Inyo PO POs in Tecopa Monday handing out tickets

Eliminator

here's more c...p to ad to the pile. Every vendor that goes to dumont that tows a trailer with inventory for sale inside of it, legally, has to have a cdl because they are considered a commercial vehicle.

I have mine since I tow my trlr with obvious advertising showing I'm a business and I tow with a tractor. Most all of the other vendors have been told of my exploits regarding having to get a cdl and most are ignoring the issue, hoping they won't get caught.

what no one here has addressed yet is the issue of the door sticker and weight.

If you are towing a trlr with 3 axles that are 6,000 pound capacity and that equals 18,000 pounds folks, and your door sticker on your pulling vehicle says 14,550 for example, you will be viewed as overweight sitting still.

I argued the point at the LV DMV Commercial license desk when attempting to get my cdl-a with my trlr and my dodge p/up. a supervisor was called in. A Sheriff was called in. A phone call was made to Carson City by the supervisor.

I was sent away and politely told to go home before I got cited for the obvious overweight since I have 3 6,000 pound axles and my p/up is only stickered from the factory for just over 14 or 15,000 pounds. I honestly can't remember what it's sticker says.

I mentioned the obvious to them all "you never looked inside, I don't have much weight in there, I planned for resale by having the trl built with 6's instead of 5's.

They said they wouldn't care if it was filled with ping pong balls, they pay attention to the stickers. Regarding the stickers and how it may not be readable. That's the responsibility of the trlr owner to maintain the integrity of the sticker just as a license plate. If you or an officer can't read it, it can be misconstrued to read higher which as i said above, can be to your detriment (overloaded by vehicle capacity). Or, it could be read lower which will also be to your detriment (overloaded by weight in vehicle).

It's all a pain in the a..s and it is not just there to generate revenue.

Believe me, if someone out there clobbers me and hospitalizes me, my lawyer will want to know what freight train did this to me and I'll mumble thru my full body wrap "check it the hell out and own them when it's over". Let's face it, it's a litigious society and everyone would want a piece if they got hit by someone not legal.

Avoid it and get legal. You'll be smarter and a better driver for it.

Do you want some inexperienced driver hauling overloaded without proper equipment hitting your rear end or your wife's rear end while she sits at the stop sign at the bottom of a hill?

get legal and quit bitchin. When you get a cdl, tell your insurance agent. it qualifies you for a policy wide discount on your vehicles.

that's enough from me.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats absolutely REATARDED. The gvw "door sticker" has NOTHING to do with what you tow......LOLOLOLOLOL.....These people should be fired.

GVW, first is only a manufacturers suggested gvw for warrantee coverage. In MANY states you simply pay for the weight plate you want.....regardless of the gvw of the towing vehicle. For instance many duallies in Texas are plated for 33k to 45k lbs.....

I can easily tow a 15k lb trailer with my 11k gvw dodge truck and NOT BE OVER 11k lbs on the truck. INFACT I have many weight slips, up to and including 35k lb total, that I was right at 11 k on my truck. I even made my front axle weight by like 40 lbs....that time.

You spoke to complete idiots. THE GVW of a tractor is NOT 80k lbs.....which is what they can legally tow.....This is just funny.

By what you were told, then my 7k lb dually can only tow a 4 k lb trailer........which isnt even a single car on an open car trailer....

idiots.

THe ONLY way to get an overweight fine is to be SCALED, each axle. Its way way easier to be over your tire weights (ussually front axle) or trailer tires then its is to be simply over weight. It why duallies exist....the pin weight that lands on the truck can put single rear wheel trucks over easy on the tires. If I load my 21500 lb trailer to capacity.....thats actually about 25500 if I disconnect the trailer from the truck. If loaded properly I put 4 k more lbs on my truck and stay just under my 11k truck gvw and that 4 k that is on my truck lowers my trailer weight back to 21500....so I dont go over weight. That puts the whole rig at about 33k lbs......and all axles legal, and the gvw of the truck and trailer legal.

Edited by 1320

Well I'm sorry it sounds retarded, but when you call the people that make the rules in Carson City @ the Motor Carrier Division, and they tell you what i said here, maybe you'll get it.

They answer to Federal Motor Carrier and enforce the rules throughout Nevada.

