Accidents President's Day Weekend

Kitcat

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he got hurt...........at dumont

Ryan, people usually want details on how it happened so they can take extra precautions out there and avoid doing the same thing on future trips. I think that is one of the reasons why White Rhino was asking.

Ryan, people usually want details on how it happened so they can take extra precautions out there and avoid doing the same thing on future trips. I think that is one of the reasons why White Rhino was asking.

true , coming back from comp area on the woop road he went off the right side dune, the hill climb one. either outran his lights or thought it was the ridge before the edge of the flats.landed nose down into the flats. it happened at about 7:30 friday night after a dune run

Edited by predu

Thoughts and prayers out to Danny, I haven't heard anything since this afternoon, don't quote me on this, from what I was told on the phone was front end pile drives into sand, passenger had broken ankle, Danny was takin away in ambulance, and during x rays is when they discovered torn aurota, he had 2 surgerys today.

The Passenger lost her shoe but was fine no broken ankle she was FINE

So Sorry danny God speed

Danny was brought out of his coma today to visit with family for awhile, he was in high spirits. His biggest concern now is infections. Obviously he has a long recovery ahead of him still.

Good to hear he was brought out of the coma. There is a lot of Drama that happens here and there but its times like this that makes you realize we are all out there doing what we love and its almost like playing a game a russin rulette (spell check inserted here) it sucks when stuff like this happenes.. I will continue to have Danny in my prayers and his family. Peace ,Love and Happieness !!!! :foshizz:

If this offends anyone..I will remove.... All due respect to the injured... if the seat belts were mounted right then it would not have been as bad of a crash to his body.. I also talked to the girl involved and she was fine except limping real good.... foot was under the hood sheet metal

Prayers for a fast recovery.....

post-1097-1266359425_thumb.jpg

true , coming back from comp area on the woop road he went off the right side dune, the hill climb one. either outran his lights or thought it was the ridge before the edge of the flats.landed nose down into the flats. it happened at about 7:30 friday night after a dune run

Thanks Predu

I wasn't looking for gory details, I'm not like that, just thought there might be a witches eye or? I am maybe heading out this weekend which was why I was asking. Hope Danny has a full speedy recovery!!! Prayers to him his family and friends!

Well I guess you can add my uncle from Lancaster CA, to the list of injuries during the weekend. He was riding his utility quad near the north pole and hit a sand bump that was built up around a bush. It kicked him up and over then the quad landed on top of him. The rangers were great, they brought his quad back to camp and let us know what they were going to do with him. They sent him by ambulance to Phrump, there the doctors at the Hospital said there was nothing they could do for him. From there they ended up medivacing him to UMC in Vegas. Thas was Sat AM and he is still there in the ICU today. He ended up with 7 shattered ribs,(5 with multiple brakes), a hematoma on his kidney, some internal bleeding from something ( we havent heard of what yet ), cracked shoulder and thought he had a punchered spleen. This just goes to show you that you dont have to be hauling a$$ to get hurt out there. It was a very humbling experience for the rest of our camp. I have plans to head to Vegas this weekend if he is not out of the hospital by then. My prayers are with all that were injured out there this weekend and hope everyone has a speedy recovery.

Griz

Well I guess you can add my uncle from Lancaster CA, to the list of injuries during the weekend. He was riding his utility quad near the north pole and hit a sand bump that was built up around a bush. It kicked him up and over then the quad landed on top of him. The rangers were great, they brought his quad back to camp and let us know what they were going to do with him. They sent him by ambulance to Phrump, there the doctors at the Hospital said there was nothing they could do for him. From there they ended up medivacing him to UMC in Vegas. Thas was Sat AM and he is still there in the ICU today. He ended up with 7 shattered ribs,(5 with multiple brakes), a hematoma on his kidney, some internal bleeding from something ( we havent heard of what yet ), cracked shoulder and thought he had a punchered spleen. This just goes to show you that you dont have to be hauling a$$ to get hurt out there. It was a very humbling experience for the rest of our camp. I have plans to head to Vegas this weekend if he is not out of the hospital by then. My prayers are with all that were injured out there this weekend and hope everyone has a speedy recovery.

Griz

WOW..Prayers sent

Capt

Our friend in camp was riding and got ran over by a Blue Sandcar on Sunday. She was riding a Suzuki Z400 and was on one side of the dune and the sandrail flopped over the dune and struck her. She was luckily hit high and ejected from the quad as the rail demolished the rest of her bike. She is bruised up pretty bad but no other serious injuries thank god.

Just a reminder, when you are in a rail and flopping a dune on the passenger side it is blind, you must look for flags and be a 100% sure no-one is on the other side. Especially on busy weekends!!!

Thoughts sent to a quick recovery.

It has been mentioned a couple times that the belts weren't mounted correctly, could someone explain how they were mounted? Thanks.

just go to Crows website and it will show you how to mount belts.

1320 is right though alot of cars are mounted incorrectly.

Thoughts sent to a quick recovery.

It has been mentioned a couple times that the belts weren't mounted correctly, could someone explain how they were mounted? Thanks.

As for the black car I seen it with my own eyes and the seat belts were not attached correctly to prevent the occupants from sliding forward (seat and all)... The seat belts need to go through a cross bar behind the seat as to not allow forward movement.... it was attached to a tab at the base rear of the seat which allowed the whole seat and occupant to roll forward... again there was no cross bar behind the seat at all.

Capt

As for the black car I seen it with my own eyes and the seat belts were not attached correctly to prevent the occupants from sliding forward (seat and all)... The seat belts need to go through a cross bar behind the seat as to not allow forward movement.... it was attached to a tab at the base rear of the seat which allowed the whole seat and occupant to roll forward... again there was no cross bar behind the seat at all.

Capt

Yup crossbars are a must....You want them mounted something that will NOT move

Yup crossbars are a must....You want them mounted something that will NOT move

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to you. I don't know you and I hate to hear that someone has got injured while playing in the dunes. I've prayed for you to recover fast.

termiteslayer

:ban-split::laughing::thumb::laughoff::assblast::bowdown::flipoff::slap::lol::coffee:

Capt

David, could you elaborate a little more in detail how these belts were mounted? From the sounds of your post, the belts were mounted to the seats. ? :ban-split:

David, could you elaborate a little more in detail how these belts were mounted? From the sounds of your post, the belts were mounted to the seats. ? :ban-split:

No.. single tab back lower part of car... mounted right behind the seat... Gas tank was right below shoulder height behind the seat so no room for a cross bar...but single tab to the floor area that he harness was connected to.. seat had its own tabs and those where bent forward also. If there was a bar I dont think seat would have moved much and occupants either.... if you look at bigblocktank(guy who bought a used car recently) he has a pic I commented on about his belts and how they were mounted... very similar but the black car had no cross bar to loop around

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

WOW..Prayers sent

Capt

Griz

Was your uncle Mike? If it is I work for the same company. I work out of Orange I heard about it from buddy that knows him that lives in Vegas hope he is doing better.