able to git r dun)...glad everyone's recovering.......what a thanksgiving!

ok I finally have a minute to put some pics up....

IMG_10755.jpg

chillen after our first ride on Saturday...

IMG_1072~1.JPG

check out grimace in this pic :blink::dayum::thumb:

IMG_1074~0.JPG

IMG_1079~0.JPG

IMG_1078~0.JPG

chillen & bs'in

IMG_1080~0.JPG

when I took this pic I didn't even realize it was CHRIS in that hole! :finger:

IMG_1081.JPG

zoomed & cropped...

IMG_1081-crop.jpg

nice mid-eng car at comp...

IMG_1082.JPG

John...

IMG_1083~0.JPG

madness at the hill :dayum::blury:

IMG_10840-crop.jpg

2 wheeler...

IMG_10860-crop.jpg

IMG_10870-crop.jpg

some commotion :slap:

IMG_1085~0.JPG

Chris' helicopter ride...weeeeee :dope: :chev_bowtie:

IMG_1089~0.JPG

Urkel in the 99 Buckshot hitten the jump around the backside of comp. I think there is something about this car that makes you wanna put your arm out. :lol:

IMG_1102.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

A couple other peeps that came up and hitt the jump as well.

IMG_1127~0.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

Chillen Sat night in camp.

IMG_1135.JPG

IMG_1136~0.JPG

Urkel & Miss99

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

Karen said to Eric "oh yea I can pick yer azz up too." And she did. :laughing: (btw, her left leg isn't that tweeker skinny LOL It was the long exposure that did that)

IMG_1147.JPG

That's all I got this trip. :laughing:

hello all!

well i headed out with 2 other friends on thurday mourning; this was the first trip for all of us.....i moved here from Miami, FL a year ago... Kevin "me" (blue and gray Cannondale (USA), Travis "honda 400" is from Utah, and Nick "the orange (#%@#%@) banshee is from Michigan. We were all over whelmed with the dunes, especially with the turn out. we tented it, and thankfully had enough firewood, but damm the sand storms were kinda redic! first night of riding was a pain in the $@#, we kept getting lost and could find our little camp; but by friday we were good to go. Friday night at the Hill was out of control, im hooked no doubt! watched some dude in a 2 seat rail "red 406 powered" shoot up and over the right side of comp hill doing at least 75; figured he was a goner, but came back over a minute later with a cracked frame and a hell of a story to tell......

we made it out to the south pole for the meet and greet; tried to be as friendly as possible. talked to sand chick, john "never to old to be blown", jimmy "tricked out blue side by side?", and a few others, but everyone was kinda keeping to them selves, so headed out once the rails started heading out. either way, good to meet some of you. i want a ride in a rail SOooooo bad! well couple BS pics attached and maybe meet some more of you DDR's in the near future......

long story short; we had a great time; wish we ended up in a big group though......next time.....

post-5900-1259823914_thumb.jpg

post-5900-1259823966_thumb.jpg

post-5900-1259824035_thumb.jpg

post-5900-1259824084_thumb.jpg

post-5900-1259824130_thumb.jpg

post-5900-1259824184_thumb.jpg

looks kinda like nevada jim's buggy....not sure...i have slept since i last saw it.... the pic is fuzzy and kinda far away too.

If any ones knows the driver of this buggy i want him to know i ham very greatful for helping me pull my raptor out of the bowl,he was gone wen i got out of the bowl & didn't get to say thanks again & offer him a beer :laughing: ...man a big thanks to the person on this buggy :chev_bowtie:

ya that pic was far from us wen it was taken.... :thumb:

Happy Holidays...

I love this part of DDR. Everyone takes great pictures and I love seeing how much fun everyone had Thanksgiving. Here are a few of mine, though not as good as some, I will keep trying... (I just hope I post correctly) We had a blast and I cant wait to go out again !!! :P Great food, friends, family and the dunes what more could you ask for???? I wish a speedy recovery for those who were injured that weekend.

post-5989-1259938503_thumb.jpg

post-5989-1259938635_thumb.jpg

post-5989-1259938741_thumb.jpg

post-5989-1259938811_thumb.jpg

post-5989-1259938913_thumb.jpg