MLK weekend report

aceisback

Awesome weekend for duning. :atv::thumbsdown::mc::atv: Smooth as silk on Friday, started getting rutted and torn up by Saturday evening, and today was still choppy but it was fun nonetheless. Must also say that the road in and out were the best I have EVER seen them. 25mph and almost felt like pavement. Now a litttle bit of water to hold the dust down and to help it pack better and longer would be very beneficial. Good deals going on from most of the vendors.

Good dunes, good peeps, no political debate=great weekend.

Back to work on Tuesday so then we can pick up on the misunderstanding and misconceptions about the War of Northern Aggression and Mr. R E Lee. :atv::dope::whoop::old::MBdance: :rant_on: :dunno:

All I can say is WOW what a great weekend friday morning ride was 95% virgin sand it was sooooo smooth

out there. I got more riding in 3 days in than I have had in the last 4 dune trips. Camp was very small

and very quiet, it was so nice. Missed having some of our regulars you missed out on a great weekend.

Couldn't ask for better weather can't wat to get the rail fixed and get out again. :thumbsdown:

All I can say is WOW what a great weekend friday morning ride was 95% virgin sand it was sooooo smooth

out there. I got more riding in 3 days in than I have had in the last 4 dune trips. Camp was very small

and very quiet, it was so nice. Missed having some of our regulars you missed out on a great weekend.

Couldn't ask for better weather can't wat to get the rail fixed and get out again. :headbang1:

What happened to your car Brice?

Cracked the frame in 3 places under the engine trans area gotta pull the engine and trans and

bend up 2 new tubes not expensive just time consuming. Need to find myself a nice 2 seat

long travel frame and put my subi in it. :headbang1:

:DDR: Well, threw the wife and dogs in the truck, and we got out there on Thursday mid-day, headed out to the far east side, and before you could say oh crap, I buried the truck even in 4 wheel low.....guess there's always a first time, but man, never at the D. So, after cussing and kicking my a$$, we let the air out to 10 lbs per tire, no good, had to also do the three sets on the trailer also (felt like a nornal day at Pismo) and hey we pulled our selves out went about 40 feet more to get level, and called it.....killed a 5th of daniels and 2 six paks, and the pain went away. Rode Friday, went to the races on Saturday for about an hour, didnt seem to be much going on, so we headed out to both the poles, and headed back. Took the pups for a ride back to the North Pole, got a lot of looks with them up front steering yellow farm equipment. :P but had a great time. The Big D was fairly vacant, not many people at all, so the dunes until late Saturday were pretty empty. Got up Sunday, rode to the South Pole, saw some jackass trying to light the new military letters box paper inside on fire, but they saw us coming up and took off. Too far for me to get an ID on the jerk-offs. But no harm done, just burnt paper on the ground. Headed back, got packed, and got about 100 ft, all looked great, so got out filled up the tires, and went 20 ft and frick'n buried the truck again........ :slap: So after getting two dumb-a$$ awards, and now for the second time trying to again let all the air out of my tires......two duners showed up and help me pull free with his truck. I didnt get names, but I sure do appreaciate it very much for the help. So limped the truck over next to vendor row, and filled up the damn tires "AGAIN".

Chased a Grey Dodge Ram with a Fury Toy Hauler home through Tecopa, Never been that way back, so glad he knew his way back to Vegas.....and that was the trip. Had a great time, didnt hook up with anyone, but maybe next time.

SP2 Mike :laughing: