Drivers Licence Class Nevada

sandawg

Thanks for the heads up ASandNut2

Class C is for cars, vans, pickups, mopeds, and other vehicles with a GVWR of 26,000 pounds or less; allows towing of a vehicle with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or less.

I know i only have had a Class C for many years and have been towing my Toyhauler for the last 10 years. It is a shade over 10K GVW.

Be lookin over my shoulder now!!!! :hello:

Bet I'm not the only one out here! :laughing:

:laughoff:

Edited by SANDAWG

Yep, I've been meaning to go get my J endorsement since I never decided to pursue getting my class A after I got my my permit.

I'm not too worried about it. "Most" cops don't bother guys with trucks and trailers like mine even though I am over weight by about 4-5K. :hello:

In California its the same rules for Class C. But they have a Trailer endorsement that allows you to tow a 5th wheel with a GVWR of up to 15,000 lbs.

The endorsement test is a 20 question multiple choice test and is free to take at any California DMV.

I was told that last season, leo's were setting up stings near the border check point on the 86 heading to glamis, and the guys with 3 axle trailers without proper licenses, were getting their rigs impounded. Imagine your trip ruined that way :hello: A buddy checked into it; he needs a class b in CA.

I'm 3 ft. over length with my bus/trl. I'm always nervous about that occasional polar bear/ commercial guy who's pissed off that he isn't going duning, and has to make havok for those who are :laughing:

I went down to the DMV on Donovan in North Las Vegas and picked up the study material for the test and I was told that since I was driving a private "non-comercial" RV I didnt need to have the "J" endorsement. I asked the counter person to confirm the info with his supervisor. I explained what I was doing and that I was over the 10,000# limit for a towable vehicle and the Supervisor confirmed it. I asked a local PD officer and he said the same. I was always under the impression that I had to have one...... I got the supervisors name just incase I had t go to court for a ticket.

A buddy checked into it; he needs a class b in CA.

thought B was for motorcycle and most of our towing issues are fixed with a recreational class A. this enhancement drops you to legally drunk at .4 from .8

i could be wrong :atv:

thought B was for motorcycle and most of our towing issues are fixed with a recreational class A. this enhancement drops you to legally drunk at .4 from .8

i could be wrong :atv:

M is for motorcycles B is commercial, my friend's wife works for the D M V in CA and she told me I aam find with my class C due to the fact that is recreational vehicle. :dunno:

I guess it depends who you ask that's the answer you will get.

I went down to the DMV on Donovan in North Las Vegas and picked up the study material for the test and I was told that since I was driving a private "non-comercial" RV I didnt need to have the "J" endorsement. I asked the counter person to confirm the info with his supervisor. I explained what I was doing and that I was over the 10,000# limit for a towable vehicle and the Supervisor confirmed it. I asked a local PD officer and he said the same. I was always under the impression that I had to have one...... I got the supervisors name just incase I had t go to court for a ticket.

they are wrong, they cant read the dmv guide. if you have a class "c" license(thats what most people have for cars and trucks), then a "j" endorsement is needed for over 10000# in tow. ( the non commercial they are talking about applies only to the "a" class which is tractor trailer type in which the tractor trailer is a non commercial vehicle

better have that supervisor quote you the nrs for his reasoning.

the laws are about the same for all states, they are federal guidelines :atv:

^^^ that is true....and I do not understand it

the same bullshit goes on at the DMV in CA too.. All that proves is that those :atv: 's dont know what they're doing

ive probably posted this a million times, but here's the skinny...and its been this way for a long time

tow-behind..with a ball hitch....gvwr up to 10k with no endorsement, or non- comm class A

10,001 and up on a bumper pull, you need a non-comm class A to be legal

5th wheel....up to 10 k...nothing needed

10,001 to 15k...you need an endorsement

15,001 and up...no comm class A

THIS IS IN CA ONLY every state has their own laws regarding this

it sounds like your getting commercil and non commercial confused. 26000 gvw and below on a class c in cali is for commercial loads not private. i know they have an endorsement for larger rvs here but you cant use it to haul anything commercial. im sure nevada is very similar :atv:

nev and cal differ greatly.

Cal has to accept the licence standards of nev for your rig but you have to mechanically be legal with cal law. Ie lenght limits, route limitations etc.

I have a nev non com class A.