Inyo PO POs in Tecopa Monday handing out tickets

Eliminator

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be offering a "drive you through Tecopa" service. Pick me up at the 127 and old spanish trail. I will drive your rig through Tecopa. Reservations aren't required but are suggested. Price for this service is to be determined by weight and size of your set up. Smuggling of illegal's and/or bad stuff is extra! :lol:

That's frickin hilarious! Do you offer a signature proof of delivery confirmation? Or is that extra? Will a rural fee also apply since it's Tecopa??

This might be a service I could sell!

:lol::clap: :clap:

Edited by Kitcat

Gun laws in CA....Yes, it can not be loaded and has to be in a locked compartment.

So, unloaded and stored in the trailer would be legal.

A NV CCW is not valid in CA.

Loaded Firearms in a Public Place

It is unlawful to carry a loaded firearm on one’s person or in a vehicle while in any public

place, on any public street, or in any place where it is unlawful to discharge a firearm.

(Penal Code § 12031(a)(1).)

A firearm is deemed loaded when there is a live cartridge or shell in, or attached in any

manner to, the firearm, including, but not limited to, the firing chamber, magazine, or clip

thereof attached to the firearm. A muzzle-loading firearm is deemed loaded when it is

capped or primed and has a powder charge and ball or shot in the barrel or cylinder. (Penal

Code § 12031(g).)

It is unlawful for the driver of any motor vehicle, or the owner of any motor vehicle

irrespective of whether the owner is occupying the vehicle, to knowingly permit any

person to carry a loaded firearm in the vehicle in violation of Penal Code section 12031, or

Fish and Game Code section 2006. (Penal Code § 12034.) Also, see “Other Prohibited

Acts,” page 49.

In order to determine whether a firearm is loaded, peace officers are authorized to examine

any firearm carried by anyone on his or her person or in a vehicle while in any public

place, on any public street, or in any prohibited area of an unincorporated territory.

Refusal to allow a peace officer to inspect a firearm pursuant to these provisions is, in

itself, grounds for arrest. (Penal Code § 12031

Loaded Firearms, individuals may not carry or transport a loaded firearm. The firearm should be unloaded and placed in the trunk of the vehicle, or if the vehicle has no trunk, placed in a fully enclosed secure locked

container other than the utility or glove compartment of a motor vehicle (Penal Code §§ 12026.1, 12027.)

depends on apples and oranges. the law has 2 points. 1-moving a firearm in a vehicle as above 2-having a loaded firearm in your motorhome(not moving and living in it) or in your toyhauler(again not moving and living in it). they each have specific laws since they are different. I can have my weapon in my motorhome at the dunes and be ready to fire, it does not have to be in a locked container.

the laws are different from transportation as opposed to a home, motel room, mh or toyhauler you are living in.

just more food for thought--aint this fun

They aren't too worried about what?? :lol:

There is a difference if they say they are pulling you over because your load is too heavy, or because you were speeding, or because your trailer matches the description of one used in a crime. Everyone says every time they get pulled over it is harrassment, well don't do anything wrong and you don't have anything to be concerned about, right? But people need to know what is right and what is wrong that the cops are doing, so they can fight the tickets and make a point back to CHP and Tecopa that they will not allow themselves to be harrassed. But yes CHP and Tecopa are blantly harassing people going through Tecopa because the town of Tecopa does not want us driving through their town, this isn't the first time there has been an issue there. They are writing tickets that should not hold up in court under the hope that us out of towners with all kinds of expensive toys will just write them a nice check and they will make their $$ and maybe in the process they will please the people of Tecopa if more people start using other routes to get to/from the dunes. Some of these people who get tickets just assume that what the cop says must be the law that a cop wouldn't write a ticket for something that isn't illegal, well it isn't true cause they will write the ticket anyway, nothing happens to them if the ticket gets thrown out so why shouldn't they try and make some money off people who don't know any better. So the point is, don't just take the ticket and send a check, research the violation yourself and fight it, go to court, make a complaint to the department, raise hell! That's the only thing that will make the harassment stop, know your rights, know the law and do something about the unfair treatment.

