Grimace updates

dunefreak

Well I figured I'd post up some periodic updates on Chris since he has quite a few friends concerned about him on here. Sending out mass texts is getting difficult. :dope:

As most of you know, Grimace lawndarted his sandrail into that big huge hole at the top of comp. It happened around 12-1 o'c*ck on Saturday after Tday. He broke his back and was flown to UMC here in Vegas. He ruptured his L1 and pieces of bone went into his spine. He couldn't move or feel his feet or legs. It didn't sound good.

However, his surgery went very well. He can now feel his legs and even bend his knees. They put his back brace on today and sat him up. He still has no feeling in his feet and his left leg in a little sluggish as of last night, but his spirits are great and he is laughing and smiling.

I am 100% sure he will recover. He is in great physical shape and you can't have any better attitude than grimace does when it comes to just about anything in life. He is a great guy and a great friend to have.

So with that said, I'll post up whatever pics I have taken or been sent for you guys to see.

Hang in there Chris! You're doing freakin awesome, grim-dart! YIAH! :dope::thumb:

Chris's first helicopter ride on Saturday. :lol:

post-3-1259699150_thumb.jpg

Sunday night

post-3-1259699187_thumb.jpg

As of today. Sent from fctryblack84, Jon

post-3-1259699230_thumb.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to see Gimace this morning at the hospitial, he is in good spirits, i brought him a bunch of magazines and some books on the hells angels...lol...had him laughing pretty good...i do think the nurse with the purty eyes was hittin on him too!!

I met Chris for the first time this weekend. He rolled up in his motorhome and parked right next to me. I saw his last name on a tie-down strap and told my wife ' I think he is with randog"

We were introduced and it felt like we already knew eachother. We got along right away. I helped him with his rail with an exhaust leak and he was off and running. Later that day I woke him up and he went on a ride in my rail. We were talking about all kinds of things on that ride. Also listening to music thru the headsets. I don't mind riding alone but with Chris I had a blast. We helped get the motorcycle rider with 2 broken ankles out of the dunes. My car had a GPS so we were able to locate help and tell them exactally where to go.

Long story short--- Chris, I hope you make a full and speedy recovery. Sell that rail, it's jinxed by randog and go get yourself a longtravel and tear it up with us. :dope:

Here is a shot of him with Tommy during the drags-

post-1872-1259712282_thumb.jpg

Grimace is doing great. He really is making awesome progress.

They had him up and walking him around today. :clap:

He is living proof, "You can't keep a good man down" :dope:

I'm very proud of you bro. I know you will make a full recovery. :dope:

Thank you all for your help, positive thoughts and prayers.

It's amazing how awesome all the DDR peeps are, and how everyone comes together in tough times.

Your display of thoughtfulness has contributed greatly to Grimace's progress.

I want to thank the medics that helped get Chris from the hill to the helicopter too.

They really know their stuff.

It's humbling to know that they are there at Dumont for all of us.

Thanks to all the peeps in our camp, All the peeps in painterjoe's camp, and anyone who has helped with Grimace's accident and recovery.

Also a BIG HUGE thanks to dunefreak and duniemonkie.

Your help this past week has made it easy for me to spend valuable time with Grimace here in Vegas.

You guys are truly the best of friends. Thank You Thank You Thank You! :D:D:D

Even though we didn't need every offer for help, We are extremely thankful for everyone's generous offers. :clap:

I will post Grimace's progress the best I can. Please do the same if you know of updates.

:thumb::lol::dayum:

R-

so happy he is on the good road to recovery.

tore me up to watch you helping with the back board on the hill randy. you showed some great emotional strength. glad to have all of you in my dune family.

the EMT's and LEO's were all very professional. and it was great to see they had the equipment (sandrail with litter attached) to make it a swift rescue. thank you!

so happy he is on the good road to recovery.

tore me up to watch you helping with the back board on the hill randy. you showed some great emotional strength. glad to have all of you in my dune family.

the EMT's and LEO's were all very professional. and it was great to see they had the equipment (sandrail with litter attached) to make it a swift rescue. thank you!

Ditto, you held it together, made me proud to have you as a friend!!

Monday morning i went down and got their around 9, and he was passed out with the dirt wheels magazine opened up, i wish i would have snap a pic. i have never met Chris at all and for the half hour to an hour i was there it felt like i have known him for quite some time, it was great to see that he was in great spirits and laughing his a$$ off. and o my are there some hotties in that hospital. specially that Asian nurse, them to got to talking about ex's kids she was a cutie. but in all Chris, i hope and know you will make a speedy recovery as i have, with my injury. keep your head up man. It was very nice meeting you. you'll see your family soon.

ill still keep you in my prayers.

So glad to hear the recovery is going well. I got update from Whit that they planned on getting him up and walking. Positive attitude will definately go a long way with the recovery. So hang tough Chris and before you know it, you will be back at Dumont!! Slow and steady! Not sure how long you will be in town, but if theres anything I can do while your here, please dont hesitate to ask!! While I dont think we have officially met, seen ya around the dunes with Randy, and duners stick together, especially in times of need!

Ditto, you held it together, made me proud to have you as a friend!!

Thank you guys for the support.

Don't know how I woulda held together without all of you guys there.

And Yes I'm very proud to have you as friends too. :laughing:

UPDATE:

Today Chris woke up feelin' like $1,000,000. :chev_bowtie:

Still super high spirits. :thumb:

They moved him out of ICU and into a regular room.

They got him to walk with a walker over to a chair where he sat for a couple hours. :D

He started getting a migraine headache that got worse. :laughing:

Last I heard he was struggling with comfort. :(

He's still doing so good. His progress is just amazing to me. :finger:

Yeah, he's been talking about getting back to Dumont big time. :slap:

R-