day trip report 4-10-10

dunefreak

Saturday I rolled out solo and met up with rushjunkie and group. I'm glad I did too. It was a great day out there and the dunes were bitchen.

It was a little windy at times, but not unbearable. Just enough wind to keep those dunes perfectly groomed all day. It was only a little annoying at times back at the truck since we had to hang on the the EZ UP during a couple of those gusts. One hand on your beer and thumb over the hole to keep the sand out and one hand hanging on to the canopy. :laughing: The breeze felt great though. If it weren't for the slight bit of wind it would have been a tad warm in the sun.

I was surprised to see so many people out there. When I rolled in there were even quite a few people leaving. Maybe they had the week off for spring break or something. Then the camp area had more trailers than normal for a completely off weekend. We saw a few other duners during our rides, but it didn't slow us down at all. The rides were just like a few weeks ago- sitting down almost the whole time and pinned in 4th and 5th. :atv: The transitions were smooth, yet most the dunes were still razored out which made it fun for some dune flopping. It was super bright out there. Not a cloud up in the sky made it a little unpredictable to negotiate the dunes until the sun got low.

So overall it was a great trip. I made it home and was unloaded in 1hr 40 minutes. :dayum::driver::rockwoot: This trip only cost me a total of about 40-50 bucks too. Awesome!

I'm not 100% sure if I am done yet. I might still go out for another weekend trip with the car. :think::ninja:

It was great meeting up and tearing it up, Eddy. Thanks for a good time bro. :rainbow1:

Here are the pics...

Heading out and seeing dunes in the distance! :rockwoot: I always get anxious along this stretch of the 127 going down the hill.

P4100116_(Medium).JPG

IMG_4630-2_(Medium).jpg

IMG_4634_(Medium).JPG

Road was in great shape again. :clap:

IMG_4635_(Medium).JPG

DDR midget still hasn't turned off the valve to the river :laughing:

P4100117_(Medium).JPG

P4100118_(Medium).JPG

A bunch of action at the pay station for an off weekend :think: Everyone still stopped and payed even though rangers weren't there. :thumb:

P4100119_(Medium).JPG

Pulling into camp

P4100120_(Medium).JPG

IMG_4637_(Medium).JPG

IMG_4636_(Medium).JPG

Chillen at the south pole...

IMG_4648_(Medium).JPG

IMG_4653_(Medium).JPG

Troops mailbox still looks great!

IMG_4642_(Medium).JPG

IMG_4643_(Medium).JPG

Dumont is blooming

IMG_4645_(Medium).JPG

IMG_4650_(Medium).JPG

IMG_4651_(Medium).JPG

P4100123_(Medium).JPG

After a ride just kickin back...

P4100122_(Medium).JPG

some pics from comp...

IMG_4655_(Medium).JPG

IMG_4659_(Medium).JPG

IMG_4670_(Medium).JPG

IMG_4677-crop_(Medium).jpg

IMG_4658-crop_(Medium).jpg

IMG_4660-2_(Medium).jpg

IMG_4673_(Medium).JPG

IMG_4656-crop_(Medium).jpg

P4100127_(Medium).JPG

IMG_4668_(Medium).JPG

SMOOTH sand :thumb:

P4100130_(Medium).JPG

P4100129_(Medium).JPG

P4100131_(Medium).JPG

So smooth it made it hard to get traction at times (on 2 wheels that is :laughing: )

P4100132_(Medium).JPG

P4100133_(Medium).JPG

P4100134-crop_(Medium).jpg

P4100135_(Medium).JPG

P4100136_(Medium).JPG

P4100137-crop_(Medium).jpg

P4100138_(Medium).JPG

:beerpint::duniemonkie::rockwoot:

^^^^^ Yeah, what freak said. :atv:

I was finally able to make a day trip to the D and not have to worry about loading the hauler and dump tanks and wash and .... :rockwoot:

We basically rode all day. The dunes were so smooth, I didn't want to stop tearing it up.

Made it back home and unloaded in less than 3 hours (damn, I wish I lived in vegas)

Thanks Pete for leading some bada$$ rides :rainbow1: We'll have to do it again!

Uhhhhhhh dude that's my car in your pic @ Comp :D

Red frame 4-seater with the big checkered flag. The 2 RZRs and the quads were with me too. That's my friend's son Travis going up Comp on the Z400 with the American flag.

We were out Thu-Sun. Little hot on Friday, Sat was awesome. Today wasn't bad either.

Edited by Noozeyeguy

nice pics as always pete, the sand looks nice thanks for shearing

Thanks and you're welcome :rainbow1: :D

^^^^^ Yeah, what freak said. :rockwoot:

I was finally able to make a day trip to the D and not have to worry about loading the hauler and dump tanks and wash and .... :laughing:

We basically rode all day. The dunes were so smooth, I didn't want to stop tearing it up.

Made it back home and unloaded in less than 3 hours (damn, I wish I lived in vegas)

Thanks Pete for leading some bada$$ rides :atv: We'll have to do it again!

Good times, bud. :laughing:

Uhhhhhhh dude that's my car in your pic @ Comp :D

Red frame 4-seater with the big checkered flag. The 2 RZRs and the quads were with me too. That's my friend's son Travis going up Comp on the Z400 with the American flag.

We were out Thu-Sun. Little hot on Friday, Sat was awesome. Today wasn't bad either.

No way. haha Wish I would have known that. I would have said hi.

Nice Pics Pete. Sand looks awesome and all the colors of spring out there. Sweet!

Thanks Rob. Having both cameras helped out. I had my shock and sand proof one in my holster (pocket :rockwoot: ) for the quick shots when on a ride and the 50D in my backpack for "Pete's pretty flowery pics" and other decent shots when the wind wasn't blowing. :rockwoot:

Looks like another Killer day at the Dunes. :rainbow1: If you plan on going out 24th I can squeeze this one in. I am sure the weather will still be bitchen and smooth sand to ride on. :atv: Nice pics also just makes me jones a lil more.

My kids and I rolled in on Saturday at about 7:00pm and pitched our tent next to bathroom #6. I have a 5th wheel trailer, but I bought it several years before I got into the desert/dunes scene. I forgot how much I hate sleeping in a tent, but that's besides the point because I wanted to dune my teryx with my kids. I was actually surprised there were so few people, since it was still spring break week. We still had a great time and didn't do anything crazy since we weren't duning with anyone. I know it's not the best idea, but except for a trip to the north pole we didn't stray too much past Banshee Hill and Comp Hill area. I let my kids (12 year old daughter and 10 year old boy) each drive the Teryx out in the flats near the vendor area to get an early start on how to handle driving offroad. We left Sunday afternoon and had a great time.

Gonna be a loooooong summer at this rate.

I'm feelin' some strong jonezzzin' already. :flatbiller:

That's how I like the dunes right there. :beerpint:

Glad you guys went out.

Cool pics too Pete.

R-

Gonna be a loooooong summer at this rate.

I'm feelin' some strong jonezzzin' already. :flatbiller:

That's how I like the dunes right there. :beerpint:

Glad you guys went out.

Cool pics too Pete.

R-

I hear ya Randizzle!!

I go to SCU saturday to do a final fit in the car before they completely weld everything solid.

I will find out when I get to pic it up also.

Awesome shots Pete and Neal.They look great as usual

Edited by sanddunesaddict

Just got back, here some pics:

p469569790-3.jpg

p158625015-3.jpg

p341450914-3.jpg

p518441025-3.jpg

The rest are here

Neil, Those are some awesome pics. I think I have the Same Camera you are using Nikon D90. Only YOU know how to use it and I still have no clue. Are you making the setting from the camera to come out with killer color or are you using a Photo program to get the depth of the color to come out. I need to take a few classes on how to work this dang thing. Excellent Pics.

Neil, Those are some awesome pics. I think I have the Same Camera you are using Nikon D90. Only YOU know how to use it and I still have no clue. Are you making the setting from the camera to come out with killer color or are you using a Photo program to get the depth of the color to come out. I need to take a few classes on how to work this dang thing. Excellent Pics.

Thank you Sir, I also love colors to pop out at ya.

Perhaps you just need to tweek a couple of settings, this isn't the correct spot to discuss so PM me and I'll help you out.