2nd Annual 70cc Regatta at Dumont

dunefreak

register.jpg

Ok people, let's do this! The 2nd annual 70cc regatta will be Saturday, January 30th, 2010. Please rsvp through the link above and also post up in this thread if you will be attending this year's 70cc regatta. Since this year's regatta will be even bigger and better, we are required to get a special event permit and insurance so we'll need to cover those costs.

Participant registration is $25 per person which includes an event t-shirt, regatta sticker, and an event wristband. This allows you to partake in all the fun with your 70.

Spectators are free, but you still must rsvp thru the link above. If you would like to help donate towards the event costs, please select supporting spectator when checking out. Sponsor packages are also availabe. More info thru the link.

The Sandcrazd event t-shirts are available through internet PRE-ORDER only so get yours ordered now if you would like one.

Racin Dirty is planning on making up additional 2nd annual regatta swag and will be vending AT the event so we can all look forward to that this year.

And of course the famous Smokin Al's BBQ will be attending again this year and serving up some of his really good grub for lunch. We'll probably just sell meal tickets the day of the event for that to cover his costs.

DEADLINE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION IS 1/15/2010 (this gaurantees you an event t-shirt)

Last year's was an absolute blast and this year's will be even better! We look forward to seeing everyone from last year and then some!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. There will be even more info posted up as we get closer to the event.

Some of this year's event will be broken down into 3 classes. That way more participants have a stab at a trophy. :atc:

class breakdown

stock class: stock 70cc bore

modified class: up to 88cc

unlimited class: over 88cc

tentative schedule of events

Friday 1/29/2010

(all day)

Track setup

practice runs

test & tune

Saturday 1/30/2010

morning

8AM -9AM: registration, briefing of rules, pickup t-shirts & wristbands

-practice, mess around, test & tune track rides

-the “best of 3” lap time contest, split into 3 classes

-a group ride with all the 70's over to Sandcrazd at vendor row for a photo op

afternoon

-lunch by Smokin Al's BBQ

-straight line drag races at small drag strip track in camp, split into 3 classes

-group track race main event, all classes racing together for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winner

-show & shine event: vote on cleanest most factory-correct, most unique, and ugliest 70.

-trophies, awards ceremony, raffle with additional prizes!

A total of 10 Trophies will be given out for...

-"fastest lap time" (1 each for stock, modified, and unlimited)

-"fastest drag race time" (1 each for stock, modified, and unlimited)

-"most unique 70"

-"cleanest 70"

-"ugliest 70"

-1st place in the main event race

late afternoon/evening

-open track: free-for-all nighttime track races

-possibly have slideshow and/or videos from the days events on a large projector

event / camp location

It will be about the spot as last year. Right at the end of the first finger dune. It is hard packed there and ok for motorhomes so nobody should have to worry about getting stuck.

camp-map.jpg

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glamisdunes.com peeps comming so far: I will keep adding to the list: I posted the date in the 70 forum on gd.com AWESOME!!!!

Poule43 - Andy

Tres Hombre - Robert

matt86 - matt

Stugots - Randy

will be there!!! Can't wait!!!!! So glad we found out about this!!! 1

Poule43

Edited by POULE43

I just updated the gd.com post with all the information on the Regatta!!!! :atc:

This is gonna be a blast!!!!

CANT WAIT!!!! I am ready!!!

post-2709-1260202826_thumb.jpg

post-2709-1260202898_thumb.jpg

Tres will help wit keeping all the 70 nuts in line!!

post-2709-1260202995_thumb.jpg

Matt86 is already loaded up and ready!

post-2709-1260203059_thumb.jpg

THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!!!!!!!

POULE43

:headbang1:

Dumont Dunes :yiah: just joined and wanted to sign up for the 70 regatta. I see Andy already has rsvp'd for me - thanks Brother! looking forward to it as I have never been to Dumont before. We are trying to have a contingent from GD.com come to join forces with Dumont.

Raspado (Eric) from GD.com is also coming, maybe 2 in his group

Sounds like you have a good time planed, It's on the calendar!

Look for the idiot pulling the 70 trailer, that'll be me :headbang1:

Edited by matt86m

Smokin ALS will be their we wil just do the same as last year but if any0ne would like tri tip W fries over pulled pork it will be 5.00 per Pulled pork Sammie will be their we just ask a little domation at cover cost those would would like tri tip need to pre order . i need to know before the 25 thanks As allways Al , Brian Aaron and Crew

Add 2 old coots for the peanut gallery

Please rsvp through the link I posted, Jill.hat is how we are tracking how many peeps to account for. It's free to spectate unless you can help towards our costs. ;)

glamisdunes.com peeps comming so far: I will keep adding to the list: I posted the date in the 70 forum on gd.com AWESOME!!!!

Poule43 - Andy

Tres Hombre - Robert

matt86 - matt

Stugots - Randy

will be there!!! Can't wait!!!!! So glad we found out about this!!! 1

Poule43

Right on Andy. Glad you guys are all making it out! :headbang1: We need everyone to click and register or rsvp through the link though. :beercheers: That gaurantees you a participant wristband and t-shirt.

Dumont Dunes :yiah: just joined and wanted to sign up for the 70 regatta. I see Andy already has rsvp'd for me - thanks Brother! looking forward to it as I have never been to Dumont before. We are trying to have a contingent from GD.com come to join forces with Dumont.

Raspado (Eric) from GD.com is also coming, maybe 2 in his group

Sounds like you have a good time planed, It's on the calendar!

Look for the idiot pulling the 70 trailer, that'll be me :laughing:

Welcome to the site, Matt! Thanks for signing up and registering for the regatta :beercheers: Looks like you guys will fit right in. Nice azz 70's :beercheers:

cleanest 70???...as in as close to bone stock as possible? or just a super clean 70?

oh yeah...obviously ill be there as the announcer, but ill bring out my Lambo 70, hoping to have another one done before then to have 2 70s, and my TRX 70.

post-693-1260224730_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAGDOLL MX