This has nothing to do with how easily you can or can't pull.

I am not saying I like it I am only saying it like it is. Whether or not anyone, much less you, want to believe it is up to you all.

Just make sure you don't ever hit me! Just so everyone understands that.

Edited by Doghouse

well I get my information from the guys t the weigh stations not the all knowing dmv. On my truck there is no sticker that says what it can or can not tow. The door sticker does have the gvw, for the truck....but it has zero to do with the trailer. In many states guys are towing virtually as much as they want, LEGALLY, because the state registers the truck for the weight they desire. If they want to scale 40k lbs....they just pay for a 40k plate registration, and guess what, they can drive to any state in the union.

Just stop at a weigh station and talk with the guys that write the tickets. The dmv information is just funny.

Oh, and I know two guys that pull for a living. Licensed, insured, inspected, weighed on every trip. They use dodge ram duallies to move cargo....three/4 car slant trailer (trailer alone is 12k ) , enclosed trailers, and 48 ft gn open trailers with duallies on the trailer.....all legal, every day.

They move 15k lb construction equipment on 15k lb trailers. The trailer gvw is like 36k....

You see all kinds of duallies moving three (sometimes 4) cars at a time on slant deck gn's on I 15 for business. They dont do it illegally. The cars alone are 12-15k lbs plus the trailer..............and they do it everyday.

Edited by 1320

snip

During a routine traffic stop...If you have a weapon in the car and you don't want them to search your vehicle simply get out of the vehicle with your paperwork in hand before they get up to you...only caution is getting out of the vehicle is going to put the cop on edge so make sure you are calm and keep your hands visible and wait for the cop to approach you, do not approach their vehicle. They have no reason to enter the vehicle to make the weapon safe if the weapon is not accessible to you. If you stay in the vehicle and declare you have a weapon they can only go into the immediate area in which you state the weapon is located, if it's in the center console they can only go into the center console.

Great theory....reality is somewhat different: I NEVER get out of the car unless requested to do so. I stick my hands out the window where the officer can see them. So if I'm handcuffed, standing in front of cruiser without any access to the center console and they tear the entire vehicle apart you would think that unreasonable....Not in Henderson in their eyes you declared a weapon and that's enough for them.

Oh and just fyi when a cop just runs your license plate the only info that comes back is DMV info, not your arrest history, warrants (unless a plate is linked to a warrant, info, stolen etc), firearms registration, etc. Those take more effort on their part and they don't always run those checks on routine traffic stops, they will usually only check dmv reg and warrants...of course all cops are different and all departments are different, but generally speaking. They use to not be able to check for gun registration on the computer, but I know they have changed the firearms registry and database since I worked there and I don't know what they can do now. I was stopped in Henderson just before the new year and he did extra checks on me that they normally don't do and still didn't mention my firearm registration, he did find that I had a 'P' number which is how I knew he ran the extra checks.

Used to be true but it appears the databases have been updated. I've been stopped when the officer didn't have time or any reason run anything but my plate. He asked if there was a weapon in the vehicle and I told him no because there wasn't. He said "the reason I asked is that it showed you had a permit which comes up now." I think Metro added it to their database. Metro has never supported "must issue" anyway although that's their boss's lobbying in Carson City and not all of the street cops views.

Eli

I have buddys that are cops in vegas and they suggest not exiting the vehicle.......this does not go over well, you will either be ordered back into your vehicle or place infront of a patrol vehicle. If you are infront of a patrol car you are now going to be patted down for weapons. Cops main concern is being safe and when you exit the vehicle this creates a possible officer safety problem.

Also just because someone has a ccw that does that not mean the cops are going to search the car, that does not make sense. A ccw holder has to be generally a upstanding citizen so why would a cop want to search that vehicle, more than likely they do not have anything to hide.

First Don't exit the vehicle, stick your hands out the window. Two kinds of people do that...felons and permit holders. The cop will figure out which you are fast enough. Felons don't normally declare weapons they aren't supposed to have:)

Second My point exactly Vegas hasn't started this........yet. Your buddies don't appear to be dumb as a pile of rocks. Some others....not so much.

Eli

Edited by eli

Jim got an email from the DMV today ref the J endorcement process, they said you have to take a written test to get a permit first then make an appt for the driving skills test. They said not all DMV locations do the driving test so you have to check which locations have someone qualified and make an appt with them. They didn't say how long you had to have the permit for before you could take the skills test or what kind of restrictions came with the permit or anything like that.

I took the written test today at the Henderson DMV, the test is 20 questions and you can miss 4 questions. I did very little studing of the J&R endorcement handbook and passed. Next they will give you a permit that is good for one year, you can still get a ticket with the permit. You will need to call the North Vegas office to schedule your drive test. After Wed 2/24/10 the requirements for information you need to supply changes. You will be required to Have a orignal birth certificate or passport, your SSN card and 2 forms of proff of your address (bills that are mailed to your house in your name) Make sure you take this information with you or they will turn you around. The reason that I was given about this new requirement is due to Homeland security.

I took the written test today at the Henderson DMV, the test is 20 questions and you can miss 4 questions. I did very little studing of the J&R endorcement handbook and passed. Next they will give you a permit that is good for one year, you can still get a ticket with the permit. You will need to call the North Vegas office to schedule your drive test. After Wed 2/24/10 the requirements for information you need to supply changes. You will be required to Have a orignal birth certificate or passport, your SSN card and 2 forms of proff of your address (bills that are mailed to your house in your name) Make sure you take this information with you or they will turn you around. The reason that I was given about this new requirement is due to Homeland security.

Thanks for the info on that stuff. What did they charge you to take the test?

When you say .. you can still get a ticket... do you mean for like speeding or can and will you get a ticket for not having the endorsement because your still in permit stage?

You confussed me.. lol.. sometimes its not hard

Capt

I have buddys that are cops in vegas and they suggest not exiting the vehicle.......this does not go over well, you will either be ordered back into your vehicle or place infront of a patrol vehicle. If you are infront of a patrol car you are now going to be patted down for weapons. Cops main concern is being safe and when you exit the vehicle this creates a possible officer safety problem.

Also just because someone has a ccw that does that not mean the cops are going to search the car, that does not make sense. A ccw holder has to be generally a upstanding citizen so why would a cop want to search that vehicle, more than likely they do not have anything to hide.

Vehicle stops are the #1 most dangerous thing a cop does. Someone inside a vehicle is an officer safety issue itself. Exiting the vehicle is a concern because it is not the norm and when someone does something that most other people don't do it puts the cop more on edge, but every cop on every car stop is already concerned. More officers die on car stops than any other on duty situation.

If you choose to exit your vehicle for whatever your reason may be, do so slowly with your hands in view at all times and do NOT walk towards the patrol car or reach back into the vehicle once you are out.

Think about this..someone gets out of the veh following the above procedure and the cop orders them to the front of their patrol car while maintaining cover at their door, with their weapon drawn if they feel the need...is that safer than...someone in the veh, say the windows are dark tinted, it's night and they stopped where there isn't much light, its a truck so it sits higher than the patrol car thus reducing the officers view of movements inside (that was the scene when I got stopped in dec), the officer has to leave all forms of cover and walk towards the veh while the occupants watch the officer, who then arrives at the door without any cover and weapon still in holster...

The procedure for if someone exits the vehicle on a car stop is to NOT allow that person to re-enter the vehicle and to call the person to the front of the patrol car. It is more dangerous for the person to be in the vehicle than out of it and standing at the patrol car. But not all departments have the same procedures and not all cops follow the procedures. Once you are at the front of the car you may be patted down for weapons without your consent, but they may not complete a search of your person unless you are being arrested or you give consent. Once you are out of the vehicle they have no reason to enter it and complete a search, unless you are going to jail, plain view, consent, or PC. They won't have PC to search if they stopped you for a traffic violation and not because 'your vehicle matches the description of' unless they think they can get away with it and don't think you know your rights.

Text book what to do on a vehicle stop is....immediately signal and pull to the right, stop the vehicle, place in park, roll down the drivers window and rear drivers side window if equipped, turn on the dome light if its night time, place hands on steering wheel till officer arrives....not many people actually do this though and cops are use to people not being predictable or doing what they are supposed to, they train to prepare for those situations.

I have buddies in Metro too, but the difference is I also have a P# myself and I know what it is like to be in the patrol car making a traffic stop and not knowing what to expect :blink: .

Great theory....reality is somewhat different: I NEVER get out of the car unless requested to do so. I stick my hands out the window where the officer can see them. So if I'm handcuffed, standing in front of cruiser without any access to the center console and they tear the entire vehicle apart you would think that unreasonable....Not in Henderson in their eyes you declared a weapon and that's enough for them.

Used to be true but it appears the databases have been updated. I've been stopped when the officer didn't have time or any reason run anything but my plate. He asked if there was a weapon in the vehicle and I told him no because there wasn't. He said "the reason I asked is that it showed you had a permit which comes up now." I think Metro added it to their database. Metro has never supported "must issue" anyway although that's their boss's lobbying in Carson City and not all of the street cops views.

Eli

It's personal preference, like I stated IF you do decide to exit the vehicle for whatever reasons you have, do so slowly and keep your hands in view, yes it will make the cop uncomfortable. If you have exited the vehicle and have no reason to re-enter the vehicle, which is why I said have your paperwork accessible..the cops have no reason to search your vehicle unless you are being taken to jail or you have something illegal in plain view. It doesn't matter if you declare a weapon or not, if you are not in the vehicle they can not enter it and if they do the only area they can access is the immediate location of the weapon. If you are not in the vehicle then do not declare the weapon, if they ask say no, if they ask consent to search say no. They do not have PC to search a vehicle for a traffic stop, which is why I said they are to tell you the reason for the stop upon initial contact, if they don't then ask. If you are concerned that you will be arrested and you do not want them to access you vehicle.. if you get pulled over, pull into some place and park legally, so when they take you to jail they can't tow (hence enter) your vehicle.

I live in Henderson also and I've been stopped by HPD, I have 2 gun permits and I'm listed in their database as prior law enforcement from LVMPD. Each time I was stopped they knew nothing about me (the last time was 2 months ago) until they went back to their vehicle to run their checks and he still never questioned a weapon.

If you know the laws and know your rights and the officer knows that you are knowledgable they are going to be less likely to take advantage of you...and that is exactly how they get away with what they do, because people don't know any better and are hesitant to speak up to a cop. You think you aren't being treated fairly request the supervisor, note the officers name and ask for their P#...if they don't give you any info and don't cite you or arrest you, but you don't think you are treated fairly or legally then call IAB...internal affairs and give them the time of stop and location and description, tell them you want to be advised of the outcome and get a ref # and name. You may not think IAB will follow-up on one of their own, but you would be surprised. I've had to make statements on investigations on officers from situations I wouldn't have thought would be investigated.

I'll confirm with metro this week if gun registration is linked to vehicle registration or if it has to be searched seperately. I'm pretty sure it is all seperate searches, there is pages of info that comes up from a simple plate query, if they linked everything to a plate search they would be overwhelmed with pages of info. I use to run plate after plate 10-20 at a time and just wait for a 'hit', the dispatcher would get my 'hit' before I would because I was busy scanning through 2-4 pages for each plate I ran and that was just registration info and stolen info. They have different databases for searches, DMV, NCIC, NCJIS and SCOPE, each of those provides specific info and you can't (or you couldn't) run 1 search and get it all back. It doesn't take very long to get the returns when the system is running properly. It's not my theory it's my real life experience.

:woo_hoo: But back on the track a bit...if you are carrying a gun to Cali you should probably check out the laws and know your rights. The reason I stated how to avoid having your vehicle searched was to help out any of those law abiding, good people, fellow duners, who happen to take a gun with them to the dunes.

I'm pretty sure NV is not sharing gun registration info with other states, but I'll check on that also.

Awesome, thanks for the info :blink: .

When you say .. you can still get a ticket... do you mean for like speeding or can and will you get a ticket for not having the endorsement because your still in permit stage?

Capt

I'm not understanding the ticket part either.... Like with a driving permit you have to have a licensed driver with you, are there restrictions on the towing permit?

David, I'm good at written tests, so I'll go take it first then tell you (and Jim ;) ) what the important stuff to know is :woo_hoo: .

Awesome, thanks for the info :blink: .

I'm not understanding the ticket part either.... Like with a driving permit you have to have a licensed driver with you, are there restrictions on the towing permit?

David, I'm good at written tests, so I'll go take it first then tell you (and Jim ;) ) what the important stuff to know is :woo_hoo: .

Lol ... ok let me know when you are done LMAO.....its 20 questions lol how hard can it be.... I have played this game with my mom and dad through the years and now again with my kids lol... pfft 20 questions lol

Capt

Capt

What I was trying to say was that as long as you only have the permit you are required to have some who has the endorsement in the vehicle with you. If you are pulled over and no one with you has the endorsement you can be issued a ticket. The question I need to get answered is can you show up for the drive test without someone who has the endorsement? Hopefuly they can answer that for me when I call and scheduled the drive test.

Vehicle stops are the #1 most dangerous thing a cop does. Someone inside a vehicle is an officer safety issue itself. Exiting the vehicle is a concern because it is not the norm and when someone does something that most other people don't do it puts the cop more on edge, but every cop on every car stop is already concerned. More officers die on car stops than any other on duty situation.

If you choose to exit your vehicle for whatever your reason may be, do so slowly with your hands in view at all times and do NOT walk towards the patrol car or reach back into the vehicle once you are out.

Think about this..someone gets out of the veh following the above procedure and the cop orders them to the front of their patrol car while maintaining cover at their door, with their weapon drawn if they feel the need...is that safer than...someone in the veh, say the windows are dark tinted, it's night and they stopped where there isn't much light, its a truck so it sits higher than the patrol car thus reducing the officers view of movements inside (that was the scene when I got stopped in dec), the officer has to leave all forms of cover and walk towards the veh while the occupants watch the officer, who then arrives at the door without any cover and weapon still in holster...

The procedure for if someone exits the vehicle on a car stop is to NOT allow that person to re-enter the vehicle and to call the person to the front of the patrol car. It is more dangerous for the person to be in the vehicle than out of it and standing at the patrol car. But not all departments have the same procedures and not all cops follow the procedures. Once you are at the front of the car you may be patted down for weapons without your consent, but they may not complete a search of your person unless you are being arrested or you give consent. Once you are out of the vehicle they have no reason to enter it and complete a search, unless you are going to jail, plain view, consent, or PC. They won't have PC to search if they stopped you for a traffic violation and not because 'your vehicle matches the description of' unless they think they can get away with it and don't think you know your rights.

Text book what to do on a vehicle stop is....immediately signal and pull to the right, stop the vehicle, place in park, roll down the drivers window and rear drivers side window if equipped, turn on the dome light if its night time, place hands on steering wheel till officer arrives....not many people actually do this though and cops are use to people not being predictable or doing what they are supposed to, they train to prepare for those situations.

I have buddies in Metro too, but the difference is I also have a P# myself and I know what it is like to be in the patrol car making a traffic stop and not knowing what to expect :thumb: .

It's personal preference, like I stated IF you do decide to exit the vehicle for whatever reasons you have, do so slowly and keep your hands in view, yes it will make the cop uncomfortable. If you have exited the vehicle and have no reason to re-enter the vehicle, which is why I said have your paperwork accessible..the cops have no reason to search your vehicle unless you are being taken to jail or you have something illegal in plain view. It doesn't matter if you declare a weapon or not, if you are not in the vehicle they can not enter it and if they do the only area they can access is the immediate location of the weapon. If you are not in the vehicle then do not declare the weapon, if they ask say no, if they ask consent to search say no. They do not have PC to search a vehicle for a traffic stop, which is why I said they are to tell you the reason for the stop upon initial contact, if they don't then ask. If you are concerned that you will be arrested and you do not want them to access you vehicle.. if you get pulled over, pull into some place and park legally, so when they take you to jail they can't tow (hence enter) your vehicle.

I live in Henderson also and I've been stopped by HPD, I have 2 gun permits and I'm listed in their database as prior law enforcement from LVMPD. Each time I was stopped they knew nothing about me (the last time was 2 months ago) until they went back to their vehicle to run their checks and he still never questioned a weapon.

If you know the laws and know your rights and the officer knows that you are knowledgable they are going to be less likely to take advantage of you...and that is exactly how they get away with what they do, because people don't know any better and are hesitant to speak up to a cop. You think you aren't being treated fairly request the supervisor, note the officers name and ask for their P#...if they don't give you any info and don't cite you or arrest you, but you don't think you are treated fairly or legally then call IAB...internal affairs and give them the time of stop and location and description, tell them you want to be advised of the outcome and get a ref # and name. You may not think IAB will follow-up on one of their own, but you would be surprised. I've had to make statements on investigations on officers from situations I wouldn't have thought would be investigated.

I'll confirm with metro this week if gun registration is linked to vehicle registration or if it has to be searched seperately. I'm pretty sure it is all seperate searches, there is pages of info that comes up from a simple plate query, if they linked everything to a plate search they would be overwhelmed with pages of info. I use to run plate after plate 10-20 at a time and just wait for a 'hit', the dispatcher would get my 'hit' before I would because I was busy scanning through 2-4 pages for each plate I ran and that was just registration info and stolen info. They have different databases for searches, DMV, NCIC, NCJIS and SCOPE, each of those provides specific info and you can't (or you couldn't) run 1 search and get it all back. It doesn't take very long to get the returns when the system is running properly. It's not my theory it's my real life experience.

:laughoff: But back on the track a bit...if you are carrying a gun to Cali you should probably check out the laws and know your rights. The reason I stated how to avoid having your vehicle searched was to help out any of those law abiding, good people, fellow duners, who happen to take a gun with them to the dunes.

I'm pretty sure NV is not sharing gun registration info with other states, but I'll check on that also.

ok this might be :beercheers: , but what would u recommend i should do if i get puled over and Gauge, Coral and Sandy are in the vehicle? obviously i cant roll down the window all the way,

also from what i understand is that when traveling with a weapon in ca, ammo and gun have to be seperated, so no clip or 1 in the chamber, i could be wrong :lol::dayum:

I wonder if they are also on the look out for TH's who's payments haven't been made and are looking to pick up some repossesions? IDK how all that works.. it's just a thought. :laughoff:

That is considered a 'civil' matter not a 'criminal' matter, cops do not get involved in repos at all.

ok this might be :beercheers: , but what would u recommend i should do if i get puled over and Gauge, Coral and Sandy are in the vehicle? obviously i cant roll down the window all the way,

also from what i understand is that when traveling with a weapon in ca, ammo and gun have to be seperated, so no clip or 1 in the chamber, i could be wrong :lol::dayum:

If you do not roll down the back window they will usually ask you to do it as they get to the rear of the vehicle, so at that time you could advise them that there are 3 ferocious dogs in the back of the vehicle. I had to do this in AZ for the highway patrol when I had Chubby in the back seat, he was really cool about it.

Eli.....I just confirmed with a Metro detective... CCW info is available on the SCOPE system which means it is not linked to a license query, the officer has to take your name and enter it into another program to get that info, SCOPE also provides arrest history for NV. SCOPE is a NV specific program, so that means CCW info is not shared with other states....so if pulled over in CA they could not access your CCW info. Gun registration info is not accessible on the computers in the patrol cars they have to make a phone call to check that info still.

It is completely possible for an officer to run your plate, get your name and put it into the other programs before they pull you over. It literally takes less than a minute for them to get the info returns if the systems are running properly.

I just checked also... Metro is again doing civilian ride alongs, lots of practical knowledge gained by doing a couple of those.

I have buddies in Metro too, but the difference is I also have a P# myself and I know what it is like to be in the patrol car making a traffic stop and not knowing what to expect :dayum: .

:lol: But back on the track a bit...if you are carrying a gun to Cali you should probably check out the laws and know your rights. The reason I stated how to avoid having your vehicle searched was to help out any of those law abiding, good people, fellow duners, who happen to take a gun with them to the dunes.

obviously, they are not too worried about it since they are pulling people over for pulling a load that is too heavy? regardless, this is harassment plain and simple. they really don't have just cause but the long hand of the law can make up one to suit their intentions. They are kinda like the BLM, how about pulling over the guys in buggies that go 90 next to camps instead of the kid that broke his whip and gets a ticket. :beercheers::laughoff:

obviously, they are not too worried about it since they are pulling people over for pulling a load that is too heavy? regardless, this is harassment plain and simple. they really don't have just cause but the long hand of the law can make up one to suit their intentions. They are kinda like the BLM, how about pulling over the guys in buggies that go 90 next to camps instead of the kid that broke his whip and gets a ticket. :beercheers::laughoff:

