Presidents Weekend 2010 reports & pics

dunefreak

Trip was awesome as always, played alot in the sand and got some awesome duning in. Arrived friday around 4:30pm uloaded and set up camp.

Sat. was greta rode all day, went to meet and greet and hung for awhile, did more riding till it was time for dinner.

Sun did more riding and around 3pm started to pack up for the ride home. Good to see some DDR peeps that ive met.

Whats even more awesome, i'm going back out today for 3 more days, see ya when i get back. :beercheers::DDRrocks:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta a ticket for not having a class A indorsement on my license.

Sucks Joe, just part of driving in Ca. anymore.. Just about everyone here is getting fed up with the cameras, CHP / Police generating revenue every way they can.. Just another tax the way I look at it, and I can't wait till this state goes bankrupt... :DDRrocks: Back to topic :beercheers:

The weather was great, camp was fun, lots of friends and good times.

Sunday was long, I raced in the sand drags, and got a couple trophies...that was cool, it had been years. Didn't have to go fast, but ended up beating someone in the first one. The jeep ran great.

I took my 70 to ride back and forth where we were parked and the jeep was...people almost ran me over and some girl just totally cut in front of me when I was trying to cross traffic. Not very nice. Got some laughs though that I was riding on it anyways.

Yesterday we sat in the shade just hanging out laughing, then finally packed up to head home. Got home around 7:30 and played trailer ballet with 3 trailers, then BED TIME!

I had so much fun though. Lots of laughter and lots of smiles. Good to hang out at other camps and chat it up with people.

That was one of the busiest weekends I have seen out there in many years. It was a good time and got to camp with a big group of great people. Had a chance to meet some new people that I had not met yet.

Saturday my cv boot came off and Bert saved my weekend again by taking it all a part to get the sand out and put it back together. Thank you again Bert!

The road in and out was the best I have ever seen it! A++++

I took a ton of pics and videos but probably won't get a chance to get to them for a couple of days. Its back to work for now.

Here is one from the jeep drags. Click on it to see the enlarged view.

post-14-1266342476_thumb.jpg

Edited by 80grit

Well let me know when you are going down to get it done.. I am going with you... I have been lucky both times they have been in tecopa.... but luck only last so long

Capt

I won't go through Tacopa anymore this is getting out of hand! I was pulled over twice on the previous holiday weekend :beercheers:

I gotta a ticket for not having a class A indorsement on my license.

Hey Joe.

You Ray and Fred stopped by our camp

What's the fine? Did Fred ever get his class A?

Hope you don't have to go to Ca. to prove you have it now.

When they stopped me for leaking, that was the first thing he checked,(license), then he checked the leak.

Bob

camp ground

post-5263-1266382934_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1266383024_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1266383117_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1266383205_thumb.jpg

our camp

post-5263-1266384008_thumb.jpg

sat morning @ north pole

from left to right chuy,jose,jorgeloco & elpato

post-5263-1266386804_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1266383655_thumb.jpg

jodi,mike & group

post-5263-1266383760_thumb.jpg

12pm :MBdance: :ahhhhh: races

post-5263-1266385181_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1266384194_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1266384379_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1266384526_thumb.jpg

this 2 guys raced

post-5263-1266384644_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1266384779_thumb.jpg

the result

post-5263-1266384941_thumb.jpg

meet & greet

post-5263-1266385360_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1266385500_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1266385629_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1266386400_thumb.jpg

jorgeloco,elpato,jackster,randyvw

post-5263-1266385984_thumb.jpg

brittany & group

post-5263-1266385887_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1266386083_thumb.jpg

me & jorgeloco

post-5263-1266386312_thumb.jpg

post-5263-1266385779_thumb.jpg

Edited by jr1208

What was with the Sheriffs out at tecopa again... pulling rigs over looking for proper endorsements,plates, ect

