Trash Challenge to all DDR memebers!

kobe07

Ok! I have heard a lot of big talk about picking up trash and we need more clean up days, etc... including myself after Halloween. So, a few in our group decide to do somthing about it. We went out to comp hill Friday and Saturday mornings and picked up trash. On friday we had two( made a total of 5 people) BLM guys join in and we filled 1, 35 gallon bag and the back of the rhino. We found bottles, nails, metal brackets in fire pits. Saturday we did the same and filled 2, 35 gallon bags and the back of a rhino. Saturday morning we found half burnt chairs, bottles, nails, you name it we found it. The part that really gets is, the people that asked why i was doing it and the people that drove by and looked at me like I was a dumpster diver!!

Thank you to a "couple" people that picked up stuff and put in our bags. I want our kids kids to enjoy the same dunes we love so much. It wont happen if we leave them looking like a dump!!

So I CHALLENGE all DDR members to go out each morning before your morning ride or before breakfast and pick up some trash.

Hope to see more of you New Years weekend.

Props to you and thank you for doing that. :thumb: We need more proactive people like you at comp especially.

Don't ya just love those looks you get when picking up the trash as people just drive on by. :dope:

The biggest thing people can do though is prevent the trash from hitting the ground in the first place. I think we'll get a banner up on the site somewhere as a reminder to "bring a trash bag with you to comp at night to party". Alot of people just head over there with a cooler full of beer and firewood. They don't even think of where the empties and trash will go once they get there. Then when the good times are flowing and the buzz kicks in all their beer cans go right in the fire (on the ground) where they sit until the next day. :rant_on: :dope:

That is very cool of you. We always pick up our camp area and beyond before we leave also. I just wish the a$$hats that leave their trash at comp in the first place would get there sh*t together. And STOP BURNING WOOD WITH NAILS IN IT!

on our way outta the little dunes i found 2 trashbags full, laying around from a neighbors camp,

comp looks like a freakin disater area after peeps leave sat. night i picked up about a dozen bottles and cans from the a$$hats that were nest to us.

On poker run weekend, I decided to do something a little different. Since I arrived alone, I drove around the area near crapper 3 and found the dirtiest fire pit/camp spot. While setting up firewood filled a trash bag of crap left behind by the last people who used it and made sure the area was trash free when I left. Amazing how some people just plain don't give a chit.

Ok! I have heard a lot of big talk about picking up trash and we need more clean up days, etc... including myself after Halloween. So, a few in our group decide to do somthing about it. We went out to comp hill Friday and Saturday mornings and picked up trash. On friday we had two( made a total of 5 people) BLM guys join in and we filled 1, 35 gallon bag and the back of the rhino. We found bottles, nails, metal brackets in fire pits. Saturday we did the same and filled 2, 35 gallon bags and the back of a rhino. Saturday morning we found half burnt chairs, bottles, nails, you name it we found it. The part that really gets is, the people that asked why i was doing it and the people that drove by and looked at me like I was a dumpster diver!!

Thank you to a "couple" people that picked up stuff and put in our bags. I want our kids kids to enjoy the same dunes we love so much. It wont happen if we leave them looking like a dump!!

So I CHALLENGE all DDR members to go out each morning before your morning ride or before breakfast and pick up some trash.

Hope to see more of you New Years weekend.

I think I made my son help a little on sat morning.. if that was you... Thanks for doing that... I would have helped but I couldnt hardly bend over... I pulled my back out real bad the weekend before and could hardly move...

Capt

The biggest thing people can do though is prevent the trash from hitting the ground in the first place. I think we'll get a banner up on the site somewhere as a reminder to "bring a trash bag with you to comp at night to party". Alot of people just head over there with a cooler full of beer and firewood. They don't even think of where the empties and trash will go once they get there.

Agreed!!

Actually, I've thought about doing that...bring trash bags out to the hill with us and walk around handing them out to those obviously in need. However, it also occured to me that the true azzhats may want to kick my a$$! :old: 99% of the time we have at least one vehicle with us (a truck, Razor, etc.) that can carry back more than what we bring out with us, so we'll grab anything in the vicinity and haul it back to camp. That's the 1 thing I miss about my old Trail Boss....the big a$$ quad bag on the back that always came back to camp with trash picked up along the ride. When will people ever getta clue!? :thumb:

I have an idea...

we all seem to have camera's with us during our trips out to the D.. and i'm sure people bring them out to comp on the big party nights...we should all take pics of the people around us..and if someone has to pick up their neighbors trash...post the pics of them and the trash that they left behind...

maybe if we put faces with the trash left behind people would stop leaving it....

just a thought :headbang1:

I was out there Sun morn of Halloween weekend with my daughter. Sorry I was just picking up the cans (beginning her college fund). I was sad that there was so much other junk that I wasn't picking up. Had planned on taking more bags next time so I could pick up other trash also, but didn't make it out there for Thanks weeknd. As it was I filled 2 35gal bags with just the cans. Thanks for the donations for my girls fund, but sad to say that so many people left so much out there.

If the a$$hats got fined for littering, then maybe they'd stop doing it - esp at comp. We always put our empties (what little we have) in our cooler and throw them away when we get back to camp. People are dumb! :thumb: :xmas2: :dope:

I have an idea...

we all seem to have camera's with us during our trips out to the D.. and i'm sure people bring them out to comp on the big party nights...we should all take pics of the people around us..and if someone has to pick up their neighbors trash...post the pics of them and the trash that they left behind...

maybe if we put faces with the trash left behind people would stop leaving it....

just a thought :lol:

About 20 years ago the BLM came through and videotaped campsites and License plates.

The idea worked great.