How often do you TEXT?

dunefreak

I have 200 text messages on my plan. My wife has un limited.

I would rather make the call an find out whats going on in one simple conversation. Who wants to go back and forth over 15 minutes maybe 30 minutes of texting when you can know the whole deal in 2 minutes over the phone. Lame if you ask me.... :barf:

It has its place for sure, the kids these days though are going to be socially inept, they text rather than talk and it's much easier to text things that you might not have the fortitude to say... Went to a family reunion this weekend up North and one of my neices fingers were moving while just sitting there, apparently it is a habit from texting so much... :bert:

I do text quite a bit. Sometimes easier than getting in a long drawn out convo with someone. My teenage kid, RIDICULOUS!!!! I think he had around 11,000 text messages one month. INSANE!! Luckily he has unlimited texting, otherwise Id probably be in jail for KILLING HIM! :thumbsdown:

I do text quite a bit. Sometimes easier than getting in a long drawn out convo with someone. My teenage kid, RIDICULOUS!!!! I think he had around 11,000 text messages one month. INSANE!! Luckily he has unlimited texting, otherwise Id probably be in jail for KILLING HIM! :laughoff:

11,000 :laughing: That is more than 1 every 2 min for 12 hrs a day 7 days a week... :thumbsdown:

95% of people who are ranting about texting have to be over the age of 25...lol

Along with me I hated it for a whle but what you gonna do, if this helps I still dont have a facebook or Myspace account but texting is a must..

We just had a meeting at work because they want people to talk more instead of sending an email or IM, hell they are sitting right next to you..!!

:poop: Well now I know not to txt Pete anymore!

In my defense... I had no idea what sort of debauchery you were in the middle of last week when I had to ask you questions about your PC :)

hehehe :thumbsdown:

Hahaa, texts are ok for the right reasons. ;) No worries at all, Walt. :laughing:

Shut the F**K up not at you just answering your STFU question :D

:laughing:

That's funny. We have our God-Daughter out during the summer to keep us old fogies updated on the hype stuff. She taught us all what the "Shocker" symbol meant at Dumont. :thumbsdown: And she can text, email, Facebook, My Space.... all while watching MTV (or the Food Network)! Kids are crazy!!!

I am the text Queen I dont do it if unsafe but I text like a MOFO and to me sometimes easier to get a point across cause some of the people I text need to go reread cause they dont get it.. So yes I text!!

Texting fiend man!!!

Thanks for letting me type this Im texting all my friends!

:thumbsdown:

BALONEY YOU DON'T DO IT WHEN IT'S UNSAFE! You do it while you're driving so much that I KNOW you're going to crash someday. You look at your phone screen more than you do your windshield. You must drive by THE FORCE because I don't see any other way you could drive and text as much as you do.

You must be an alien or Jedi or something with special powers!

Hahaa, texts are ok for the right reasons. ;) No worries at all, Walt. :grin:

Haha... I was going to txt you this morning too... I thought you left a cd in the cdrom when I picked it up from you, but I mixed up a bunch of the CD's on my desk and I cant remember which one was yours. Or did you leave one in the CDrom? :blury:

BALONEY YOU DON'T DO IT WHEN IT'S UNSAFE! You do it while you're driving so much that I KNOW you're going to crash someday. You look at your phone screen more than you do your windshield. You must drive by THE FORCE because I don't see any other way you could drive and text as much as you do.

You must be an alien or Jedi or something with special powers!

And how would you know??? Sounds like your just :grin:

If I didnt text I would have withdrawls and you DONT want to see those Im like a wildcat, chasing a FUDGESICLE ...

I just hit the 6000 mark on my ATT phone this month ...But I didnt beat out the person above that does 11000 for cripes sake!!!

So CHILLOUT, RELAX, and let me teach and show youhow its done, you will feel better knowing you have beat the TEXTING madness in the 20th century.. :DDRrocks: . So stop :banghead: and start Texting!!!

:blury:

Number 1 Texting Queen

Edited by Drumstick

And how would you know??? Sounds like your just :grin:

If I didnt text I would have withdrawls and you DONT want to see those Im like a wildcat, chasing a FUDGESICLE ...

I just hit the 6000 mark on my ATT phone this month ...But I didnt beat out the person above that does 11000 for cripes sake!!!

So CHILLOUT, RELAX, and let me teach and show youhow its done, you will feel better knowing you have beat the TEXTING madness in the 20th century.. :DDRrocks: . So stop :banghead: and start Texting!!!

:blury:

Number 1 Texting Queen

CHILL OUT? That sounds like it could be the name of an Ice Cream business.

the only time I text is to send a message like , "on the way " or in "Baker now" it makes no sence to me to carry on a coversation by texting ! couple weeks ago the nieghbor kid got a new car and a droid phone for his 16th birthday , LOL he still has the phone but not the car , he rear ended a 2010 benz and totaled both cars and he spent 2 days in the hosp, he later admitted he was texting !

Edited by stock 350

the only time I text is to send a message like , "on the way " or in "Baker now" it makes no sence to me to carry on a coversation by texting ! couple weeks ago the nieghbor kid got a new car and a droid phone for his 16th birthday , LOL he still has the phone but not the car , he rear ended a 2010 benz and totaled both cars and he spent 2 days in the hosp, he later admitted he was texting !

maybe there IS a god after all!....dad probly should have gotten him a bottle of whiskey with that car instead of the droid. ...as for me, i had a couple kids working for me recently. one of them every time i needed help with something i turned around and there he was texting someone....guess which kid i called NEXT time i needed a helper.

i text all the time cause nobody understands the words that come out of my mouth :ban-split::beercheers::old:

thats true... :lol: i txt sometimes for quick talk or to ask a ?....i can't txt for a long time i just call & get it over with....