Clean up weekend 2010

jorgeloco

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will either have big smiles on there face or motion sickness bags in hand :blah:

Either way, we will come by on friday. Dune riding in smooth sand sounds soooooo good.

Make sure to ask them if they do get motion sickness.. and recommend that they take some nondrowsy dramamine.. save everyone an extra clean up! :laughoff:

Trust me.. I get motion sickness and its horrible if you don't take it!

And see ya out there Rob! Looking forward to chasing you down on my :lol::ninja:

well I noticed a what I thought to be a nail in truck's tire and then I notice a flat tire in my TH, well of to american tires and get them fix. I was lucky to see this before I left to dumont both flats were on the driver side. Well is all fix now and I just finish loading everything and ready to go after work tomorrow we'll see you :B later now off to bed boy I ma tired.

well I noticed a what I thought to be a nail in truck's tire and then I notice a flat tire in my TH, well of to american tires and get them fix. I was lucky to see this before I left to dumont both flats were on the driver side. Well is all fix now and I just finish loading everything and ready to go after work tomorrow we'll see you :B later now off to bed boy I ma tired.

im not going to b able 2 make this time.....lame Edited by BlitzkriegDUNER

We're leaving at 5:30 am.... ughhh.... I don't even get up that early unless I'm traveling for work!!!

We will see y'all tomorrow. I heard it's going to be windy.... Should make a fun clean up! LOL!

Sorry I missed everyone! Didn't feel well and decided to stay home! See y'all out there the next time!

I was happy that Blue Steel won a Dumont pass for next year! That's the bomb!!! :barf:

How the day started.

post-3603-1268580197_thumb.jpg

post-3603-1268580251_thumb.jpg

Sometimes I just don't get it.

post-3603-1268580288_thumb.jpg

Parking for lunch.

post-3603-1268580353_thumb.jpg

Nice turn out.

post-3603-1268580419_thumb.jpg

post-3603-1268580490_thumb.jpg

:MBdance: ....Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.... :MBdance:

post-3603-1268580556_thumb.jpg

Dave picked up something unusual.

post-3603-1268580654_thumb.jpg

post-3603-1268580723_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the Prizes... Nice turn out for sure... same type of trash every year... sry I missed.. had some stuff come up so I wasnt able to go anywhere..

Good Job Guys :barf::headbang1:

Capt

Sorry I missed everyone! Didn't feel well and decided to stay home! See y'all out there the next time!

I was happy that Blue Steel won a Dumont pass for next year! That's the bomb!!! :barf:

I asked about you when Blue Steel came up to register. Sorry you missed out...turned out to be a successful event despite the winds!! He did score at the raffle and harassed me about how I "dress" my hotdog in the lunch line. He'll explain. :headbang1: And oh yea, we won a pass too!! :P

I hope BLM continues to donate season passes (6 total)...most awesome prize IMO!

I asked about you when Blue Steel came up to register. Sorry you missed out...turned out to be a successful event despite the winds!! He did score at the raffle and harassed me about how I "dress" my hotdog in the lunch line. He'll explain. :barf: And oh yea, we won a pass too!! :P

I hope BLM continues to donate season passes (6 total)...most awesome prize IMO!

I am now putting my ketchup and mustard on my hotdogs first. :headbang1:

well we got at dumont about midnight we set up amp and hit the sack, over sleep saturday morning went to register went out and pick some trash I found a big roll of carpet I just don't get why people do this any how I won the biggest item award, juniors lady got a flag and a bad azz lawn chair, when we were leaving we meet steve termiteslayer he offer to take the chair back to our camp real cool guy he end up staying in our camp right after the clean up end it

when the wind pick up we run in my trailer an hour o so later I was out and the rest of the night is :headbang1: got up early and went out with steve for a ride in his car bad azz car we meet another cool guy at comp chill for a while there and back to camp to get some breakfast after break fast we took another ride to the south pole to pick up the letters from the mail box and steve left some new notebooks and more pens we took some pictures and back to camp to pack the wind started to pick up again :barf:

It was fun to stay with patos family and friends as usual there are pretty cool peeps, I run into randy at the valero gas station, I feel like a jack azz I didn't asked how his brother is doing sorry man, no pictures from me I forgot my camera so I am going to wait till junior post his pics all and all it was a great weekend.

Friday was beautiful and we got a really nice ride in with Terry (Ynot) leading us through the dunes. The wind on saturday didnt really kick up till later in the afternoon and was brutal windy at night. Sunday we got some more good rides in with Jodi and Mike.

Here is a time lapse video of registration on saturday morning before the winds picked up. Halfway through it a helicopter comes flying in and lands on the little dirt hill by vendors row. Was a private heli, the guy just flew in to visit friends. Was pretty cool.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Friday was beautiful and we got a really nice ride in with Terry (Ynot) leading us through the dunes. The wind on saturday didnt really kick up till later in the afternoon and was brutal windy at night. Sunday we got some more good rides in with Jodi and Mike.

Here is a time lapse video of registration on saturday morning before the winds picked up. Halfway through it a helicopter comes flying in and lands on the little dirt hill by vendors row. Was a private heli, the guy just flew in to visit friends. Was pretty cool.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

IT was great to get a run in with you Rob. That sand was wierd a$$ hell on Sun. I was expecting perfect dunes after that wind storm but it was like it rained all night. I was glad to see you geting some air. It looks like you will have some new camp members. Your friends looked like they were in a state of bliss.

I rolled in Friday afternoon 1:30pm. I Stopped this guy Larry in a Red Sand Rail with an American Flag on it. I asked him if he would not mind following me out to the south Pole I would LOVE to have a Picture of his American Flag and my NAVY flag next to the Mail Box. It looked bad A55. My friends came in Friday night we made a big fire and hung out till midnight. Saturday morning i woke up and started taking pictures of the dunes to the left entrance of the way to comp and to the left of bathroom #7. Their is this cool "S" pattern that I shot 50 pictures of as the sun came up. It's cool to see how the color changes on the sand in the am or pm. We went out cleaning up the valley or wash to the left of the entrance and found allot of trash in a short time. Went to the

free lunch it was quick and good.THANK YOU TO ALL THAT WORKED HARD TO PUT ON THIS EVENT.We didn't win any prizes but it was good to see the kids happy faces when they walked up to get their flag or prize. I remember working at Angel Stadium a few years back out in right field helping teach kids try and hit a ball off a tee. I had the best time seeing the Smiles on their faces for doing a little thing. It was a reminder of my first baseball game and the memories it made for me to this day and I could see that in their faces after picking up trash in the hot SUN and getting a reward for it. I hope to see more of the prizes given to the kids in the future if at all possible. They are our future duners. And good habits start young.

Thank you DDR for the shout out about the Mail box. We have gone thru 3 pads of paper and allot of good messages have been received. I personally pulled out 40 more this weekend. And Restocked the box with 2 more pads and pens. Sand Sports mag is running a article on the mail box in the MAY issue.

:thumbsdown::laughing::laughoff::laughoff::assblast: :angry2: :driver: :argue: :dunno::thumb:

I asked about you when Blue Steel came up to register. Sorry you missed out...turned out to be a successful event despite the winds!! He did score at the raffle and harassed me about how I "dress" my hotdog in the lunch line. He'll explain. :laughoff: And oh yea, we won a pass too!! :P

Mark is really good at harrassing people - and yes, he is dressing his hot dog first! :P

I really love Clean-Up, so I was bummed I missed the fun. My favorite thing is to come up on a fire pit full of crap & saying "We hit the motherload!" Of course, it pi$$es me off that people actually leave such trash in the dunes! Pack it in, pack it out folks!!!

Yeah, winning the pass is $120 right in your pocket! Awesome!!! :thumbsdown::laughing: