Are you lovin your Side x Side?

BLUE STEEL

I wanted to start a tread to see if everyone is enjoying their side x side like my wife and I are. We bought a Rhino a couple of years ago. We loved having it. I did all kinds of mods to it. Because we spend so much time in the sand, I deceided to check out the RZR. About one year ago we picked up a 2009 RZR S. I can't tell you how much we love this thing. We don't ride our quads as much. Sometimes we don't even bring them. Eventhough we still like to ride them, I perfer to rip it up on the RZR. Share your thoughts. :sleeping:

I have a 2010 RZRs and love it as well. I got it based on things I had read about them and the recommendation of my Brother in law who has a Rhino.

I think the thing I like most is the versatility. You can do the desert, dunes or whatever.

I took by other Brother in law (lomg term bike guy) out in it and he was impressed with it as well.

Defintely a neat vehicle with a lot options available.

I've got an 06 rhino I bought new. I made some simple cheap mods to it and have loved it's versatility.

I take it on trails and take it to the sand most times along with the rail. When the sand it tight I can go lots of places on trail rides in the dunes.

At my age I don't get crazy but go to the limitations for the Rhino.

Money being an issue I will keep the Rhino, take care of it and continue to enjoy it! :sleeping:

:laughing:

I love my Teryx. I used to have a quad, but my wife and kids didn't ride. I had a buddy who used to have a 4 seat Rhino and my kids loved riding in it. Now with my Teryx, new cage and rear bench seat I can take my kids riding with me and it has been great. We have been out to the desert, dunes and some mountain trails. It has been some great family time.

post-6071-1270050215_thumb.jpg

Love my Teryx. I have an 09 Raptor 700 that sits in camp unless i feel the need to act 20 years old again. As everyone tells me act your age roll with a cage! :thumb: The Teryx dunes nicely since i added the Scats. Has room for the family on those "togetherness" rides out to the North Pole etc.. I'm working over the old lady tryin to get her to agree to picking up a RZR S this off season cuz i love those things :rzr: . They dune incredible (for a SXS). Until then i'm good.

Hey freak does that thing have a dump bed like mine? :MBdance:

• 5 weeks later...

I love my RZR-S, bought it brand new in xmas of '08 "for the wife" and have loved it ever since. Threw the drive belt once, but it was back up and running in no time. For being a stock powerplant, i am pretty impressed. I can take it comp hill with a passenger. My yfz450 sits mostly back at camp. I also have a 1990 pilot which is faster than my RZR-S, but the stock suspension doesnt compare to the S stock suspension.

We started with one '08 RZR. Wifey and I constantly 'debated' over who would drive.

Problem solved bought a 2nd '08 RZR.

We don't run paddles and can say, there are not very many places at Dumont that we can't get to, Including the back side of comp. If you dune right, you don't need to spend the money on the paddles. the ONLY thing we can not do at Dumont, is all the way to the top on the front side of Comp, but big deal, the real fun is dunning with the large cars and the looks on their faces when they can't shake us!!!! LOL

We dune, trail ride, and even go rock crawling in our stock RZR's. Both of our RZR's have pulled many of buggies out of trouble and back to thier camps. Our only breakdown at the dunes has been a drive belt and that was only 30 mins to fix.

We both run ITP's with Terra Cross tires and and found they work the best all around. I have snorkled both as we do go into some mud and water as well, plus it aides in improving the cleaner air intake.

Then our daughters wanted to learn to dune. We picked up a RZR170, do an intake/air filter mod, and the girls are duning the little dunes back by the north pole road just fine. there was a learning curve for them which meant I was pulling the Baby RZR out, 'bout 2 dzn times, but they know what to do now and stay with us pretty good.

Man did Polaris figure this right!

:thumbsdown:.....:bump:

.......:lol:......

• 1 month later...

ours is an 08 and aside from the skid plate, it really hasn't been too much trouble... and at over a couple of thousand miles now it has saved me A LOT of walking at work! Couldn't ask for a better work horse that fits into tight spaces and doesn't poop :headbang1:

IMG00273-20100406-1200.jpg

I like mine when running with other side X sides, if you are running trails with Jeeps you are wanting to go faster, in the sand, if you are running with quads or buggies, you are holding them up, In the hard pack, if you are running with bikes or buggies you are holding them up. They are fun for sure but they definately have their own pace. Come to think of it I haven't even started mine in about a year :D . Anyone want a smokin deal on a 08 Rhino? :headbang1:

• 1 month later...

We love ours, although it still a slow stock Rhino 700 LOL.

But thats gonna change soon!!

We have had ours for 2 seasons now and it is a ball,its great to be able to load the kids and go out with everyone else. The nice part about goin to the hill is, the wife wont ride with me, its a control thing for her and she dont want to drive the Rhino so she takes her TRX, once at the hill I still have a bike to race up the hill. :pissed:

post-5246-1279553243_thumb.jpg

Edited by CyNick

ours is an 08 and aside from the skid plate, it really hasn't been too much trouble... and at over a couple of thousand miles now it has saved me A LOT of walking at work! Couldn't ask for a better work horse that fits into tight spaces and doesn't poop :ban-split:

IMG00273-20100406-1200.jpg

Looks like a VTN job..........LOL