Well it finally got done (almost) haha

DunerDan

Well we bought our first house march 30 and we love it :beercheers: . We have spent some time making it our own. I laid tile, painted, had someone else put carpet in the master, cleaned up the yard and the previous owners sloppy and wierd painting choices....anywho its just about done and were havin a open house/house warming party. Its on wednesday June 16. i know most of you guys i know on here live in vegas and what not, but still thought id share. Ill post up some progress pictures as well. So its from 2:30 till whenever so come by for some gub and :idea:

(only pic i have at work)

post-5395-1276450559_thumb.jpg

Edited by yfzrider53

I got into my first 8 yrs. ago, and I'm still enjoying it. It can be a lot of work, but it's very rewarding. I still haven't completed all of my projects on the list I made the day we moved in, but I'm still working on it. I set the ceiling joists yesterday, on the new addition. I try to do just about everything myself, and save the difference; framing, drywall, tile, stucco, windows, yard work, etc.

Basically, I'm a honkey with a big hat :idea:

Congrats on your first home. :beercheers:

Congratulations, nice pad.

We had our house, now, built in 98, and we still love it. Be ready for the $$ to roll in the house for everything you want to do. Just in the back yard, and it's small, I have a heart attack every time I even start to add up what we've done. It doesn't take long for it to add up.

I guess my point would be, it's a fun, rough, agrevating journey you're gonna take, but, It's gonna be soooooo worth it. Our house is still our favorite place to hang out.

Dig my home owner brother,

BBTank

I got into my first 8 yrs. ago, and I'm still enjoying it. It can be a lot of work, but it's very rewarding. I still haven't completed all of my projects on the list I made the day we moved in, but I'm still working on it. I set the ceiling joists yesterday, on the new addition. I try to do just about everything myself, and save the difference; framing, drywall, tile, stucco, windows, yard work, etc.

Basically, I'm a honkey with a big hat :idea:

Congrats on your first home. :beercheers:

yup i'm the same way, do it myself and save the dough. and now I got a couple of buddys that want me to do there tile now. Ya we are not close to being done, but mostly withthe inside so we are starting on the outside, basically hula hoeing hah!

Thanks Pete! next time ur around hit me up and stop by for a brew! man, wish it was still dune season...gotta make more trips with you guys next season, it was a blast!

Congratulations, nice pad.

We had our house, now, built in 98, and we still love it. Be ready for the $$ to roll in the house for everything you want to do. Just in the back yard, and it's small, I have a heart attack every time I even start to add up what we've done. It doesn't take long for it to add up.

I guess my point would be, it's a fun, rough, agrevating journey you're gonna take, but, It's gonna be soooooo worth it. Our house is still our favorite place to hang out.

Dig my home owner brother,

BBTank

Thanks man! yes it's very rewarding already, but we know it's gonna be a an ever ongoing project