Solar pannel with inverter

limodriver

I am curious if peole would be interested and how much they would be will to pay for a solar set up and inverter that would run everything but the ac unit and keep your batteries charged for the night at the same time. This is for toy haulers or motor homes and that would be installed.

Thanks for any input you might be able to give.

Tim

I am curious if peole would be interested and how much they would be will to pay for a solar set up and inverter that would run everything but the ac unit and keep your batteries charged for the night at the same time. This is for toy haulers or motor homes and that would be installed.

Thanks for any input you might be able to give.

Tim

Only speaking for myself. I have a 24ft.toy hauler with 2- 6 volt batteries and have never run out of power running my heater all night. I may run my generator for an hour or 2 during the day to run appliances and that has always seemed to keep the batteries full. I only set the heat at 60 or 65 at night too.

One of the first things I installed several years ago was an inverter and have yet to use it. I guess I don't know how long I can run it before I run down the batteries.

In my case the cost would be a major factor and not something that I would really consider.

:pissed:

• 5 weeks later...

How many panels ? What wattage? Make? I know that Harbor Freight has a 45 watt solar panel kit on sale right now for $160.

I currently have a solar system/inverter installed. It puts out about 6 amps to the batteries in full sun. Hardly enough to keep the batteries charged. I don't think there is enough surface area on our trailers to build an effective system. You would probably need a 30-50 amp system to keep the batteries charged enough to run everything but the A/C.