Allstate auto insurance customers

dunefreak

If you have been with Allstate for quite some time, call your agent and tell them to re-write your policy. I called to tell them I was canceling my policy soon since my buddy at State Farm could save me hundreds. Ends up I had one of their "old policies". He re-wrote the policy with Allstate's newer policy and my premium went down about $150 a month. :shocked:

I don't know if the "old policy" thing is bs or not, but it worked for Bert (sanddunesaddict) as well since he also has an old Allstate policy.

Whether you have been with them a while or not, it's worth the call. Just tell them you are shopping around and looking to lower your rates.

Just a heads up to save some cash. :beercheers:

i've been with state farm for over a decade. every year i call around to see what other insurers are offering, and state farm is always lower for the same policies (probably because of the longevity.) it depends on the person (credit, driving record, etc.) so some companies work better for others.

it's good to see that they cared about your business, pete.

i have been with farmers for years for personnel and commercial, i am gong to be shopping all the big companies this week or next, along with my health insurance,

i know there is about a 25-30% difference in my commercial liability and workers comp this year than the previous years, they are alot more hungry now a days and willing to actually give you a decent price..

I just had to switch my insurance on my truck a few months ago. My parents have been with the same agent at State Farm for 30 years so I called him after checking out all the other major companies and he was double what 3 other companies were. :beercheers:

I ended up going with AAA, they had the best rate. Plus the guy that ran into my truck a few years ago had AAA and they were great to deal with.

Allstate's "new" rate was about the same as what my buddy Tommy could do for me. I just figured I'd stay with Allstate since I have been with them for so long and always had really good svc.

For anyone else looking for a good honest guy and a good rate, I would highly recommend calling my buddy at State Farm though if anyone wants a rate quote from him. He can do alot of moving things around to get the rate lower. Definitely worth a shot to try.

Here is his info...

Tommy Brooks

office # 702750-9990

cel# 702-308-1970

or by email: tommy.brooks.rnnu@statefarm.com

Tell him Pete sent ya. He will know who you are talkin about.

I have state farm and there are a number of offices with different reps here in town. Do you think they are competitive against eachother or would I get the same price for my policy at each office?

Some agents are better than others at moving different things around and getting creative with how the policy is written. I would guess that 2 different State Farm agents rates would be exactly the same if the policies were written exactly the same. Some are better at it than others.

Some agents are better than others at moving different things around and getting creative with how the policy is written. I would guess that 2 different State Farm agents rates would be exactly the same if the policies were written exactly the same. Some are better at it than others.

I called and you are exactly right, the only difference is the way they write it up but they are not trying to beat the agents price down the street at the same insurance company. The only thing that would be different is the customer service you recieve from your agent. I do not like how the guy I am with now treats us so far so I may have to look up the street for some better customer service.

Edited by 1BADYFZ

I was a former Allstate agent acouple of years back. The rates are the same from office to office, agents don't make better deals for their friends. We imput all the info you give us and it gives us a premium. Sometimes it will vary if they put different percentages on the amount you drive a certian vehicle. There is NO negotiation with insurance. Ask your agent if you're getting all the discounts avaiable like home/auto, over 55 years old, etc. Also if you are a new driver or had no previous insurance or had accidents you will be insured with a non-prefferred company which basicly means higher rates. After time you will be able to get to a prefferred company and pay less. Basically the more policies you have with a company the better rates and discounts you get.

Another good idea would be to go to a independent agent, that means that they have the ability to run all your info thru many different companies (they do all the work) then tell you who came back with the cheapest rates and then you can decide. I used to hate independent agents because I would never be able to beat their rates.

Always compare apples to apples when you are getting quotes. When I say apples to apples I mean make sure they are quoting you with the exact same coverages.

Hope I could help.

I was a former Allstate agent acouple of years back. The rates are the same from office to office, agents don't make better deals for their friends. We imput all the info you give us and it gives us a premium. Sometimes it will vary if they put different percentages on the amount you drive a certian vehicle. There is NO negotiation with insurance. Ask your agent if you're getting all the discounts avaiable like home/auto, over 55 years old, etc. Also if you are a new driver or had no previous insurance or had accidents you will be insured with a non-prefferred company which basicly means higher rates. After time you will be able to get to a prefferred company and pay less. Basically the more policies you have with a company the better rates and discounts you get.

Another good idea would be to go to a independent agent, that means that they have the ability to run all your info thru many different companies (they do all the work) then tell you who came back with the cheapest rates and then you can decide. I used to hate independent agents because I would never be able to beat their rates.

Always compare apples to apples when you are getting quotes. When I say apples to apples I mean make sure they are quoting you with the exact same coverages.

Hope I could help.

I never said my buddy could hook it up like super homie style or anything. :beercheers: I'm just saying he knows his chit and knows how to save people money exactly the ways you described. ;) I didn't think insurance was negotiable.

hey Pete does your guy at all state cover your sand toys to or do you have to go to the geko for that..

Yes, he wrote me a separate recretaion policy for the sandcar. I don't bother with the bikes since they are older and cheap to replace.

State Farm also insures sand toys.