In light of recent events...

aceisback

...I thought I would post this up for your intellectual pleasure. Some will get a kick out of it and some will get their panties all in a bunch. It is what it is and I welcome your comments. :beat::beat::beat:

I made a couple of calls to make sure this isn't some sort of prank, and sadly, it's indeed legit. A former pro wrestling promoter is starting an all-Caucasian pro basketball league which hopes to start in June in 12 cities, among them Augusta, Ga. The All-American Basketball Alliance announced its plans in a news release Sunday evening, hours before Martin Luther King Day. Excerpt: "Only players that are natural born United States citizens with both parents of Caucasian race are eligible to play in the league."

Meet Don "Moose" Lewis, the commissioner of the AABA who incredibly, somehow did not acquire the nickname "Bubba" or "Skeeter." He told the Augusta Chronicle that the reasoning behind the league's roster restrictions is not racism.

"There's nothing hatred about what we're doing," Lewis said. "I don't hate anyone of color. But people of white, American-born citizens are in the minority now. Here's a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like."

Lewis said he wants to emphasize fundamental basketball instead of "street-ball" played by "people of color." He pointed out recent incidents in the NBA, including Gilbert Arenas' indefinite suspension after bringing guns into the Washington Wizards locker room, as examples of fans' dissatisfaction with the way current professional sports are run.

"Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?" he said. "That's the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction."

i'm not a basketball fan at all, but if you ask me i don't think that it'll last long.

I don't even think it will get off of the ground but I believe he's trying to send a message like Massachusetts just did. Folks are fed up with some things and would like change they can believe in. :beat::beat:

I'm sad to say at this moment that I am from Augusta, and claim it as my home town. Please excuse me while I got make redneck jokes about my friends and family still in Augusta......