a perfect 12 hours at Dumont: 9:30 to 9:30

dunefreak

We met up with some friends and spent the day at Dumont from 9:30AM to 9:30 pm. It was absolutely amazing. I am sore as hell today from all the riding we did but it feels great. I can't even remember how many runs we managed to squeeze in yesterday.

The dunes were way nice and the weather was just about perfect (mid 70's, slight breeze). Every run was pretty much a tapped out in 4th & 5th gear type run but I was sitting down almost the whole time as if it were nothing. The dunes and lines were that smooth. It was just what I needed.

Great seeing everyone. Sucks I didn't get a chance to meet up with aceisback and a couple other friends couldn't make it this time around, but all in all it was a really good day at the dunes. I wish there were many more like these to come before it gets hot.

some pics...

a quick stop at the :old: after an AM run

post-3-1269812054_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269812772_thumb.jpg

Jakster

post-3-1269812003_thumb.jpg

chillen after the AM run

post-3-1269813007_thumb.jpg

marbelous

post-3-1269812136_thumb.jpg

2 wheeler on comp

post-3-1269812197_thumb.jpg

LouB

post-3-1269812217_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269812241_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269813327_thumb.jpg

Stu

post-3-1269813408_thumb.jpg

a couple old waterpumpers

post-3-1269812273_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269812298_thumb.jpg

These guys came buzzing over a couple times during the day :headbang1:

post-3-1269812334_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269812364_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269812390_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269812415_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269812433_thumb.jpg

camp

post-3-1269812792_thumb.jpg

nice dunes

post-3-1269812465_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269812499_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269812565_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269812578_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269812615_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269812638_thumb.jpg

just about a full moon

post-3-1269812660_thumb.jpg

post-3-1269812684_thumb.jpg

check out the moon above us at taladega

post-3-1269812704_thumb.jpg

a perfect day :headbang1:

post-3-1269812745_thumb.jpg

I wish you could have too, Ian. Let's try to get another trip in before the season is over! After yesterday, I just can't see ending the season yet. Day trips are cheap so let's make it happen.

I wish you could have too, Ian. Let's try to get another trip in before the season is over! After yesterday, I just can't see ending the season yet. Day trips are cheap so let's make it happen.

I still have fuel in the jug... LETS GOO!!!!

I still have fuel in the jug... LETS GOO!!!!

Well I take the "cheap" part back. Looks like the trans vented on the Z71. I thought it was shifting kinda funny on the way back. :( I'll have to get a look at it tomorrow and see what happened. There's ATF all over the bottom of my truck now. :headbang1:

Ughh, good thing I've got another truck. :old:

Well I take the "cheap" part back. Looks like the trans vented on the Z71. I thought it was shifting kinda funny on the way back. :( I'll have to get a look at it tomorrow and see what happened. There's ATF all over the bottom of my truck now. :headbang1:

I thought you were just in a hurry to get home! That sucks man... im sure between you and chad you can get it all fixed up purdy cheap.

I used more gas than usual driving this trip,must have been all the wind.

That was a great time.I had so much fun. I was disappointed to see my riding stamina I worked all those seasons to build up be so pathetic. That was sad. Thats the first time I have gotten tired on a dune ride in a very long time. I couldnt believe how smooth the dunes were. That first run of the day was awesome!! I was SHOCKED to see Mike show up. I need to help him get a reliable ride. Im so tired of his stuff breaking down. Nick looked like he was enjoying himself on the DS. That was exactly what i needed. Good for the soul,lol!! :old:

dam wish I coulda made it!! let's do another day trip in a few weeks I'm down! it's crazy how much riding you get in a day sometimes more than a weekend... looks like the dunes dried out and were blown nice!!!

I used more gas than usual driving this trip,must have been all the wind.

