accident

Captain Carl

does anyone know how the driver of the rail that wrecked on 12/3/05 is?he was flown out...

Not sure if the info i received was correct or not but I heard that the Driver died and one of the passengers was paralyzed. not sure what happened to the other passenger.

AGAIN, NOT SURE IF THIS INFO IS CORRECT. (JUST WHAT I HEARD)

does anyone know how the driver of the rail that wrecked on 12/3/05 is?he was flown out...

What a strange and tragic year. We went back to the RV where they were staying and it was dark. The rangers had towed the car to their camp and left it. The car was destroyed but even more than that the lives that were shattered with another fatal accident. Over the last 5 years as the sport has grown the accidents become more severe and more frequent. I feel horrible when something like this happens for the families and loved one's. Our condolences go out to all.

Not sure if the info i received was correct or not but I heard that the Driver died and one of the passengers was paralyzed. not sure what happened to the other passenger.

AGAIN, NOT SURE IF THIS INFO IS CORRECT. (JUST WHAT I HEARD)

Rangers on the scene said "driver was thrown from car and flight for life took him. Passenger deceased" he also stated it appears "neither party was wearing seat belts" these are the rangers words only being repeated.

Was this on the hill to the left as you go to comp by the whoop area? I saw them fly out, All I could see was a rail at the bottom of the hill and a quad that looked mangled up @ the top and alot of rangers. :(

yeah that was it dont know if the car hit the quad it appeared he just flew the razor

Whatever happened- we know one or more died and another got seriously injured. Very tragic indeed. :(

I want to know why these guys weren't buckled in? :grin:

My condolences to the family and friends of these people. Just another reminder how safe we need to be out there in the dunes. Very sad. :(

Whatever happened- we know one or more died and another got seriously injured. Very tragic indeed. :(

I want to know why these guys weren't buckled in? :grin:

My condolences to the family and friends of these people. Just another reminder how safe we need to be out there in the dunes. Very sad. :(

It was only the car involved. It looks like they were playing on the face of the dune and over shot the top of the hill. I'm willing to bet the wind blowing sand up the hill made it hard to judge how fast they were going up the hill also well where the hill stops. If anyone has ever ridden when its windy you will know this feeling. Still no excuse not to buckle in. :(

It was only the car involved. It looks like they were playing on the face of the dune and over shot the top of the hill. I'm willing to bet the wind blowing sand up the hill made it hard to judge how fast they were going up the hill also well where the hill stops. If anyone has ever ridden when its windy you will know this feeling. Still no excuse not to buckle in. :(

Very hard to read the sand when its all smoothed out by the wind too. I had that problem this last weekend as I turned going up the face on the back side of comphill, for a moment I thought the terrain was going to be sloping up when instead it went down really quick needless to say I fell with all my buddies behind me.. Sad to see what happened there though that is something that will be in the back of my mind from now on. :(

Yeah I know exactly what your talkin about. When that wind is whippin I don't dare come close to the top. You can't see at all, not to mention getting sand blasted!!! OUCH. :finger:

It's a good exfoliator (at least that's what my wife says) :grin:

Hi all. I don't know how many of you saw the yellow Nissan Frontier on Turkey day. I saw that one go down. There were two young couples in the pickup. The guy let his girlfriend drive his truck. She was going around 40ish and blasted over a razor thinking it was a hill. The truck landed nose first and made about a two foot deep divet in the sand. The front was wasted, the truck buckled and the airbag shot the rearview mirror out the back window. We towed the truck to the flats and got them back to camp. Thank God they wern't seriously hurt. I just dont understand how peeps can take their daily drivers to the dunes as play toys. That Saturday be4 the winds kicked up there were several guys racing what looked like their wive big suv's up banshee hill next to the races!!!!!!Always a good idea to go duning or wheeling with out a cage in your vehicle!!!!!

Hi all. I don't know how many of you saw the yellow Nissan Frontier on Turkey day. I saw that one go down. There were two young couples in the pickup. The guy let his girlfriend drive his truck. She was going around 40ish and blasted over a razor thinking it was a hill. The truck landed nose first and made about a two foot deep divet in the sand. The front was wasted, the truck buckled and the airbag shot the rearview mirror out the back window. We towed the truck to the flats and got them back to camp. Thank God they wern't seriously hurt. I just dont understand how peeps can take their daily drivers to the dunes as play toys. That Saturday be4 the winds kicked up there were several guys racing what looked like their wive big suv's up banshee hill next to the races!!!!!!Always a good idea to go duning or wheeling with out a cage in your vehicle!!!!!

I kinda have to disagree w/ this... as i am one of those Punks that wheel's thier daily driver.

There are 2 diffrent types of people... Responsible/smart and Irresponsible/Stupid.. I am one to know the limits of my truck and my driving ability... I will not take my truck somewhere i have not ridden on my bike and up some dune that i dont know whats on the other side... THat being said.. I have had 2 years of wheeling my truck thruought the small dunes of glamis and soon to be the small dunes in dumont... I dont drive above my head or the trucks ability and am a very cautious driver... YES things can break and its a risk i take but whoopdie fuggin doo its only a truck... and its only money... if i wreck my truck because my ability and or talent ran out... i just pray that im still in one piece and able to walk away.. And NO i have never been in a accident or had a ticket that counted against my record to this day. Sometimes its a necessary evil to take your daily driver duning or on a RESCUE mission to get a wounded bike or someone outta the dunes... The only time you really hear of accidents is when people have a had a few too many or are being completely stupid and dont know thier vehicle all that well... I have a suzuki samurai that i wheel as well adn you can bet your a$$ i will not take it to the top of comp in dumont... that place has a curse on suzuki's.. :D now out in the bowls and nice sweepers you betcha.. :D

Sorry for the long winded post but had to make my point that not everyone is out to destroy thier daily driver..

you don't think riding in your daily driver is stupid until you wreck it beyond repair.then in hindsight you say to yourself "man,what was I doing!" Also I give my condolences to the young couple and their family that were involved in that accident.We all have to accept that when we go out riding anything can happen-and much of it we cannot control- we take a chance everytime we go out to ride.The risk level is as dangerous as in any other sport or recreational activity.