Motorola DROID

Don29palms

I am due for upgrade and I was thinking in getting that phone.

Me too. ^^^ :dunno:

I currently have an Env2 right now and it's been good to me.

I was thinkin' bout an Env3 but they have issues with 'butt dialing' (dialing in your pocket).

Don't get me started on that one. :ahhhhh: :ahhhhh: LG

For info on the Env3 click this >>> Env3 keyguard issue

Anyways back to the Droid.

I heard there is a couple models.

One has buttons and one is all touch?

Is this true?

If so which one is best?

Thanks

R-

Me too. ^^^ :dunno:

I currently have an Env2 right now and it's been good to me.

I was thinkin' bout an Env3 but they have issues with 'butt dialing' (dialing in your pocket).

Don't get me started on that one. :ahhhhh: :ahhhhh: LG

For info on the Env3 click this >>> Env3 keyguard issue

Anyways back to the Droid.

I heard there is a couple models.

One has buttons and one is all touch?

Is this true?

If so which one is best?

Thanks

R-

Randog the two models are the Eris by HTC and the other is the Motorola Droid, the Motorola is badarse!!! it has touch screen and slide out keyboard. There are a ton of great apps to down load for free and a ton you can buy.

I have had an iphone for almost two years now. Coming up on my renewal or exit plan. Happy with the phone but I hate ATT and want to switch to Verizon.

Curious if anyone has tethered the Droid to their computer? Is it tetherable?

I have had an iphone for almost two years now. Coming up on my renewal or exit plan. Happy with the phone but I hate ATT and want to switch to Verizon.

Curious if anyone has tethered the Droid to their computer? Is it tetherable?

From what I understand there is an app to make it tetherable to the computer.

I have the Motorola DROID because I like using the keyboard. The more I use this phone the better I like it. The HTC Eris DROID is touch screen only. Verizon has a buy one get one free deal going now until March 16. I ended up getting 2 DROIDs for $99 plus tax. In California they charge sales tax on retail value which is $559.99 each. So it was $99 for the phones and $98 for tax.

Also Verizon is good about giving your upgrade to you a little early if you ask them. They let me have mine 3 weeks early so I could take advantage of the promotion.

Edited by Don29palms

Its still not as good as the iPhone...

But, Verizon is suppose to get it soon, which will pair the best phone with the best network

I personally would rather have the Droid.

I have it, favorite apps so far are Visual Voicemail and Pandora. Good phone just be careful with the ominous "Butt Dial :finger: "

Check out Slacker Radio, it is similar to Pandora. Also download i music from the apps store. The photobucket app is pretty cool also, you take pictures and it uploads them to Photobucket

From what I understand there is an app to make it tetherable to the computer.

I have the Motorola DROID because I like using the keyboard. The more I use this phone the better I like it. The HTC Eris DROID is touch screen only. Verizon has a buy one get one free deal going now until March 16. I ended up getting 2 DROIDs for $99 plus tax. In California they charge sales tax on retail value which is $559.99 each. So it was $99 for the phones and $98 for tax.

Also Verizon is good about giving your upgrade to you a little early if you ask them. They let me have mine 3 weeks early so I could take advantage of the promotion.

Verizon will give you one month early credit each year. So a 2 year contract you can go in for a phone at 22 months.

[/b]

Verizon will give you one month early credit each year. So a 2 year contract you can go in for a phone at 22 months.

The 3 weeks was on top of the 2 months so basically I got mine 3 months early just for asking and yes I signed 2 more 2 year contracts.

I was at Verizon yesterday and looked at the DROID. I wasn't impressed with it. I've had Motorolas before and just had too many issues with them.

I just got the Samsung Rogue a few months back and am really happy with it. It has a large touchscreen with a sliding, lighted keyboard. On top of that it surfs the net fast and the camera takes good pictures. :laughing:

The 3 weeks was on top of the 2 months so basically I got mine 3 months early just for asking and yes I signed 2 more 2 year contracts.

you can actually upgrade every year but you wont get the $100 for upgrade they only give you $50....i up graded like 2 month ago,but i got the env touch insted of the droid because i thought it was to nice of phone to be brakeing it @ work & i also save $ with the env touch because it only require a 10 on line plan & the droid required a $30 plan I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - I have nothing worth adding to this post!! - x2 including my girls phone....nice phone though...

Edited by jr1208

im waiting until verizon gets the Iphone :)

Your going to have a wait, if or when it does come out, most reports say it not going to be the same as the one AT&T has, supposed to be a light version, whatever that means.

Your going to have a wait, if or when it does come out, most reports say it not going to be the same as the one AT&T has, supposed to be a light version, whatever that means.

That is because although Verizon has a larger network,(why i have a camp Verizon pay per use, and an I-Phone for normal everyday) it is not as fast and couldn't handle the I-Phone in its current state

That is because although Verizon has a larger network,(why i have a camp Verizon pay per use, and an I-Phone for normal everyday) it is not as fast and couldn't handle the I-Phone in its current state

It is actually in large part that Apple is in contract with AT&T till 2nd half 2010.

Edited by mineurbiz

Motorola Droid – MR2 Software Release

Overview: New software (ESE53) has been approved for the Motorola Droid (A855); customers will begin to receive the software update notification starting Thursday March 18, 2010.

Key Advantages:

Email - Yahoo Mail is now supported - customers can simply sign in with their Yahoo! Email address and password

Pinch to Zoom now available in the Browser, Maps, and Gallery

Speech-to-Text - Customers can now use their voice instead of typing whenever a text-entry box appears

Google Goggles is now preloaded

The new Gallery application uses 3D layout and shows both pictures taken with the customer's Android device and images from Picasa Web Albums account online

Resolution: Devices can only receive the update during the 'check in' process and are unable to pull the upgrade manually. Customers should ensure 40% battery power prior and will not be able to use their device during the update process. Below is the software-upgrade notification schedule (times listed are Pacific Standard):

At 9 AM PST on 3/18, 1,000 users will receive notification of the update.

At 8:59 PM PST on 3/18, 9,000 more users will receive the update notification.

After the first 10,000 users receive the update on 3/18, there will be a 24-hour period when no additional upgrades will be delivered.

On Day 3 (3/20), 200,000 users will receive the update notification at 8:59 PM PST. This schedule will continue each day thereafter until the update has been delivered to all users.

Upgrade Instructions:

External: Customers may be directed to http://www.verizonwireless.com/droidsupport for complete details including steps to upgrade their Motorola Droid.

• 1 month later...

:bert: My Company just came out and said that we should be getting the new Sprint 4G EVO4's in the next 60 days. They look like the Droid, and are super fast - saw it at a preshow at Sprints Tech Lab show in NY a few weeks back. They are super fast, clean look.

SP2 Mike :laughoff:

My camp mate Rocket has the Droid. He uses it primarillly as his phone only. He hates it. I have an old straight Verizon phone and I can talk at Dumont when he cant. He has to move around to get reception. I think it is a week antenna system. If you need the WIFI end of a phone I guess it works OK>