Me too. Going out there my truck barely used a 1/4 tank. Then coming home it used quite a bit more. I got home with only a 1/8 tank or so left. Then again I was on the gas quite a bit trying to make good time coming home. It was late and we were beat! My 5hr energy shot was wearing off pretty quick. :driver::sleeping::laughing:

Yeah I too was blown away to see Mike pull up. :driver: I'm really glad he made it out. He came straight from work to loading up and heading out. I thought for sure he'd pass out on the couch like usual. :sleeping:

post-3-1269831112_thumb.jpg

Yea it sucks about his bike, but it was fun while it ran. He still managed to get some duning in during the tow back to camp thanks to the ol Rappy. :laughing:

I can't believe between all of the trips out and about that we didn't run in to eachother. Nick stopped by to show off his Bomber and I tried to hook him up with some carb mods but he wanted to get busy riding, which I can't blame him for. He's gonna have a runner after a few bolt ons.

Fourth trip to the D this season and I've gotta admit I finally got in a day (Fri) with some smooth sand. Not too bad Saturday morning. You young folks just don't understand what all of those ruts do to an old body. It was definitely good times and good rides though, just not my favorite dunes.

Met Randy and we had our schedules bassackwards too and could never hook up for a ride. All weekend long I'd come back in from a ride and the folks in camp would tell me somebody had stopped by. Gotta coordinate these things one of these days.

Got to ride in and drive some RZR S's and a 4. Nice machines but a tad small for a CroMag. Can't wait for the CanAm SXS to hit the street in June. They always build things bigger and better.

I can't believe between all of the trips out and about that we didn't run in to eachother. Nick stopped by to show off his Bomber and I tried to hook him up with some carb mods but he wanted to get busy riding, which I can't blame him for. He's gonna have a runner after a few bolt ons.

Fourth trip to the D this season and I've gotta admit I finally got in a day (Fri) with some smooth sand. Not too bad Saturday morning. You young folks just don't understand what all of those ruts do to an old body. It was definitely good times and good rides though, just not my favorite dunes.

Met Randy and we had our schedules bassackwards too and could never hook up for a ride. All weekend long I'd come back in from a ride and the folks in camp would tell me somebody had stopped by. Gotta coordinate these things one of these days.

Got to ride in and drive some RZR S's and a 4. Nice machines but a tad small for a CroMag. Can't wait for the CanAm SXS to hit the street in June. They always build things bigger and better.

Yeah I pulled into your camp once with Nick, but we didnt see you around. Your bike was there but no Vic. ? Oh well. We'll catch ya next time bud.

Man I keep having thoughts of those killer runs on Saturday! Even when we went to the night drags last summer I don't remember the sand being that smooth and untouched as we saw it on Saturday. That there was a great way to end the season just right.

A-10 fly over Saturday.

The lone A-10 wing wag was awsome, he has to be a duner! :sleeping:

Yeah that was awesome. I thought he was just doing a quick wing dip to say hi, but he kept doing it back and forth. Pretty cool to see!

That was my son's bike Pete. Mine is the big black one that was only in camp to top off! The red one was incase anyone in camp needed a ride since my son couldn't make it.

Sorry I missed you guys...

I could have not asked for a better day at the dunes. Hell I did not even have one beer saturday too busy riding. Rolled in friday/ saturday morning at 1AM. Hell I even parked far north and thought the finger was getting bigger by the minute. I parked almost on the face of the big dune. Damn I was tired. :sleeping:

Relaxed till about 3AM.

Wind was blowing good so I knew the dunes were going to be smooth. :driver:

Went out on our first at about 10Am and I knew the day was going to be the kinda day we all love to go to dumont for. :laughing: Smooth sand and fast lines. I think I ate at least a pound of sand through out the day.

Went on a total of 3 great runs but the third was the charm. Pete lead us to the north and we came back to comp non stop. The run felt like it lasted for ever. It seemed like we could just keep going forever.

Had to load up saturday at about 6PM and head home. I am feeling the pain in my legs today as I had back to back weekends in the sand.

I am probably out till the sand drags in August unless someone comes up with a trip to Coral pink or another place I have not been to yet....

Till next time. :flipoff::flipoff:

Let me know when the next day trip is! I wanna go!