New Exhaust Help

yfzrider15

Hello, I have some questions on adding a new exhaust system to my completely stock 2007 yfz450. I am really enjoying the quad but am wanting to get some extra power out of it. I am really looking at the LRD performance Pro 4 system. However, I have questions on some things. First is it really worth going for the full system, or just a slip-on pipe? And, my second question is besides re-jetting the bike, is there anything else I need to do? (Air Filter, Rev-box etc.) Any imput would be appreciated, Thanks.

Chris :D

Hello, I have some questions on adding a new exhaust system to my completely stock 2007 yfz450. I am really enjoying the quad but am wanting to get some extra power out of it. I am really looking at the LRD performance Pro 4 system. However, I have questions on some things. First is it really worth going for the full system, or just a slip-on pipe? And, my second question is besides re-jetting the bike, is there anything else I need to do? (Air Filter, Rev-box etc.) Any imput would be appreciated, Thanks.

Chris :D

Chris,

Take a look at a sparks or ESR exhaust for that bike and yes a full system is better than a slipon. Change your intake to a K&N or even better a FCI (not if you ride in water). If you have the time, do the cammod it is free and helps a little.

I did the HMF full exhaust and also added a K&N air filter with outerwear. Make sure you loose the lid. Jetting specs for sea level to about 3000.

Pilot = 45

Main = 170

NVCQ needle on the 3rd clip

Fuel Air screw 2 to 2.5 turns out

You can make adjusments with temp and humitity. Runs really good.

I didnt want to spend the $ on a full system since I wasnt sure I liked this bike yet so I did a DR D slip on. Also did the GYTR billet filter adaptor and filter and GYTR needle and the same jetting specs as blue steel, and cam mod. I don't drag race but it feels a whole lot faster, keeps up with bikes with full system and sounds good IMO.

Check out kbmotorsports.com and look at the jardine rt5 exhaust, last I checked he was selling them for 350 and it's a full true race exhaust. That's what I'm going to get when I get some extra cash.

You'll definately have to re jet and look at the fci intake, that made a huge differance over the chrome ring kit they sell at yamaha

go to yfzcentral.com and join the forum lots of great info and a great write up on the cam mod with pictures

Edited by TheAlaskan

careful on central, alot of wrong info gets passed there, mixed in with good info.

Right, I was going to type that but typing on my Ipod sucks, as with any site like that theres a lot of good information mixed in with even more bad. Just have to read carefully and as much as possible and make your own decisions.......I've gotten a lot of good information off there, it just took forever to find :banghead:

By the way, welcome to the site YFZrider :lol:

• 3 weeks later...