***Can I "pull" it off***

desertskyz

I found this http://www.johnniewalkerrv.com/rv/forestri...LL_702-451-3565

Here are the spec's on it.

http://www.rvweb.com/guides/manufacturers/...t-1086809958461

My truck is a 2000 Chevy Silverado, extra-cab. 4.8 V8 with only a 3.42 gear ratio. I could pul it empty but with water, propane and beer. LOL I don't think I can. I need some experts here. I want it so bad, but I think I might be doing this for the wrong reasons. Revenge and emotions are playing a big part. :bump:

I really need smart answers, not "Go buy a bigger truck."

Thanks guys I miss you.

Edited by desertskyz

Hey she's alive! :laughing:

Your truck can pull it. Loaded up it will be pushing the limits of your truck but everyone does that. :bump: You will want to keep your speeds fairly low when towing but I'd say it's do-able if you don't over do it. One thing to keep in mind is you will have to park on hard pack at Dumont because any where near a finger dune you will get stuck pulling out of camp with only 2WD.

If you want it ~ get it it will be yours, you use it when you as often as you and you depend on NO one but yourself. Thats a good feeling too. You did it, You own it if someone does't like it? You'll love it even more

It's great to be the strong independent female that has done it all herself. Be proud of what you have, have done or not done it's your life enjoy it the way you want.

Sometimes it just fells good to say neeneer neeneer neeneer if thats what ya need.

I afraid if I get it I might screw up my truck. If I do that I am screwed. I can't afford another truck.

Augggg :bump: I don't know what to do. If my gear ratio was 3.7 I would.

I am not sure.

I don't know who to believe. J. walker say, "Sure", Pete works at chevy and ok, maybe, Another chevy guy says know way. Then this one guys says, He pulled his with his F150 and blew the tranny.

:laughing:

I might be better off in the long run with this

http://www.dunesports.com/build_your_toy_hauler.php

It's the little 12 footer. Not alot of room, but hell it's just me and my seventy. LOL hey that rhymes.

Edited by desertskyz

I think you will be fine, I pulled a fully loaded 19ft Attitude with a 1500 ram that was a 4.7 and it went fine and had lots of fun on trips.

It even was a 2x4 and had no problems getting around dumont, wel atleast that I couldent get out of with a little help..lol

I always filled up with water and gas once I got there to help with the gas bill..A good hitch and sway bars will keep you safe along with a brake controller and you will be fine..

Paulypaul pulled that 22 ft carson with a 1/2ton 5.3 for a season or 2. Vegas style is pulling an 18ft trailer with his 1/2ton nissan. Like pete said keep your foot out of it climbing potosi and keep your speeds decent 60-65ish and you will be fine.

You will be fine! Buy it like someone else said go slow and dont push your speed. You always parked in the hard pack from what I remember , I dont think you will have any problems and If you do you have lots of friends in different places... :MBdance:

Paulypaul pulled that 22 ft carson with a 1/2ton 5.3 for a season or 2. Vegas style is pulling an 18ft trailer with his 1/2ton nissan. Like pete said keep your foot out of it climbing potosi and keep your speeds decent 60-65ish and you will be fine.

why dont she just do the speed limit of 55mph

also might want to look into changing your fluids out to synthetic too...especially the rear axle and the tranny

glad to see yous still contemplating this.....

:B:

Who do those cute kids belong to?

I keep wondering. :MBdance: What is the point if after the down payment tax, insurance, licence, monthly payment, hitch, brakes, etc. I can't afford to go anywhere. I don't want to get in over my head.

Then I have to outfit it with the cute girl stuff. I used to have all that stuff, but somehow it all ended up in my neighbors MH.

Could I change my gears?

of course. You can put it in reverse even with a trailer attached. duh! :slap:

:laughoff:

If you wanted some more power and it seemed like it was bogging more than you wanted gears would help. Figure about 500-1200 bucks though. You may or may not need them though.

Eff it. Pull the trigger, buy the trailer, and then buy a 3/4 or 1 ton within a year or so afterwards like the rest of us did. :MBdance:

You will be fine though. A 19 footer isn't that much for your truck. ;) Quit thinking about it so much and go have fun! :MBdance::dunno:

As for your brakes, all you need is a brake controller. About a hundred bucks and a 30 pack for install and you'll be styling. ;)

How many?

:D Funny.

I have a buddy that pulls a 23" trailer from Henderson out to meet us all the time with his half ton, he ended up getting better tires for his truck as well as air bags. Does fine now. :MBdance:

F it, I bailed! They wanted way to much for the trailer.

I will sit quietly, weight my my options and make a good decision.

Not emotional ones. Hell, I didn't get where I'm at cause I'm stupid about money.

I may end up being a dune groupie, but I will do it all by myself. Hey! at least I have my a 70.

Edited by desertskyz

well here are my :dunno: ;

1 get the trailer

2 if you feel you need to change your gears, then do so.

3 get the weight distribution bars and a brake controller may be air bags

4 don,t get the same tire as bert :MBdance:

5 just get the trailer you will be fine :MBdance: and take last of pics when you go out

hey i have a brake controller i will give ya, if ya need it, you can always put smaller tires on your truck to give you a lower gear ratio as well.you did know that didnt you.besides everyone would help you anyway if you got stuck. dont get water until you get into pahrump anyway so your not pullin the hills. anyway take care see ya soon