I think we all agree it's a bunch of BS and we could complain all day long on the internet about how the LE does their jobs, but that isn't going to change anything.

they are not too worried about someone having a weapon on them if they are pulling over for stupid things like trailer weight.

ps-why do I want to go through all that hassle and then have to go go court in cal to prove my innocence when I was doing nothing wrong to be pulled over in the first place. I dont thing placing 5 patrol cars in tecopa is money well spent. how about going and getting the bad guys with that wasted manpower. :clown:

Just because you wait to pull over to a parking lot does not mean Metro can't tow your vehicle. The longer it takes to pull over the more the officer thinks you have something to hide also.

Please explain under what circumstances on a routine traffic stop that Metro can tow your vehicle.

Don't just make a statement that is based on your own opinion, back it up.

If you get pulled over for say speeding which is probably the most common violation and you know you are going to jail, most common reason is having a warrant, and you legally park and secure you vehicle and exit the vehicle...how can Metro legally tow it??

You want to know why vehicles get towed on traffic stops where the driver goes to jail? It's because the vehicle is usually parked illegally and gets towed as a 'traffic hazard' for safekeeping.

depends on apples and oranges. the law has 2 points. 1-moving a firearm in a vehicle as above 2-having a loaded firearm in your motorhome(not moving and living in it) or in your toyhauler(again not moving and living in it). they each have specific laws since they are different. I can have my weapon in my motorhome at the dunes and be ready to fire, it does not have to be in a locked container.

the laws are different from transportation as opposed to a home, motel room, mh or toyhauler you are living in.

just more food for thought--aint this fun

Above is in reference to driving your vehicle in pocession of a firearm not while camping in your trailer and having it, yes there is a different law for that...but the discussion is reference traffic stops to/from Dumont.

In reference to having a firearm in your trailer at the dunes...

"It is unlawful to carry a loaded rifle, shotgun, or handgun in any public place or on any public street in an incorporated area or an area where firing a firearm is prohibited." It is illegal to fire a firearm at Dumont, but there is an exception...

"A person carrying a firearm while at home or at his place of business, including temporary residences and campsites."

Open Carry Laws in CA (I can't access the link above)

[edit] Open Carry Laws

Personal possession (i.e. carry) of a loaded firearm is prohibited in incorporated areas (such as inside city limits) or prohibited areas of unincorporated territory without a license to carry or other exemption provided for by law.[15] A license to carry "loaded and exposed" may be issued by a Police Chief or County Sheriff in a county with population of less than 200,000 persons at the last census.[16] No license or permit is required to openly carry a loaded firearm in unincorporated areas where discharge is not prohibited by local ordinance. (Discharge is prohibited in Dumont)

Despite these restrictions, there is no section of the California penal code that specifically prohibits open carry of an unloaded handgun (though possession may be restricted or prohibited in certain areas such as a State Park (CCR Title 14, Div.3, chap. 1, s 4313 (a), in a school zone (PC626.9) or federal properties like a Post Office or National Park (36 C.F.R. 2.4(a)).

Carrying a loaded magazine separate from the handgun is also not prohibited under the penal code (Subdivision (g) of California Penal Code 12031 defines what constitutes a loaded weapon).

they are not too worried about someone having a weapon on them if they are pulling over for stupid things like trailer weight.

ps-why do I want to go through all that hassle and then have to go go court in cal to prove my innocence when I was doing nothing wrong to be pulled over in the first place. I dont thing placing 5 patrol cars in tecopa is money well spent. how about going and getting the bad guys with that wasted manpower. :clown:

LE is always concerned about someone having a weapon. They have to pull people over for the 'stupid' reasons to get the bigger crimes, they can't pull you over just to check to see if you are carrying a weapon.

But like someone mentioned above he always declares pocession of a weapon during a traffic stop, so shouldn't he know the risks he is taking by doing so while not carrying it legally?

Obviously the Inyo cops are writing rediculous tickets that won't stand up in court, so would you put it past them to mess with someone for firearms violations? They are already doing illegal searches of peoples vehicles and trailers.

Nobody wants to go through any of that hassle, but if the cops want to pull you over they are going to find a reason even if you think you are not doing anything wrong. So, if you happen to fall victim to these cops in Tecopa wouldn't you want to be educated so that you can do something about it, defend yourself and stop this from happening in the future.

Please explain under what circumstances on a routine traffic stop that Metro can tow your vehicle.

Don't just make a statement that is based on your own opinion, back it up.

If you get pulled over for say speeding which is probably the most common violation and you know you are going to jail, most common reason is having a warrant, and you legally park and secure you vehicle and exit the vehicle...how can Metro legally tow it??

You want to know why vehicles get towed on traffic stops where the driver goes to jail? It's because the vehicle is usually parked illegally and gets towed as a 'traffic hazard' for safekeeping.

Above is in reference to driving your vehicle in pocession of a firearm not while camping in your trailer and having it, yes there is a different law for that...but the discussion is reference traffic stops to/from Dumont.

In reference to having a firearm in your trailer at the dunes...

"It is unlawful to carry a loaded rifle, shotgun, or handgun in any public place or on any public street in an incorporated area or an area where firing a firearm is prohibited." It is illegal to fire a firearm at Dumont, but there is an exception...

"A person carrying a firearm while at home or at his place of business, including temporary residences and campsites."

Open Carry Laws in CA (I can't access the link above)

[edit] Open Carry Laws

Personal possession (i.e. carry) of a loaded firearm is prohibited in incorporated areas (such as inside city limits) or prohibited areas of unincorporated territory without a license to carry or other exemption provided for by law.[15] A license to carry "loaded and exposed" may be issued by a Police Chief or County Sheriff in a county with population of less than 200,000 persons at the last census.[16] No license or permit is required to openly carry a loaded firearm in unincorporated areas where discharge is not prohibited by local ordinance. (Discharge is prohibited in Dumont)

Despite these restrictions, there is no section of the California penal code that specifically prohibits open carry of an unloaded handgun (though possession may be restricted or prohibited in certain areas such as a State Park (CCR Title 14, Div.3, chap. 1, s 4313 (a), in a school zone (PC626.9) or federal properties like a Post Office or National Park (36 C.F.R. 2.4(a)).

Carrying a loaded magazine separate from the handgun is also not prohibited under the penal code (Subdivision (g) of California Penal Code 12031 defines what constitutes a loaded weapon).

LE is always concerned about someone having a weapon. They have to pull people over for the 'stupid' reasons to get the bigger crimes, they can't pull you over just to check to see if you are carrying a weapon.

But like someone mentioned above he always declares pocession of a weapon during a traffic stop, so shouldn't he know the risks he is taking by doing so while not carrying it legally?

Obviously the Inyo cops are writing rediculous tickets that won't stand up in court, so would you put it past them to mess with someone for firearms violations? They are already doing illegal searches of peoples vehicles and trailers.

Nobody wants to go through any of that hassle, but if the cops want to pull you over they are going to find a reason even if you think you are not doing anything wrong. So, if you happen to fall victim to these cops in Tecopa wouldn't you want to be educated so that you can do something about it, defend yourself and stop this from happening in the future.

ok, I know all the laws. are YOU saying its ok to have a loaded weapon in my parked motorhome at dumont.? hope so, cuz it is. I can use it to defend myself just cant use it for target practice at the dunes. you also can carry unloaded weapon in car in cal if in trunk or in lockbox in trunk or on seat next to you. thats is in nutshell. dont need anymore on this one. thanks for the fun. :lol:

That is considered a 'civil' matter not a 'criminal' matter, cops do not get involved in repos at all.

If you do not roll down the back window they will usually ask you to do it as they get to the rear of the vehicle, so at that time you could advise them that there are 3 ferocious dogs in the back of the vehicle. I had to do this in AZ for the highway patrol when I had Chubby in the back seat, he was really cool about it.

Eli.....I just confirmed with a Metro detective... CCW info is available on the SCOPE system which means it is not linked to a license query, the officer has to take your name and enter it into another program to get that info, SCOPE also provides arrest history for NV. SCOPE is a NV specific program, so that means CCW info is not shared with other states....so if pulled over in CA they could not access your CCW info. Gun registration info is not accessible on the computers in the patrol cars they have to make a phone call to check that info still.

It is completely possible for an officer to run your plate, get your name and put it into the other programs before they pull you over. It literally takes less than a minute for them to get the info returns if the systems are running properly.

I just checked also... Metro is again doing civilian ride alongs, lots of practical knowledge gained by doing a couple of those.

Foxy

I think you miss-understood. I never said CCW info was shared by other states. Nor would I never suggest carrying a weapon in the communist state of CA. My concern is that declaring a weapon in Nevada does not entitle the LEO to do a illegal search of your vehicle. Further if LEO's continue to do so traffic stops become MORE dangerous because you have to decide if the LEO is an a$$.... or not before declaring a weapon. Hassling permit holders is a really bad idea. They aren't required to declare and won't if this crap continues.

Questionable searches piss people off.....be it in Nevada or Tecopa CA. IMHO Citing for open container in the trash in a trailer also crosses the line. If you carry a badge or ever carried one that crap damages YOU. Don't you have to consider that on that next traffic stop lack of respect for the badge could become an issue?

As for the ride along.....I've seen more than enough of the world through those windows.

Eli

ok, I know all the laws. are YOU saying its ok to have a loaded weapon in my parked motorhome at dumont.? hope so, cuz it is. I can use it to defend myself just cant use it for target practice at the dunes. you also can carry unloaded weapon in car in cal if in trunk or in lockbox in trunk or on seat next to you. thats is in nutshell. dont need anymore on this one. thanks for the fun. :beercheers:

Yes that is what it all says :DDRrocks: .

I'm not saying it is legal, the info on the law I provided says it is.

Foxy

I think you miss-understood. I never said CCW info was shared by other states. Nor would I never suggest carrying a weapon in the communist state of CA. My concern is that declaring a weapon in Nevada does not entitle the LEO to do a illegal search of your vehicle. Further if LEO's continue to do so traffic stops become MORE dangerous because you have to decide if the LEO is an a$$.... or not before declaring a weapon. Hassling permit holders is a really bad idea. They aren't required to declare and won't if this crap continues.

Questionable searches piss people off.....be it in Nevada or Tecopa CA. IMHO Citing for open container in the trash in a trailer also crosses the line. If you carry a badge or ever carried one that crap damages YOU. Don't you have to consider that on that next traffic stop lack of respect for the badge could become an issue?

As for the ride along.....I've seen more than enough of the world through those windows.

Eli

I didn't misunderstand, you said that CCW info was linked with DMV info, if a cop runs your plate he will know if you have a CCW...that is not correct, that is the information I verified with Metro. CCW info is available on the computer, but it is accessed through a completely seperate search that the cop has to do and is specific to NV.

I followed up to that info to make sure that in CA they could not access your CCW or gun registration info, because if like you said and it was linked in with a license plate query then all other states would also have access to that info.

The rest wasn't directed to you..I completely agree with you... in regards to cops performing illegal searches in NV and Cali, guess what...they have always done it and are going to continue to do it! Why, because they get away with it and they get away with it because people do not educate themselves on the law and how to deal with LE and protect their rights...and how many ever do anything about it, not many. So, there are steps you can take to protect yourself from unreasonable and illegal searches by LE in both NV and CA and that is the info I was sharing.

I agree, everything the cops are doing in Tecopa is complete BS, but is anyone who was affected going to do anything about it or it is just going to keep happening?? Like I said, what if any of you are the person who gets harrassed in Tecopa and you don't know that what the cops are doing is wrong, so you get taken advantage of because you expect that LE follows the laws.

Cops are not overly concerned with maintaining public respect for the badge, they have pretty much accepted that most people do not respect LE. It is taught in the academy that the general public does not respect or appreciate LE, they say everyone loves a firefighter and hates a cop. They are fully aware that lack of respect is an issue, they know that uniform puts them at risk everywhere they go. Why do you think cops don't have specialty plates or stickers on their vehicles or wear identifying items in public? A lot of cops won't tell someone they don't know that they are a cop, we were told to make up a profession in those situations. Everyone I work with now is prior LE and/or military, a lot of them have had encounters with local LE and there is no longer even a standard professional courtesy for those who have worn a badge and served their time! They come in with their stories about how disrespectful and rude they were treated and some were even written tickets for minor traffic violations, if the cops are treating their own that way what makes you as a civilian expect to be treated any differently.

I DO NOT AGREE WITH ANYTHING THE ACLU DOES but here is a pretty accurate video on your rights as a citizen in a traffic stop;

I think the truth is that someone is putting pressure on Inyo county to stop traffic on the old Spanish Trail (Tecopa Road) this can be done by not going that way and go through Baker or Pahrump. 15 minutes longer going either way is actually shorter than being stopped every time you go through that s@@@ hole Just my opinion.

I DO NOT AGREE WITH ANYTHING THE ACLU DOES but here is a pretty accurate video on your rights as a citizen in a traffic stop;

I think the truth is that someone is putting pressure on Inyo county to stop traffic on the old Spanish Trail (Tecopa Road) this can be done by not going that way and go through Baker or Pahrump. 15 minutes longer going either way is actually shorter than being stopped every time you go through that s@@@ hole Just my opinion.

I agree. I have maybe been that way a handfull of times and usually avoid it. That road just sucks anyway.

i have a small hauler and i like that road fk them im not avoiding it because someone is upset by traffic on the road.

and who in that town has any power anywhere? the desert could fart and blow the town away and no one would miss it.

Apparently the lady that pretty much owns all of Shoshone is the daughter of some Ca. political biggie and has lots of control in Inyo county. I would be willing to bet she is behind this as she is very sierra clubish and is a part of the Armagossa river conservatory

Apparently the lady that pretty much owns all of Shoshone is the daughter of some Ca. political biggie and has lots of control in Inyo county. I would be willing to bet she is behind this as she is very sierra clubish and is a part of the Armagossa river conservatory

what is going to keep them from moving the red and blue road show on over to shoshone after they harass everyone going thru tecopa to go that way? sounds like they would be more concerned with there home town. guess giving out tickets is the only way they can think of to get any revenue out of the duners.

I was pulled over a couple of years ago by NHP and was warned that I needed a J endorsement due to my GVCWR (?) being over 10,000 lbs.

I was travelling past the Tecopa turn off on Monday and two trailers in front of me made Tecopa turn-off. I go through Shoshone myself to dump in Pahrump. The Sheriff was waiting at the turn off and almost hit the second trailer trying to flip a quick u-turn to chase down the first. He went from sitting to throwing on the lights into full "Starsky and Hutch" mode. I was wondering what that was all about. :blink:

Best I could figure is it was Tecopa and their usual griping about duners travelling through, so the harrassment must be starting up. I stopped going that way when I found a nice trailer park to dump in Pahrump.

Got this forwarded to me today. It may explain the sudden upsurge in LEO activity in Tecopa;

Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Recreators flock to the Dumont Dunes each winter, and some leave their garbage in Southern Inyo. Local officials

recently orchestrated a sting to stop illegal dumping which resulted in more than 20 citations and two arrests.

File photo

By Mike Gervais

Register Staff

2-23-2010

Local authorities teamed up last month to conduct a sting operation focusing on illegal dumping.

Two were arrested in Tecopa on felony charges and several citations were issued for various lesser infractions.

Sheriff’s deputies in marked and unmarked units and marked California Highway Patrol units, along with a CHP

aircraft and Inyo Narcotics Enforcement Team members, joined forces on Jan. 3 and Feb. 15 to stop illegal dumping

along Old Spanish Trail Highway in Tecopa.

“A coordinated response was mobilized after the Sheriff’s Department received numerous complaints from residents

regarding the dumping of sewage, waste water and trash along Old Spanish Trail Highway,” Sheriff Bill Lutze said.

“This highway is used heavily by campers and off-highway enthusiasts traveling from Dumont Dunes to Las Vegas in

the winter months.”

According to CHP Public Information Officer Laura Roberts, the CHP helicopter served as a covert surveillance

unit during the sting. She explained that having cars in the vicinity of the illegal dump sites could have tipped

off offenders, but the helicopter can fly above the radar and catch illegal dumpers in the act.

During the two operations, officers and deputies issued more than 20 citations for dumping waste, children riding

illegally in trailers, out-of-class drivers and misuse of license plates (using license plates from other

vehicles).

Those caught dumping waste water from motorhomes and trailers were cited for a misdemeanor infraction.

A total of three vehicles with registration violations were impounded in Pahrump, Nev.

According to the Sheriff’s Department, Richard Laatz, 32, of Las Vegas, was arrested during the Jan. 3 sting when

officers allegedly witnessed illegal dumping of sewage along the Old Spanish Trail highway.

After making contact with Laatz, deputies searched his vehicle, allegedly finding a clear baggy of illegal

mushrooms.

Laatz was arrested for alleged possession of psilocybin and his vehicle was one of the three that were impounded.

The second arrest took place Feb 15. According to the Sheriff’s Department, Steaven Bradbandt, 51, of Perris, was

taken into custody for alleged felony alteration of vehicle registration, carrying a concealed weapon and

carrying a loaded firearm.

According to the Sheriff’s Department, the recent sting and resulting arrests should stand as a warning to

motorists and recreators in Southeast Inyo.

“The actions of the travelers in this area will be monitored and another coordinated response will be mobilized

if necessary,” Lutze said.

Got this forwarded to me today. It may explain the sudden upsurge in LEO activity in Tecopa;

Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Recreators flock to the Dumont Dunes each winter, and some leave their garbage in Southern Inyo. Local officials

recently orchestrated a sting to stop illegal dumping which resulted in more than 20 citations and two arrests.

File photo

By Mike Gervais

Register Staff

2-23-2010

Local authorities teamed up last month to conduct a sting operation focusing on illegal dumping.

Two were arrested in Tecopa on felony charges and several citations were issued for various lesser infractions.

Sheriff’s deputies in marked and unmarked units and marked California Highway Patrol units, along with a CHP

aircraft and Inyo Narcotics Enforcement Team members, joined forces on Jan. 3 and Feb. 15 to stop illegal dumping

along Old Spanish Trail Highway in Tecopa.

“A coordinated response was mobilized after the Sheriff’s Department received numerous complaints from residents

regarding the dumping of sewage, waste water and trash along Old Spanish Trail Highway,” Sheriff Bill Lutze said.

“This highway is used heavily by campers and off-highway enthusiasts traveling from Dumont Dunes to Las Vegas in

the winter months.”

According to CHP Public Information Officer Laura Roberts, the CHP helicopter served as a covert surveillance

unit during the sting. She explained that having cars in the vicinity of the illegal dump sites could have tipped

off offenders, but the helicopter can fly above the radar and catch illegal dumpers in the act.

During the two operations, officers and deputies issued more than 20 citations for dumping waste, children riding

illegally in trailers, out-of-class drivers and misuse of license plates (using license plates from other

vehicles).

Those caught dumping waste water from motorhomes and trailers were cited for a misdemeanor infraction.

A total of three vehicles with registration violations were impounded in Pahrump, Nev.

According to the Sheriff’s Department, Richard Laatz, 32, of Las Vegas, was arrested during the Jan. 3 sting when

officers allegedly witnessed illegal dumping of sewage along the Old Spanish Trail highway.

After making contact with Laatz, deputies searched his vehicle, allegedly finding a clear baggy of illegal

mushrooms.

Laatz was arrested for alleged possession of psilocybin and his vehicle was one of the three that were impounded.

The second arrest took place Feb 15. According to the Sheriff’s Department, Steaven Bradbandt, 51, of Perris, was

taken into custody for alleged felony alteration of vehicle registration, carrying a concealed weapon and

carrying a loaded firearm.

According to the Sheriff’s Department, the recent sting and resulting arrests should stand as a warning to

motorists and recreators in Southeast Inyo.

“The actions of the travelers in this area will be monitored and another coordinated response will be mobilized

if necessary,” Lutze said.

:ahhhhh: :ahhhhh: :dunno::dunno::atv::idea::lol:

Recreators flock to the Dumont Dunes each winter, and some leave their garbage in Southern Inyo. Local officials recently orchestrated a sting to stop illegal dumping which resulted in more than 20 citations and two arrests.

This statement really pisses me off. They make it seem like the citations were all for illegal dumping. There was probably 1 or 2 pieces of crap who illegally dumped in the desert and were cited. All the rest of those tickets were complete BULLSHIT (ie: endorsements, open continers in trash bags :ahhhhh: etc) according to what everyone posted. :ahhhhh:

UGHHH...another strike against us duners because of the media and a couple irresponsible people who can't just do the right thing and haul all their crap home.

What a FUGGIN JACK AZZ :atv: how dare you do that to my desert :ahhhhh: RICHIE...50 CALIBERRACING just so every one knows who you are.....I think every one who got tickets or got f*cked with can blame that sh*t on you..Psilocybin mushrooms what the hell were you going to do with those? grow

magic mushrooms in your hauler sh*t that you have been dumping in the desert...FUGGIN IDIOT :dunno: GLAD YOU GOT ARRESTED AND ALL YOUR sh*t GOT IMPOUNDED... :ahhhhh: d*ckhead....I think every one on ddr shoud go dump their tanks at your shop!

This statement really pisses me off. They make it seem like the citations were all for illegal dumping. There was probably 1 or 2 pieces of crap who illegally dumped in the desert and were cited. All the rest of those tickets were complete BULLSHIT (ie: endorsements, open continers in trash bags :ahhhhh: etc) according to what everyone posted. :ahhhhh:

UGHHH...another strike against us duners because of the media and a couple irresponsible people who can't just do the right thing and haul all their crap home.

Typical News story, they only highlight the things that will draw someone to read the article. No where do they say that over presidents day that there were est 20,000 people there and just these azz hats had to make us all look bad. It baffles me as to why anybody would dump there tanks on a public highway but I guess there enough of them out there that Law enforcement feels that they can justify all that manpower and equiptment for 20 tickets and 2 arrests. What's a copter's cost to fly to watch for azzhats dumping on the road $150.00 hour? I am tired of Tecopa's crying and I will at all costs refuse to go thru that shithole.

Typical News story, they only highlight the things that will draw someone to read the article. No where do they say that over presidents day that there were est 20,000 people there and just these azz hats had to make us all look bad. It baffles me as to why anybody would dump there tanks on a public highway but I guess there enough of them out there that Law enforcement feels that they can justify all that manpower and equiptment for 20 tickets and 2 arrests. What's a copter's cost to fly to watch for azzhats dumping on the road $150.00 hour? I am tired of Tecopa's crying and I will at all costs refuse to go thru that shithole.

i HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU tERRY ON THE COST ASPECT...sry bout caps lol

Capt