They aren't too worried about what?? :lol:

There is a difference if they say they are pulling you over because your load is too heavy, or because you were speeding, or because your trailer matches the description of one used in a crime. Everyone says every time they get pulled over it is harrassment, well don't do anything wrong and you don't have anything to be concerned about, right? But people need to know what is right and what is wrong that the cops are doing, so they can fight the tickets and make a point back to CHP and Tecopa that they will not allow themselves to be harrassed. But yes CHP and Tecopa are blantly harassing people going through Tecopa because the town of Tecopa does not want us driving through their town, this isn't the first time there has been an issue there. They are writing tickets that should not hold up in court under the hope that us out of towners with all kinds of expensive toys will just write them a nice check and they will make their $$ and maybe in the process they will please the people of Tecopa if more people start using other routes to get to/from the dunes. Some of these people who get tickets just assume that what the cop says must be the law that a cop wouldn't write a ticket for something that isn't illegal, well it isn't true cause they will write the ticket anyway, nothing happens to them if the ticket gets thrown out so why shouldn't they try and make some money off people who don't know any better. So the point is, don't just take the ticket and send a check, research the violation yourself and fight it, go to court, make a complaint to the department, raise hell! That's the only thing that will make the harassment stop, know your rights, know the law and do something about the unfair treatment.

I think we all agree it's a bunch of BS and we could complain all day long on the internet about how the LE does their jobs, but that isn't going to change anything.

Edited by Foxysandchick

also from what i understand is that when traveling with a weapon in ca, ammo and gun have to be seperated, so no clip or 1 in the chamber, i could be wrong :laughoff::lol:

Gun laws in CA....Yes, it can not be loaded and has to be in a locked compartment.

So, unloaded and stored in the trailer would be legal.

A NV CCW is not valid in CA.

Loaded Firearms in a Public Place

It is unlawful to carry a loaded firearm on one’s person or in a vehicle while in any public

place, on any public street, or in any place where it is unlawful to discharge a firearm.

(Penal Code § 12031(a)(1).)

A firearm is deemed loaded when there is a live cartridge or shell in, or attached in any

manner to, the firearm, including, but not limited to, the firing chamber, magazine, or clip

thereof attached to the firearm. A muzzle-loading firearm is deemed loaded when it is

capped or primed and has a powder charge and ball or shot in the barrel or cylinder. (Penal

Code § 12031(g).)

It is unlawful for the driver of any motor vehicle, or the owner of any motor vehicle

irrespective of whether the owner is occupying the vehicle, to knowingly permit any

person to carry a loaded firearm in the vehicle in violation of Penal Code section 12031, or

Fish and Game Code section 2006. (Penal Code § 12034.) Also, see “Other Prohibited

Acts,” page 49.

In order to determine whether a firearm is loaded, peace officers are authorized to examine

any firearm carried by anyone on his or her person or in a vehicle while in any public

place, on any public street, or in any prohibited area of an unincorporated territory.

Refusal to allow a peace officer to inspect a firearm pursuant to these provisions is, in

itself, grounds for arrest. (Penal Code § 12031

Loaded Firearms, individuals may not carry or transport a loaded firearm. The firearm should be unloaded and placed in the trunk of the vehicle, or if the vehicle has no trunk, placed in a fully enclosed secure locked

container other than the utility or glove compartment of a motor vehicle (Penal Code §§ 12026.1, 12027.)

I will be offering a "drive you through Tecopa" service. Pick me up at the 127 and old spanish trail. I will drive your rig through Tecopa. Reservations aren't required but are suggested. Price for this service is to be determined by weight and size of your set up. Smuggling of illegal's and/or bad stuff is extra! :beercheers:

I will be offering a "drive you through Tecopa" service. Pick me up at the 127 and old spanish trail. I will drive your rig through Tecopa. Reservations aren't required but are suggested. Price for this service is to be determined by weight and size of your set up. Smuggling of illegal's and/or bad stuff is extra! :beercheers:

:laughoff::lol::dayum: