Looking for new Camping / Riding Location in AZ or NV

Sandpirates2

:atv: Hey you'all - Happy New Year to everyone!!!

Looking for some new camp locations which will handle a 37' 5th, and has quad riding that is within 3-4 hours of Vegas this time of year. Looking to go somewhere this MLK weekend in AZ or NV that we dont have to drive all day to get there. Weve hit Sand Hollow and Pink within the last 4-6 weeks, and its just beyond freezing (yeah I know its winter) and weve been to the Big D three times, so just looking for something different. Looking online gets crazed and you really dont know what the hell you'll end up with. Anyway, if you know of a decent place, that's not a zoo, we'd sure appreciate any input.

Thanks,

SP2 Mike :ban-split:

• 4 weeks later...

Kingman(Hualapi Mtn) is good, actually anywhere between kingman and flagstaff is good I really like the williams area but its still probably a lil cold and snowy right now. Mesquite, NV(Gold Butte) is a fun desert area if you've never been...miles of dezert dirt roads.

Edited by Bryan M

Where do you ride in Laughlin?

As you come down 163 before you reach the mountain pass there is a washed out area on the right. Best in the desert has a race every February there. Lots and lots of two wheel track but there are also trails/roads for SXS and jeeps, some trails lead to natural springs and some cross the mohave road and some just keep going and going... keep an eye on your gas.... this is the perfect time to go. Laughlin is about 10 degrees hotter than Vegas in the summer.... close enough for a day trip and plenty of room for a hauler to park for a quick weekend away...

:beercheers:

In the spring there is some great places out toward Temple Bar. My friend has property in White Hills way to end of White Hills Road. We go out there a lot. We're going to make a 70's track around the property for sh*ts and giggles. Tons of places to go. You could probably go out to Rosies and turn right and head towards Lake Mojave. I understand you can get all the way to the water. (Not in a MH or Hauler, but a qwad or 4x4) We might give a try this spring as soon as the Sami is done.

Check out this link: http://gis.co.mohave.az.us/

Edited by desertskyz

:DDR: Thanks all for the replies - The wife and I are friends of Rosie's out there, and we've been riding out there for a while..... good place but the areas getting more closed down all the time. "Ciders in Flagstaff" have not heard about that place at all....anymore infor would be appreicated. Williams info riding would be great too - thanks all.

SP2 MIke :MBdance: