Accidents President's Day Weekend

Kitcat

We saw a rail roll over on the big dunes to the right side of the entrance to comp yesterday. :beercheers: We couldn't see much because we saw it from our camp site. Didn't look like any ambulance or medics took people away. Hope everyone was okay.

Also, saw someone had an accident at comp last night. Hope they were okay too!

The sand is wet and very choppy out here this weekend! Hope everyone is safe!!!! :laughoff:

Edited by Kitcat

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

danny is a friend of mine. he is at umc in vegas in critical condition.

details are scetchy right now. heard lung damage,broke ribs, aorta torn??? on a breathing machine. it was coming back from comp friday night. not sure how or why it happened.

i believe it was raspadoo's old car 2 seat black turbo honda that he bought

Edited by predu

Thoughts and prayers out to Danny, I haven't heard anything since this afternoon, don't quote me on this, from what I was told on the phone was front end pile drives into sand, passenger had broken ankle, Danny was takin away in ambulance, and during x rays is when they discovered torn aurota, he had 2 surgerys today.

Oh man. I didnt know it was that dude. Nice guy. I met him once out there.

I heard all about it out there yesterday. The car was just a couple camps down from us and everyone said it was very bad.

Sorry to hear that. I hope he is ok. I too heard he had surgery yesterday.

Haven't heard anything today yet as of 315 El Paso time, waitin for call from Kr350 about Danny's status...

I didnt know who it was, but I drove by right after the accident. Then I saw the car today on the trailer. The car was a black turbo honda 2 pass. Looked as if it landed on the nose. Me and couple friends that fabricate cars go look at the wrecks, ussually on sunday to see if we can learn anything.

His car held up well, but the belts were mounted incorrectly. May not have been any issue depending on the height or the passengers, but the force appeared to be big enough to bend the frame of the seat. So I hope they recover and that they were both short enough to not get hurt unnecessarily.

Also saw a few others, but nothing looked real bad.

I hope all are well.

Danny is in critical condition at UMC. He has to have his sternum rebuilt, has atleast 9 shattered ribs, part of his colon was removed, all his organs were out of place, collapsed lung, and had damage to his heart that was repaired. He will be placed in a coma for atleast three weeks to help with recovery. He can not have any visitors accept immediate family but can use all the prayers he can get. The passenger had no injuries at all.

Danny is in critical condition at UMC. He has to have his sternum rebuilt, has atleast 9 shattered ribs, part of his colon was removed, all his organs were out of place, collapsed lung, and had damage to his heart that was repaired. He will be placed in a coma for atleast three weeks to help with recovery. He can not have any visitors accept immediate family but can use all the prayers he can get. The passenger had no injuries at all.

Gods speed!! Hate to hear news like this

We had an awesome time out at dumont this past weekend, met a few people and enjoyed some beer. Taught the little one more about her quad and tried to enjoy the dunes. Does anyone know how to get ahold of the crew that was taken the pictures at comp hill? Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that was injured over the weekend. I look forward to coming out and helping on clean up day.

So sorry to hear about your friend Cory. Sounds like a long road, but praying he will make a full recovery. :praying:

Oh man not good, very sorry to hear about the mishap, prayers sent... Get well soon Danny :(

This must be the car.... 2 Seat Desert Dynamics built by Fusion Offroad.

Yep that is the one. The front tires are now located behind the HID's now. Danny is a trooper. He is also a hell of a nice guy and if he needs help through this I am sure he will get it. Get well soon brother.

Yep, that's the car we saw next to our camp. Imagine the front tires pinned up by those front headlights because that's where they were when we say the car on the trailer.

The wing was toast as well as the front suspension. The back of the frame appeared bent as well. The windshield looked as though both heads hit it but I don't know for sure. The dash was pushed forward from the passengers knees. Some bloody sand was still stuck to the roof also. I wanted to take pics but didn't want to offend the camp by doing so. It is a good reminder to be careful out there, this is a hobby and shouldn't be a life changing experience in a negative way.

That cage did it's job very well. No failures that we saw anywhere that would have jeopardized their lives further by crappy buildsmanship.

Hope that driver makes it out ok. I am sure he has a long road ahead of him.

anyone hear about a rhino accident at comp. friday night? heard a few people talking about it saturday night. i guess they rolled the rhino and the cage (light bar) smashed in on driver and passenger. just what i heard just curious if anyone else heard that.

anyone hear about a rhino accident at comp. friday night? heard a few people talking about it saturday night. i guess they rolled the rhino and the cage (light bar) smashed in on driver and passenger. just what i heard just curious if anyone else heard that.

I saw the aftermath. I was told they rolled over slow, about 5/6 times. It was at the bottom to the rt side of comp were rails ussually jump. Both driver and passenger were still in the rhino when I saw them. The drive had a huge laceration to his forehead. Both looked to have gone 5 rounds with matt hughes on top of them. Both had many bruises and just looked beat to crap. The cage was collapsed in towards there heads, closer to the th edriver then passenger. I dont think they got ambulanced out, but I didnt stay long enough to really see. The rangers were taking statements.....and didnt look to be in any hurry or concerned.