cost on replacing fork seals

Scadigan

iv got a 06 crf450 and blew my front left fork seal and was wondering what the cost is to get fixed if i were to take it to a shop. Also should i get new seals in the other fork as well so there both fresh and should i take the forks off before i take them in or just drop the bike off at the shop and let them deal with it?

I could also do it by myself if its not to hard and if i dont need special tools of some sort but whats the best option here?

Edited by Scadigan

iv got a 06 crf450 and blew my front left fork seal and was wondering what the cost is to get fixed if i were to take it to a shop. Also should i get new seals in the other fork as well so there both fresh and should i take the forks off before i take them in or just drop the bike off at the shop and let them deal with it?

I could also do it by myself if its not to hard and if i dont need special tools of some sort but whats the best option here?

not to hard you can make the tools you need like pvc for installing the seals it is easy

• 7 months later...

replace both at the same time. the other one will go soon anyway. don't cheap out on the seals. go for oem or better and make sure you replace the bushings too. it is usually much cheaper to take in just the forks. it's worth taking them off first at the rate most shops charge. doing those your self is a pain in the arse! there's a reason race-tech charges $1500.00 for a 2 day class on these cartridge style forks.