check your frame for cracks

draggindre

well i was washing the mud of my 2004 gmc yukon xl after this fine weather we have been having. and i notices that my frame has 4 small cracks coming from around the shock mount bolt on the drivers side rear.

and im sure there are more gm owners on this sight. so just check them out be safe than sorry.

anyways i took it back to the dealer i bought it from, to ask what the deal was. and just as i knew they would say "oh you have a lift on it so we cant do anything for you" . the service writer did sugest that i have someone weld a big washer around the hole to reinforce the area. but i think ill drill the ends of the cracks, clean them up and weld them. and then weld a plate in the area to reinforce the frame.

so i got some work to do but i wanted to let the good peeps of ddr know to take a quick look at the frame if your lifted cause im sure the stock gm frame would never crack unless you modify it. :beerpint: