Anyone have a Polaris Outlaw 450mxr?

Looking for some info, 1st hand dune experience on this quad...A friend of ours just got this bike and we are trying to figure out how to make it more 'dunable'.

It's stock except skat trak paddles, definately have to replace the 18" dirt tires on the front... then of course the standard mods...

Anyone know of any forums for the Polaris Outlaw? The Polaris specific ones I've checked so far don't have much info about the Outlaw 450.

Looking for some info, 1st hand dune experience on this quad...A friend of ours just got this bike and we are trying to figure out how to make it more 'dunable'.

It's stock except skat trak paddles, definately have to replace the 18" dirt tires on the front... then of course the standard mods...

Anyone know of any forums for the Polaris Outlaw? The Polaris specific ones I've checked so far don't have much info about the Outlaw 450.

You wont find any real dedicated forums on the outlaw. As far as mods in this order.

1. Tires

2. Drop a tooth up front

3. JD jet kit. They have a custom taper needle that rips on KTM FCR carbs.

4. Rath racing intake

5. FMF 4.1 slip on or the whole FMF 4.1 with mega bomb head pipe.(if money is no issue.)

These mod's will put that motor in the 53-55 hp range and it will RIP!

You wont find any real dedicated forums on the outlaw. As far as mods in this order.

1. Tires

2. Drop a tooth up front

3. JD jet kit. They have a custom taper needle that rips on KTM FCR carbs.

4. Rath racing intake

5. FMF 4.1 slip on or the whole FMF 4.1 with mega bomb head pipe.(if money is no issue.)

These mod's will put that motor in the 53-55 hp range and it will RIP!

Thanks Craig...not looking for a lot of power mods just yet...she is a beginner :laughoff: , but I'm sure I'll get her skills up quickly and then we will start with the power mods and then I'll be asking you for the same on a Honda TRX450 ;) even though those are easier to find info on.

Definately have to get front tires asap... I just figured out that Polaris has a unique bolt pattern up front :worthless_without_pics: so do you know if there is an easy/cheap way to change it out so it would be the honda/suz/kawi pattern??

Will also look into re-gearing it...

Do you know if it's a common issue on those to not want to go into neutral? It's almost impossible to get neutral on that bike!

www.polarisriders.com

Thanks, I hadn't been to that one yet :beercheers: .

Your welcome. The rear bolt pattern is a 4/110(honda, zuki, Kawi. The front is a yamaha, 4/156. Finding neutral is a bit tricky. It will get better with practice and break in.

• 2 weeks later...

aaenperformance.com