I got a 2009 rzr s.

Just Mike

I sold my rail and had to have something to drive so Jodi and I went down to Parker on tues to pick up a 2009 RZR S. I just wanted to know if there were any must have upgrades for it. I know rhino's well but never owned an RZR before.

im sure OGP and others will eventually chime in....congrats on the rzr s Mike

i know there is a must do air intake to keep sand out of your engine....i think its called a UMP or something like that

of course, you can have the cage redone too, add doors, lightbar...yada yada yada..

im sure OGP and others will eventually chime in....congrats on the rzr s Mike

i know there is a must do air intake to keep sand out of your engine....i think its called a UMP or something like that

of course, you can have the cage redone too, add doors, lightbar...yada yada yada..

well I am not sure what kind of driving youll be doing, but we use ours for work, and an aluminum skid plate is an absolute must for us! we broke through the plastic one in about 3 weeks from sliding down into and out of gulleys :ahhhhh:

IMG00273-20100406-1200.jpg

I sold my rail and had to have something to drive so Jodi and I went down to Parker on tues to pick up a 2009 RZR S. I just wanted to know if there were any must have upgrades for it. I know rhino's well but never owned an RZR before.

First new air cleaner. UMP or Dragonfire (BTI) is a must. If you don't you may need a new top end first trip. More top end jobs than new brake pads on RZRs. Clean it EVERY NIGHT!

Second Skid Plate. I waited too long. Just because you can't see isn't a good reason. Duners seem to prefer metal. Trail Riders like me prefer UHMW. I've got a 1/2" from Factory UTV Without a doubt strongest plate I've ever seen, doesn't bend on rocks just slides over them. Most use 3/8. Shipping will shock you and Factory UTV isn't cheap to begin with. Worth it through IMHO.

Eli

Got the 4 points in. Now to get the UMP and that should do it for now.

OK......

post-3407-1275767730_thumb.jpg

The front of the stock skid off mine. Wasn't pretty under it either. BTW the passenger side is completely MIA after being cut off. I'd have lost the whole thing trying to get to camp dragging that piece of......

Eli

Edited by eli

I want to do that as well but need to save some more coins

I understand.....I've got a lot stuff hanging on my mine that I thought I needed more but in the end I was over 15 rough miles from camp without a hack saw :clap:

Eli