Jeep Wrangler X death wobble

RaptorMike

My dad who lives in Cali. has a 04-05 jeep wrangler X and it has aserious death wobble. This happens at around 40-45 mph and hit a bump, the death wobble occurs. He told me he heard of a shop in vegas for jeeps, but he couldnt remember its name. Can anyone help with this. Does anyone know a good place in vegas that can help him. He has taken to 2-3 shops and they cant figure it out.

Thank you, Mike

My dad who lives in Cali. has a 04-05 jeep wrangler X and it has aserious death wobble. This happens at around 40-45 mph and hit a bump, the death wobble occurs. He told me he heard of a shop in vegas for jeeps, but he couldnt remember its name. Can anyone help with this. Does anyone know a good place in vegas that can help him. He has taken to 2-3 shops and they cant figure it out.

Thank you, Mike

Does it have a lift kit on it? If so, what kind (Terraflex,Rancho,ProComp, etc), how long ago was it installed, and who installed it?

Does it have a lift kit on it? If so, what kind (Terraflex,Rancho,ProComp, etc), how long ago was it installed, and who installed it?

I think it is a PrpComp lift and he bought it off the lot already lifted, was a package deal, dont know who lifted it. I f i can remember right, he already has had the steering stabalizer changed and tie rods ends checked. I can get more info from him.

I think it is a PrpComp lift and he bought it off the lot already lifted, was a package deal, dont know who lifted it. I f i can remember right, he already has had the steering stabalizer changed and tie rods ends checked. I can get more info from him.

It's more than likely the track bar or steering bar, they wear and will do what your describing. We don't typically work on vehicles not built by us. But since you are a DDR member you can bring it by and we can check it out.

Thank you, Mike

There is a four wheel place next door to RC Trans north of Spring Mountain on Polaris Dr. They have been there for many years!!!

It's more than likely the track bar or steering bar, they wear and will do what your describing. We don't typically work on vehicles not built by us. But since you are a DDR member you can bring it by and we can check it out.

That will be awesome, i'll see when he can bring it up.

That will be awesome, i'll see when he can bring it up.

I didn't realize the jeep was currently in Cali. Just PM me his location and I will try my contacts "in his area" to take a look at those items.

speaking of death wobble.. Travis I still need to get my truck in to you guys...

I'll try to get in next week... (BTW no Custom Shop did not do my lift.. Fuggin BK Extreme did)

Probably the same items as this Jeep. Give me a call.