Chaparral

BLUE STEEL

Ok, so I have been on a hunt for some new rims for my dirt tires on the :MBdance:. I liked the Douglas Diablos that I had put my Skats on for the sand, I decided to go with those for my dirt tires too. I searched around and it seemed like no one had them. So I called Chaparral (where I got my last set) and of course they were out of stock. The price was good so I asked the guy how long untill they get them in. He checked for me and said one week. So now two weeks into this I checked again and they said it will be another month or so. Are you kidding me. Oh, I forgot to tell you that they had one wheel so they had already sent me that one. Well, needless to say I found the rims somewhere else and they will be here tomorrow. There is one problem I need to return the one wheel that Chaparral had sent me. I called this morning and they told me I had to pay to ship it back. :headbang1: What???? So it is my fault you sent me one rim and now I can't wait for the others. You are going to make me pay for shipping because you can't get the rims as prommised. I am pissed off. :laughoff: Anyways I packed it up and sent it back. I will no longer be shopping there anymore. That kind of service just make me :banghead: Thanks for hearing me out.

Was this after talking to the manager?

I know they get a lot of high school flunkies :headbang1: in there with an I don't care attitude...

After my 3rd person and tired of telling my story I gave up. Not my style to give up, but I think they will lose a lot more than just a $10 shipping fee from me.

Unfortunately, this type of non-customer service is par for the course at craparral. Ive had similiar experiences there as well. I prefer to use a small local dealer for most stuff now even if they always have to order it. Just ship it back and consider it a lesson learned. You won't get anywhere with them. In my experience....the "don't care" attitude goes all the way to the top

Kevin

we call them CRAParral for a reason!!!!

We were going to 'CRAParral' for years. I started buying form them back in 1986 when they had the small shop on the other side of 210 FWY. The customer service has gotten worse and worse over the past few years..

I dont even bother buying parts or anything from there any more. If one of the kids need something like a helmet or gloves or I need a part I just go on line. Chaparral is the biggest super store for bikes I have been in but they are ALWAYS out of what I need ... Every Friggen Time!!

Some of the Kids that work there are to busy telling each other how cool they are or their trying to hook up with someone else..

We have 7 Bikes from Quads to Enduros and there is 6 riders in this family... Guess they dont need our $$$. We will not deal with Chaparral MotorSports anymore! :laughoff:

The last couple of times I went in there, I could not get any help in the Helmet area. I asked a lady that worked (IN HELMETS) if they had a couple sizes in 2 helmets.. She said she was on her break and I should try to find someone else... The others in that Dept were to busy to help also. I was looking to buy 4 new Helmets. :banghead: Em! That was the last time we were there.

On line works for us now....

:headbang1:

Ive never bought a thing from them online but I have spent thousands upon thousands in their store. I too have shopped there since the late 80 when they had their first shop on the other side of the freeway and then their second shop which turned in to a watecraft store.

All things aside from what you ordered if it had not been a set of wheels and a few parts that a partial order was backordered the rant would be they shipped me nothing of my order when only one item was backordered.... Why not send a partial order. Well they did it it just so happens to be a set of wheels that it did not help with. A retailer has no control over when a company sends and fills orders. They just pass on the dates provided by the manufacturer. I can promise you that EVERY MC manufacture fills Chapparals orders before any other mail order companies or box store. They will even fill Chapparals orders before many distributors.

this is a problem from the actual producers of the goods we buy.....due to the economy, companies are not making as many items as they were 6 months to a year ago

a great example is bilstein. They chose to cut back on manufacturing certain shocks...and now there is a shortage of these shocks all over the US ( dmax front and rear 5100's)

call the manufacturer directly and tell them your problem...they might sell directly to you

:(

sounds like they've acquired quite the reputation.

I first went out there about 14 years ago, and being a newby in this sport, I was blown away. I swear I heard angels singing alleluiah every time I opened their doors, and saw all those bikes. Eventually, in 2000, I bought one there, and a quad for my wife 4 years later. I haven't been out there for a few years now; Sounds like they've dropped the ball! I always figured they'd run the mom and pops stores out of business, not the way they are now :headbang1:

I always order from rockymountainatvmc.com or DennisKirk.com between the both of them they always have what i need and its here within a day or so

I agree I always use rocky mountain atv for everything very helpful on the phone and

usually there in 2 days unless told about before hand never had a bad order from them.

I bought my Teryx from Chapparral and the process was fairly painless with good, not great service. Just my $.02.

what a joke they are and charge way to much now be for you would get a great deal but would have to wait in line but now no line and much higher in there price. and there service sucks i go to mrcycle.com for factory parts way cheaper a