Pulled a guy over while he was dumping lol

Capt

i wasnt out for this pres-day but a few of my buddies with big jacked up trucks said they also got tickets for being too high off the ground. what a joke. any way to 'boost' the economy in that little city. i spend the extra 20 mins and go through pahrump

thanks for the pics everybody :ahhhhh:

man it was a killer weekend :headbang1: ...jorgeloco & i rolled in friday around 4pm,once in the door we called elpato from san francisco to let him know we were in & to let us know when he rolls in the morning,we unpacked & headed to vendor row for fire wood....man we couldn't get the fire going :banghead: the wood was wet & green so we decided to go in the hauler & jorge taught me how to play poker i got the hang of it kick :flipoff: & beat him :clap: ...crashed out around 1am & around 6;40 pato called to tell us he was @ baker :ban-split: around 7:30 he calls & tells us his in & his unpacked so now we packed move over to there camp......man pato & his group are some cool :booty: people to hang with no thought we had a blast with every one there......pato & I headed to banshee hill around 12:15 to see who hell his grounds from all this :blah::blah: & man the 2 strokes were killing it hands down....after that the majority of the group rolled out to meet & greet,got to say :hello: to brittany & her group,seen jackster (nice seeing you again bro beaching camara),meet randyvw nice meeting you bro,& towers the end anna came & said hi to us(nice seeing you again anna),then we went for a ride......sat night jorge & i meet beach4 & her husband chris & her 2 boys man they are f n cool people we laugh or :booty: off :bs: all night also went by there camp sun morning before the drags & saw them again on sun night @ comp & stopped & chilled with them again....today in the morning we went for a am ride but headded back after 40 min man we were peat up from the choppy dunes then packed up & headed back home around 11:15...ill post some pics that i took in a bit f**k im tired...great weekend :isbb::ban-split:

This President's Day was wonderful but many friends could not go :( , and junior hey jorgeloco was glad to see them again hopefully we continue meeting there :beercheers: , hopefully we can go for 13 March with my friends and family to make a big :booty: group as the Halloween weekend, hey after mucho blah blah blah in the banshee hill that dominated :atv: was the banshee :headbang1: hey junior nice pictures.....

Couple Video Clips I shot out at Dumont over Presidents day weekend

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Couple Video Clips I shot out at Dumont over Presidents day weekend

Where was that bike jumping? That was sweet.

shut up shut up shut up !!!! you have no pics you cant prove nuthin !!!!!! :flipoff:

I can prove it Bob...I saw that rear paddle pass you on the way back to camp. Great to meet you. Too bad it was for that reason. Looked as though Capt got you taken care of.

Oh yeah...thanks to Capt for the drinks :D

Shaun

The weekend was awesome - well, for us it lasted a week! We arrived on Wednesday, just me and Blue Steel. We set up camp and had a few drinks! :flipoff:

Some of our crew arrived on Thursday, the rest on Friday. It was awesome to see Chopjaw and his 4 seater RZR! Welcome to the club! :ban-split: Thanks to Big Dave and Becki for getting us some propane for our BBQ, so we didn't go hungry! :ban-split: We had a great camp group! Everyone got along great!

We watched a little of the hill climbs, but didn't catch the drags. Didn't know that they were racing RZR's. Oh well, next time!

Had a fun time at the Meet & Greet. :isbb: I got to meet a few more DDR peeps. Missed the naked guy the first time he drove by, but got him the 2nd time around (he was too fast for the camera though)!

We got our new Mercedes flag - Woo Hoo! :beercheers: Had a few issues with the mount, but got it fixed thanks to the awesome folks at Dune Mart! :headbang1:

The last night was a blast. We went on a firewood safari and found bits and pieces left over from other camps. Had a huge burn! Chopjaw would have been proud!

We stayed until Tuesday morning. Went the Tecopa way. We heard about the cops in Tecopa, so didn't drip fresh water. I like the Tecopa way, but had no cell reception which created some issues for us.

All in all, it was a great weekend. Got to spend a lot of time with friends and family and saw a bunch of other friends, too! And - I got my Girl Scout Cookies!!! Thanks OGP!!! :headbang1:

Here are some pics...

The guys at camp...

post-1635-1266568795_thumb.jpg

Hanging out at the Hill climb

post-1635-1266568867_thumb.jpg

Meet & Greet pics...

post-1635-1266568906_thumb.jpg

post-1635-1266568919_thumb.jpg

post-1635-1266568944_thumb.jpg

post-1635-1266569141_thumb.jpg

North Pole

post-1635-1266568781_thumb.jpg

Nice Jump

post-1635-1266568890_thumb.jpg

Happy Birthday Blue Steel! :party:

post-1635-1266568769_thumb.jpg

How many peeps can fit in our trailer?

post-1635-1266569006_thumb.jpg

The mines (why does L Dog always have to stick out her tongue?)

post-1635-1266568959_thumb.jpg

Nice 4 seater RZR Chopjaw

post-1635-1266568991_thumb.jpg