Kicking Off Night Drags June 12th @ Dumont!

SandPsycho

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a dub in my pocket for you Jay those lights rock ! my stuff is loaded and ready , I hit wally world earlier and bought a bike head light and tail light and a big box of trash bags so if anybody needs one hit me up lets keep it clean ! Our crew should be rolling in around 4-5 pm, Its on! Lets have some fun racing and be safe ..............I have truck enough to get the lights in there if need be.

Edited by stock 350

Any trip reports or pics? Thread has been dead for a couple of days, hopefully a few folks showed up and had a safe and fun time. Let's hear how it went.

Well my take:

It was a good time, but the wind was relentless and the sand was SOFT... especially for those of us that got stuck at the sand trap west of Banshee.

utf-8BSU1HMDA2MTktMjAxMDA2MTItMTcyO.jpg

:beercheers: i dont know about the rest of you but i was pretty upset this morning when i went over to bathroom #7 to find it freshly tagged with spray paint and the mother f*ers left the cans behind i know it was freshly done to cuz the paint was still wet !!! just wanted to say thankx to the a**holes who did it your just making it harder for us to ride there and are gonna end up costing us more in fees to be there hope your f*cking proud of your work !

:beercheers: i dont know about the rest of you but i was pretty upset this morning when i went over to bathroom #7 to find it freshly tagged with spray paint and the mother f*ers left the cans behind i know it was freshly done to cuz the paint was still wet !!! just wanted to say thankx to the a**holes who did it your just making it harder for us to ride there and are gonna end up costing us more in fees to be there hope your f*cking proud of your work !

You should have kept the can of paint, I'm sure there is somebody in the law enforcement community that loves going to Dumont as much as the rest of us. Maybe they could pull some strings and have it finger printed. I would think a dirt bag that has done something like that before sould be in the system. Just my 2 cents. Glad to hear everyone had a good time.

Griz

I really took a lot of pictures and Its gonna take some time to go through them.

Here are a couple, a Teaser.

nightdrags2.jpg

nightdrags.jpg

Great pics!!!! fun night :idea: besides a little trash we picked alot of it up before we left!!! I cant believe somebody would spray paint a bathroom people just don't realize how big of a privilege it is to ride out at Big D!!!!!! :beercheers:

I didnt see the bathroom but I did see some the signs on the way in tagged with green paint , I had feeling the maggot was out there saturday night, all I can say Is what a sad a$$ little pussy that guy is! and I do know he is from the 909 cuz one tagg I read said ,I lick ballz and I like it in th azz 909 . at least thats what I read . we deff dont need people like that at D.

Edited by stock 350

Sucks about those dirtbags who trash our playground. Is that how they prefer it to look next time they go back there? I just don't understand ghetto a$$ people.

I don't know about any more bitching about trash, but can't wait to see all your shots, Neal! :beercheers:

Sucks about those dirtbags who trash our playground. Is that how they prefer it to look next time they go back there? I just don't understand ghetto a$$ people.

I don't know about any more bitching about trash, but can't wait to see all your shots, Neal! :beercheers:

I took pictures of the trash the next morning but don't want to give our enemies ammo. I did take pics of Rob and Katie (posted above) who are real heroes. This was their first time at Dumont and I asked them if they had any trash bags. They rode back to camp and returned with all they had. They spent the next 45 minutes with me cleaning up. I took some shots of their buggy for them for being responsible duners.

There were some really friendly people out there and let me get in their faces, so to speak, to take some really good pictures. It’s a shame that amongst them is a trash dumping human cancer.

I tried some different photo techniques and am hoping they turned out good. My quick look last night showed some really good shots. Some might be a little soft if you’re a pixel peeper, but they look good. No moon and those crazy stadium lights present some challenges for night shots.

I’ll work on them after work and hopefully have them uploaded within a couple of days.

i was out there on my blacked out TRX450R... had a freakin blast... we parked at the far side at the very end of banshee. everyone near us kept it clean... at least i know we took every scrap we brought out with us. at first we were parked by toilet #7. when we were there the inside of it looked like someone walked in the door, turned around, bent over , :beercheers: and then tried to "cr#p for distance".UGGG!!!! ... i didn't see any "art"....so we moved over to where the action was...

we did get stuck trying to leave the hill... some guy in a white crew cab F150 stopped to help us, went to get a strap, he came back and he got stuck. we got the trucks out after a little use of some loading ramps to get traction. i didn't get a chance to say thank you to the guy in the white F150.... i hope he may be on here. dude, i owe you a beer!!! thanks for the help. also thanks to the guys in a rhino that stopped to help as well.

this was the second time i have gone to the nite drags... i have a great time every trip... i can't wait till the next one.

Here are some of the photos from the drags. Some of the night shots are very high ISO, could use some remote strobes. I still think they came out fairly well considering the conditions.

Enjoy

All of them can be seen at this link: Night Drags

Here is a slideshow

p687246622-3.jpg

p987545596-3.jpg

p456884076-3.jpg

p417687604-3.jpg

p1016195012-3.jpg

p86378148-3.jpg

p332775496-3.jpg

p48400892-3.jpg

p902387353-3.jpg

p574181303-3.jpg

p923610630-3.jpg

p662545215-3.jpg

Of course, the mighty Xterra, puller of stuck trucks, rescuer of stranded kids on quads, overall dune cruiser.

p263891085-3.jpg

Edited by FE135

Wow, incredible photos, Neal! Good job as always, especially in those conditions like you said. :beercheers:

I love that shot of the razorback with the sand blowing off of the top! :idea: They are ALL really good though. Thanks for getting some really good coverage.

Great pics Neal ! I want to say thanks to Jay for getting the lights! it was really a great time and I had a blast , I didnt mean to rant in my last post but it burns me up when our play ground gets trashed! plus it gives us hillshooters a bad rep . So Jay when our we gunna do it again ?

did anyone get any pics of that acura integera suck in the trap going in or that d-max yanking that dodge mega cab out right there in front of banshee hill i didnt have my camera but i could not stop laughing when i saw it