July 4th weekend?

bmitchell373

Ill be there, for the day if not the whole weekend. Yay for tents!!! :atv:

:dayum: You're insane. :bump: Bring LOTS of water and shade.

and i will b making nitro bombs 4 fun and making rocket boosters 4 my nitro truck

i hope i doesn't catch on fire :laughing::usa:

:blink:

I'm a welder by trade so heat doesn't bother me. Chances are ill go out fri. night and ride sat morning then head home. My gf is stuck working otherwise we would be in duck creek the whole weekend. b*tch!!! :P I love you baby.

Be aware that during the summer the winds move the sand back to the north. This causes some very soft sand and some REALLY big witches eyes. It's dangerous as hell until you get some seat time and check out a few lines to ride. Be careful and lots o' luck

Be aware that during the summer the winds move the sand back to the north. This causes some very soft sand and some REALLY big witches eyes. It's dangerous as hell until you get some seat time and check out a few lines to ride. Be careful and lots o' luck

Thanks, I've never hit a witch eye (knock on wood). I haven't been to Dumont in a few years (was away for college), but I have my new Raptor 700 SE that needs to see some sand.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after all the crap, stupid long a$$ work week 12+ hour days all week. Im not going to dumont. Im going to drive up to duck creek for a day then had back that night. Not too bummed i dont have paddles for my atv yet anyways. Any one have a set for Raptor 700 they wana sell?

Well after all the crap, stupid long a$$ work week 12+ hour days all week. Im not going to dumont. Im going to drive up to duck creek for a day then had back that night. Not too bummed i dont have paddles for my atv yet anyways. Any one have a set for Raptor 700 they wana sell?

I have a set of play cut mini desert trac's that are on Yamaha rims that I want to sell. They are great tires for duning and on the hill. If your interested let me know and i will get you some pics. These are expensive tires from the git go but the play cut is not as expensive as comp cuts so I will help you out on the deal.

Terry

I have a set of play cut mini desert trac's that are on Yamaha rims that I want to sell. They are great tires for duning and on the hill. If your interested let me know and i will get you some pics. These are expensive tires from the git go but the play cut is not as expensive as comp cuts so I will help you out on the deal.

Terry

Ive never heard of those, but i dont know much about paddles. if i could see a pic and a price tho, please

Ive never heard of those, but i dont know much about paddles. if i could see a pic and a price tho, please

Will get some taken tomorrow. Are you in the Vegas area?

Good choice, I love it up there............. Have fun

:woo_hoo:

I went to Dumont this 4th and stayed from Thursday afternoon until Sunday morning. There was no one else there until Friday night and finally one group arrived and had the nerve to raise their Mexican flag on the 4th weekend. :woo_hoo: Even though we were a quarter mile apart, all their kids -- mostly without helmets and doubled-up on quads, would ride to our camp and then turn back.

The temps from 6 pm to 11 am were nice but the peak hours were brutal without AC. Using our large fan with generator made it just seem like hot air blowing in your face. Drinking water, Gatorade and beer helped pass the 7 hours of heat each day. We dunked our tshirts in the cooler water and wore our wet shirts which cooled out body temps drastically.

Thanks for the report!

Some people have some serious nerve. I'm surprised they didn't pull up and camp next to you. They should go back to Mexico and play in that dirt if they like it so much. No matter what ethnicity you are, if you are in this country by choice then you should be proud and fly the US flag or get the eff out if you don't like it!

Sweet looking buggy BTW. :woo_hoo:

Holly Chit you should never say NEVER. Good to hear you came back in one piece and not dehydrated. Only the tuff survive and I guess you are one of them. Good to hear you had a great weekend. Did you light off any fireworks in the other direction... :woo_hoo:

I wish I had stocked up on fireworks but only had a mixed bag of little stuff with me for this trip. Funny thing that they chose to set up camp within 10 feet of a stinky bathroom. Must smell like home (TJ) for them.

My buggy really needed paddles for Dumont and it was my first time out with this new build. So they are on my wish list -- but "a must" before my next sand trip.

BTW: The little sand car flying up the dune is a 1/5 scale RC car: HPI Baja 5B.

Pismo was actually Plan A but we did not want to watch our toys rust and there is no comparison to the quality and quantity of duning at Dumont vs. Pismo.

Edited by buggymaniac