got me a new toy

dunefreak

Well it was hard to do, but I sold my old '94 YZ250. I've had that bike for over 12 years and have had tons of great memories from it, but the fact of the matter is that it just sat in the garage more than it got ridden. I never rode it in the dunes because 90% of the time I am driving the buggy or riding the Rappy. You can only enjoy so many dune toys during a trip to D in one weekend. That and so many places nearby are closed to OHV use I could never find the time to get all loaded up and drive to BFE to ride.

So...on to the solution. I bought a 2005 Honda XR650L dual sport. :mex: Anna and drove into Redlands, CA yesterday to pick it up. The owner lived down in El Centro and thankfully was cool enough meet me much closer.

I'm super stoked to go out on long adventures on this thing. No, it won't be for the dunes, but I will going on long rides to places where most don't go. I have a handful of buddies with dual sport bikes that always go out so it's gonna be a blast. Just in time for spring too. :laughing:

This thing is super plush and comfortable to ride. So far I've only cruised it around my neighborhood and a little bit in the desert and it does great. It's really fun to ride.

It's already got a nice big 5+ gallon tank on it, some carb mods, XR's Only exhaust, updated hand gaurds with the turn signals integrated into them, it's been de-smogged and uncorked, and has fat bars. :lol:

post-3-1272219871_thumb.jpg

post-3-1272219905_thumb.jpg

post-3-1272219924_thumb.jpg

post-3-1272220072_thumb.jpg

Very nice, your gonna have fun with that, Congrats.... You all should have stopped by on your way home, could have tested it out behind the house....SF Woody :mex:

Thanks guys. :laughing:

I really wanted to, Woods, but we had absolutely no time and had to get back home since it was getting pretty late. We went to Redlands and back in the same day. Plus I had another one of my BFG's separate on my DMax and was running on the spare the whole way back home. I just had one go last weekend too so I was praying that that the 2 remaining tires held up to make it home.

I don't get it. Those tires aren't even that old. :lol:

We'll see ya in a couple weeks bud. ;)

Here's me havin a beer saying goodbye to the YZ right before I sold it last week. :laughing:

That sh*t was harder than I thought to let go of! :dope:

post-3-1272244810_thumb.jpg

I don't regret it though. Time to turn another page. :lol::mex:

:hello: You got me thinkin'.

My 2000 cr250 sits in the trailer, all tied down, just about every trip. It was my first brand new bike, heck, brand new anything. I thought I'd save it for my kids someday :argue: I used to go to the local mx tracks with it, just about every weekend, when I was younger/single. I was all about the bike, even laughed at the wussies on four wheels( that I became).

Not real sure what it's worth, but maybe I should sell mine too? :laughoff:

Congrats on the find! Looks like it was taken care of.

nice bike foolio

string and i have this place we stop and eat at on the way to oceano...the burger barn...we met these guys that rode across the Carizo plain on their dual sport ktm 525s from Taft to the Burger Barn in New Cuyama....took about 4 hours they said....wild flowers are in full bloom too.

youre gonna dig it...plus it will save you some gas

How was the drive home? Was Anna still vibrating? lol It was great seeing you guys. tHE XR is kickass.

The drive home was torture...70 mph the whole way so no other tires would separate and explode. :banghead:

Good seeing you too. I wish we had time to bring Woods along and stay longer, but we had to get back.

That stereo is fuggin insane!!! :blury::headbang1:

MUTHA BITCHEZZZ! :MBdance::laughoff:

post-3-1272306883_thumb.jpg

I've been wanting to do the same thing ... All the cool trail rides are now requiring a license plated vehicle.... Fuggn enviros

what about that 40k super duty with the offroad tires, i bet if you look real hard you can find the 4wd button, i swear they can go in the dirt bro. j/k homie there you go keep the rhino and get a dual sport bike..

what about that 40k super duty with the offroad tires, i bet if you look real hard you can find the 4wd button, i swear they can go in the dirt bro. j/k homie there you go keep the rhino and get a dual sport bike..

:?: 4wd drive buttons dont work that great when the rig is +8600# :headbang1: just gives you the ability to bury all 4 tires nice and deep :banghead:

nice toy pete what do you have a warhouse for all the toys lol :thumbsdown::bump:

Great Ride Pete.

When we were out at the little dunes for the Baker to Vegas LE race there was a club/group show up on Dual sports complete with the gps's mounted. Looked like the bikes they do the Dakar Rally on, Maybe you can find them and go for some rides with them. Some were from Vegas and some were from Cali.

The wierd thing was that they always rode standing up???? A couple hit the sand but most just tore up the hard pan!

Any who, Congrats!!!!!!

:lol:

nice toy pete what do you have a warhouse for all the toys lol :thumbsdown::lol:

Thnx Tom. :bump: Nah, no warehouse...just the little 2 car garage. I'm actually down to less toys than in the past. I have gotten rid of the ones we don't use anymore and upgraded the ones we do. :lol:

Great Ride Pete.

When we were out at the little dunes for the Baker to Vegas LE race there was a club/group show up on Dual sports complete with the gps's mounted. Looked like the bikes they do the Dakar Rally on, Maybe you can find them and go for some rides with them. Some were from Vegas and some were from Cali.

The wierd thing was that they always rode standing up???? A couple hit the sand but most just tore up the hard pan!

Any who, Congrats!!!!!!

:old:

Thanks Pat. There's bunch of dual sport groups that my buddies have told me about. It could have been one of them. Who knows.

I've actually been by your house a few times now on the bike, but the shop wasn't open so I didn't stop.

Thnx Tom. :thumbsdown: Nah, no warehouse...just the little 2 car garage. I'm actually down to less toys than in the past. I have gotten rid of the ones we don't use anymore and upgraded the ones we do. :bump:

Thanks Pat. There's bunch of dual sport groups that my buddies have told me about. It could have been one of them. Who knows.

I've actually been by your house a few times now on the bike, but the shop wasn't open so I didn't stop.

IF the Red truck is here so am I. Drop in anytime!!!!