dodge 6.7 owners

BIGN

I know several people with them. They all like them, but say the empty (Not towing)mpg isnt that good. I know a guy that got a 2010,and they deffinately incoperated a lot of nice things into the new truck.

The mpg is down on them Ive heard due to emmissions....but I have no other evidence to support it. I run a 12 valve (98) and they are known for the gooood mileage, so Ill be keeping it. Besides no payment for along time now.

Don't know about the dodge in particular, but I know all makes after the middle of '07 have a diesel particulate filter blocking up the exhaust, crushing any hopes of good fuel economy: Thank you big government :laughing:

20 mpg was expected with these trucks before, but with these new regulations, you can't expect but 15 or so. You can always buy the programmer and remove the garbage cling ons under there, just make sure you save it. Don't get the sawzall out too quickly, because you'll probably have to bolt it all back up one day. :banghead:

I also hang out on cumminsforum.com and http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/index.php. People that mainly drive just around town don't like the regen problems but the people that use them and tow don't have any issues and love the extra power, 6 speed auto, and exhaust brake. If I was still working I would have one, but I will probably be buried in my 5.9 red truck.

Im in the market for a new dodge and was wondering how the new 6.7 is. I have heard pros and cons but figured this would be the place to here the truth.

Well I did it traded my pice o sh*t ford 6.0 in on a 2010 dodge 4 door long bed. So far im loven it 22mpg with 4:10's and it hauls the mail. Lets see how it holds up.

I work on them. Great engine. Just USE IT! It hates in town driving (grocery getter) Don't try any bio or ag diesel. use Ultra low sulfer. If you buy one, use it like it was meant to be used. The problems the early 6.7s had are pretty much gone. Any aftermarket hop up stuff is not recommended due to the emissions system. (but that hasn't stopped a lot of owners!) the 2010 trucks are beautiful! IMHO.

BTW, I have an 05 5.9 CTD 6 spd manual, quad cab long bed. Greatest truck I have owned. No plans to get new anytime soon.