Stove Top Drip Coffee

RangerZ

Was wondering if anyone has tried one of those Coleman Stove Top drip coffee makers and what they thought of it?

Chris

:laughoff:

I got one a couple of years ago. I don't have any complaints. It brings the comforts of home anywhere you go. One tip though, if you get one, make sure the handle on the decanter is pointing out(not diagonal) when it's percolating, or you'll make a big mess. I learned that the decanter is a directionally purposed unit, the hard way.haha :beercheers:

Or you can get a teapot and a French Press. Heat the water put the coffee grounds in the press, wait 3 minutes and you have a great cup of coffee. Your coffee must be ground for a french press though as it is a very course grind.

How well does it work on an RV-type stove? I hate firing up the genny to make coffee, this might make my wife less willing to leave my broken bleeding corpse in the desert :P

It works just fine. I run mine either on a coleman 2 burner stove outside, or inside the bus on the range when it's windy. I have to concede, however, that the french press is a lot easier if you're just making a cup or two for yourself:coffee: :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

We just fire up the gen to make coffee in our Mr Coffee maker! :laughing: I am not pleasant in the morning without my coffee - worth running the gen!!!

At home we use a Bunn, which brews coffee in a couple minutes! :thumb:

I have one and use it alot. The only issue is the new motorhome doesnt have as much clearence as the old motorhome and will not fit under the stove vent without removing the burner rack. It gets to be a bit of a pain.

GRIZ

• 3 weeks later...

We use one too and love it. Make sure you are around when the coffee is done brewing to shut it off. Also, when it is done, have a thermos ready to pour the fresh coffee into as the coffee maker does not keep the coffee hot. You will have to pack filters, coffee beans (several flavors), grinder, etc. :ninja::headbang1: